It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you own anything made by foxconn you need to see what a suicide net is.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Foxconn have suicide nets installed around their factories so that workers cannot leave this planet.

These buildings are worse than prisons. They are tortue camps.

Do you own something made by foxconn? Something made by the prisoners it calls workers? www.nytimes.com...

People really need to question how the products they are using have been made.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

this is the planet we have become.
edit on 27-1-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

If you look inside your computer, you've got Foxconn parts in it.
Most of the cables in desktop computers are made by Foxconn.
Quite a few integrated components in most every system come from Foxconn as well.

Your hard drive, CD Drive, Video Card, Sound Card, Any and ever part of your system, whether desktop or laptop, and even quite a few phones, have Foxconn parts.

If you want to boycott Foxconn, you're going to have to give up most, if not all of your tech.

Same thing with Texas Instruments.

edit on 27-1-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

I have given up most things over the last couple of years. The more we learn about the products that are sold to us and how they are made I am happy to bin them. I have never owned anything made by apple. I am beginning to switch off everything. All i am using now is a crappy old laptop. It will probably die soon anyway and I will not be replacing it.
Younger people who are happy to buy and use all these products need to be made aware of what their counterparts have to do to make these products for them. Essiantially you are employing slaves to bring these products to you.
The industries have for decades hidden this kind of crap from consumers. They are masters at putting as much distance between the consumer and the slave.
If you go into a shop in the future and are told that the product is made by people who would rather commit suicide than work in the factory it is made in and can't do that becuase some bright spark came up with suicide nets, would you want that product?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

If someone wants to off themselves out of protest there's plenty other ways than jumping can do it.
Self immolation is one.

Still, quite sad.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Bummer!
I do not believe that at any point in my life, my employement made me want to kill myself.
It is terrible that there are so many mentally unstable people in one region yet alone they all work at the same company.
I for one am glad that this company took steps to ensure these peoples lives!
Even though I am hardcore into the made in USA label, I think ima go buy some foxconn products tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Foxconn have suicide nets installed around their factories
There are many alternative methods.

Jumping out of a 3-story building isn't at the top of my list. It's too risky. May end up with many broken bones, but alive. Might hurt a bit.

........ so that workers cannot leave this planet.
When you die, you are buried under the dirt, or you are burnt. Neither of those is a spaceship ride off of the planet.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

........ so that workers cannot leave this planet.
When you die, you are buried under the dirt, or you are burnt.

Neither of those is a spaceship ride off of the planet.

i will be long gone when my body is getting crispy here ......... ;-)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Missed this one from a couple of weeks ago. It seems the CEO just views the workforce in foxconn as animals.

I don't know whether thats worse or better than be viewed as a slave?

"Hon Hai (Foxconn) has a workforce of over one million worldwide, and as human beings are also animals, to manage one million animals gives me a headache," Gou said.

www.tomsguide.com...

Its clear how these people consider other human beings. There was this weird outpouring of grief for S.Jobs a few months back. That very person stood on top of one these factories in 2010 defending them.

We are aware how these kind of companies operate now. The question is, will people just carry on as normal or will you refuse to be part of this sick operation. Because everytime you purchase something that is made by this company you are actively part of the evil that it is.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

yes, but he said that while at some kind of event at a zoo.

context means something, ignoring it makes you ignorant.
edit on 28-1-2012 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
Foxconn have suicide nets installed around their factories so that workers cannot leave this planet.

Do you own something made by foxconn? Something made by the prisoners it calls workers? www.nytimes.com...

People really need to question how the products they are using have been made.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

this is the planet we have become.

The most interesting thing about this picture to me is the placement of the nets. They are just high enough to probably save you from death, but definitely low enough to pretty much gaurantee that if you live you will more than likely be #ed up for life and crippled. All the more incentive not to jump.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

So were are all the pro China idiots?

I am sure the people will eventually tear China apart from the inside. I say it will be in the next 10 years or less.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

i am more inclined to think that people generally blurt out what they are thinking. They can then use the circumstances to try and justify it.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Lot of reading in NYT's report.

In China, Human Costs Are Built Into an iPad

The explosion ripped through Building A5 on a Friday evening last May, an eruption of fire and noise that twisted metal pipes as if they were discarded straws. Two people were killed immediately, and over a dozen others hurt.
Employees work excessive overtime, in some cases seven days a week, and live in crowded dorms.
Under-age workers have helped build Apple’s products, and the company’s suppliers have improperly disposed of hazardous waste and falsified records
Two years ago, 137 workers at an Apple supplier in eastern China were injured after they were ordered to use a poisonous chemical to clean iPhone screens. Within seven months last year, two explosions at iPad factories, including in Chengdu, killed four people and injured 77.

www.nytimes.com...

Shorter summary.
NY Times Investigation Confirms That Apple’s Factories In China Are Basically Slave Labor Camps
www.uproxx.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

And retailers employ slaves to sell products to people with low pay, bullying and abusive tactics allowed by management and favouritism shown to those who don't work as hard.

If you're gonna quit anything due to the world we live in and living standards, you might as well quit living.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Its funny how people are yelled at as communists if they want orgnanize themselves to better their pay and their working conditions, while those who have the means to employ labour are free to do everything to drive the price down. And for what? Does it change your live so much if you can buy 3 iPads each time an upgrade came out? How would your life be different, if an Ipad were to cost 1800 Dollars and you keep yours for 3 years or more?

You cant blame apple though, if they would treat their workers better, the price of the prduct could rise and people will just buy some other tablet, at 1/5th of the price. There should be an embargo against products that have not been manufactured repecting certain standards, fat chance of that happening. There have been sweatshops for clothes and such when the first macs rolled out of Cupertino.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

I think you will find this is spin by Western companies seeking a share of Foxxconn's market.

According to Wikipedia's own statistics, the suicide rate is about average for almost a million workers.

en.wikipedia.org...

Currently, the rate is on par with that of The Bahamas, with a rate of 1.75 deaths per 100,000. So, it looks as though this is more media spin than any real event.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by somerandomuser

I think you will find this is spin by Western companies seeking a share of Foxxconn's market.

According to Wikipedia's own statistics, the suicide rate is about average for almost a million workers.

en.wikipedia.org...

Currently, the rate is on par with that of The Bahamas, with a rate of 1.75 deaths per 100,000. So, it looks as though this is more media spin than any real event.

well before i get into more of the story about the whole foxconn thing, wikipedia is a terrible place to use as a source. it is an openly editable site that anyone at all can edit and put whatever they please on there, which is also a problem on this particular page of wikipedia. right at the very top of the page it states "This article's factual accuracy is disputed", mostly because some random internet users are the ones regurgitating old info or adding in their own spin on things. also, what does a countries suicide rate have to do with the suicide rates in work places?

anyways, for those who don't know the whole story this was an ongoing thing at foxconn, the nets more or less are deterrents to make sure workers don't go on strike again. basically, there was a huge protest of 300 people after foxconn tried to screw them over. they originally went on strike like most people do for better wages because they claimed foxconn was holding back wages from them.

well, foxconn said they would get one months wage compensation for those who quit or they get back to work. so, obviously some wanted to get out of the hell hole did so and then foxconn refused to pay them anything at all and just lied to them straight up just to get them back to work, they could care less what they want.

this is how the safety nets would come about, 100-200(the estimates vary on it) workers then went on the rooftop and threatened to kill themselves if they could not get better wages or working conditions. the mayor had went up and eventually talked them down, i can't remember what exactly what deals they made, shortly after that big fiasco they installed the nets in because "every worker's life to be valuable". by the way some of the factories also make their employees sign contracts that they won't commit suicide.

so, overall, i don't think this is the western media trying to get in on foxconns market, they have been in the news before with suicides of their workers. i think in 2010 they had like 10 or so people jump off and commit suicide because of the working conditions and low pay.

foxconn suicide protest

that is one of the first articles i came upon, but it was a very widely reported event and there are plenty of other articles on how poorly conditions are at foxconn.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by curious7

yea, maybe you are right.

new topics

top topics

join