It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Gun Grabbers Launch Surprise Attack on 2nd Amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
2 in bills in Illinois making it illegal for the possession of even more 'assault weapons' and assorted ammo as well as increasing the severity of the crime were quietly making their way through the state government. If it passes, people involved will have 90 days to turn the weapons in to law enforcement or suffer the consequences. Republicans took Illinois in the last state election by a slaughter. I reckon we're about to find out if they're puppets too.
ilga.gov...
ilga.gov...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Good freaking luck taking Americans guns away......... if they were to even try, the uprizing of Americans fearfull, and pissed would have them thinking twice about trying that bs with the rest of the country!
edit on 27-1-2012 by punisher2012 because: spelling correction

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Now if we are talking about full auto AR's then I can somewhat understand....... some-what.....
But all AR's...... sounds like they are experimenting with the idea of taking what little fire-power we have left to defend ourselves.....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by punisher2012

Good freaking luck taking Americans guns away......... if they were to even try, the uprizing of Americans fearfull, and pissed would have them thinking twice about trying that bs with the rest of the country!
edit on 27-1-2012 by punisher2012 because: spelling correction

wouldn't that cause civil unrest, leading to the implementation of martial law to control the masses......?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Only in Chicago. That city will be a test bed for years come in the progressive agenda. And they will always fail. I say let them to continue to waste their money.

The rest of America ain't buying their particular brand of horse manure.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

I think if "they" thought or think that they could just take civys by force they would have already done it... I believe they are testing the waters with different strategies to see what they can and can not get away with ... along with what is effective. Is like a chess game, thinking more than two or three moves ahead, and saving your best powers while demobilizing and disarming the target.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by punisher2012

The sad part is, what ever the manage to accomplish winds up in the long run, going from nibbling till a big chunk has been nibbled away.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
This is Illinois. Just like California, New York, and New Jersey they continue to come up with new restrictions on gun owners. Their crime rate continues to climb, and then they pass more laws against guns.

The overall trend across the country is an easing of gun laws. A couple of states got concealed carry passed for the first time last year. Many states saw their carry and purchase laws eased. The American trend is towards more gun freedom. You don't need to worry about Illinois unless you live there. You need to worry about the US Department of Justice.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

I worry about the rights of all Americans no matter what state they are in vs me. And why do you say for me to worry about the D.O.J?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by punisher2012

Operation Fast and Furious actually lead to the registration of rifles over .22cal with detachable magazines in four border states. If you buy more than one .223 or larger caliber rifle at a time you have to fill out paper work that goes to the ATF. That applies in Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, and Cali.

Obama signed an executive order giving the DOJ the right to use nearly any means to combat organized crime groups such as Los Zatas. The first thing they did was institute gun registration to "combat straw sales."

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

I called my congressman to voice my issues. I want proof that these guys are not bought and paid for through corporate donations.

top topics

join