It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists burn flag in march on Parliament in response to Tent Embassy protest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by CaptainBeno

I lived in Fitzroy Crossing for a year and yes it opened my eyes.

Had a friend who worked in the hospital there and the stories she told me were often horrific.

And you're right, the do gooders haven't a clue, the majority don't even respect their own culture, its a about getting pissed, fighting other tribes and sleeping.

Kids had to steal money from their parents just to eat!

No different to several areas surrounding Queensland/NT mining leases. Might be best if people were shown what happens "off the tourist trail" so to speak .

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilsApprentice

Yeah totally agree.

If only a news crew went up to these parts and said, look.......

A house with no timber in the roof, because they have burnt it in the front room
or
A house with no timber in the windows because they have burnt it in the front room
or
People having sex in the open in the children’s park, or through chain fence at the local outside gaol (prison)
or
Beating the living sh4t out of their children or partner
or
Generally not washing for a few (lots) years and stinking of their own urine and Sh3t.
or
Just squatting and taking a dump in the middle of a shopping centre/Newspaper shop/burger shop
or
Being so pissed (24/7) that you can't talk.
or
Leaving brand new Landcruiser on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere because it ran out of petrol ....(broken in their terms) It's ok though they only have to make 3 payments and you can forget the rest so why bother?

The list can on and on and on and I think everybody who has spent some time in the North can agree with me.........sad sad sad sad.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The aboriginal people have for the last 30 yrs been getting the same rights as everyone else in Australia. In some cases more rights via legislation. Look at some of there most famous peers. Evonne Goolagong (Tennis No1), The Ella Brothers, you can list hundreds of aboriginal peoples that have made success of them selves in life. Just as in any population you get losers and winners. Take a look at David Unaipon you might know him from the $50 dollar note.

As to living in the communities, I'm a geologist that worked in WA for a few years. At first I always use to say to myself no way is this real, they must be lying the other guys. Eventually I started to open my eyes to the reality of the aboriginal people the levels of sexual abuse that I came across was just mind blowing. Meet a nurse and we starting going out the stories she told me of the daily and weekly rapes and abuse of children as young as 3 yrs old shocked me. I asked was this due to European contact and she said no. Sexual abuse in there communities was there long before Europeans arrived.

At the end of the day you can only blame your problems on someone else till eventually you have to stand up and take responsibility for your own actions..
edit on 27/1/2012 by greenfruit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Bang on.

I can't believe that in today's world Justice is a spear through the leg, and that's after our justice system has had their turn.

On a whole though, if god came down (I'm not religious!!) and spoke to you in a vision and said:
"Beno you have two choices mate!"
"Choice number one.......you can have all the money you want, spend it on beer, lay around and do nothing and I'll pay for your house/repairs/bills/food"

or

"You can work for a living"

I know which one I would choose!!

We should be giving less, not more.
Even if we gave them ownership of the other 90% of land available in Aus, really, what are they going to do with it??? They just want what we have made, and for us to go sling our hook.

edit on 27-1-2012 by CaptainBeno because: spelling!! ha!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I would also just like to say.

What would happen if we (Mixed Australian race persons) burnt their flag????????

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
I would also just like to say.

What would happen if we (Mixed Australian race persons) burnt their flag????????

They would put it out with the wine cask...
edit on 27/1/2012 by greenfruit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
lady in the boat.....eh?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Well that's what happens when you marginalise the whole race for 200 years, keep them living in primitive conditions, and then suddenly expect them to join the 20th century.

"It's all in the past we should just get along now" is also the standard cry of the majority population who don't want to know that their prosperity has a dark history.

Sure Aboriginals have a well deserved reputation as drunken abusers - but pretending it's all down to them choosing not to work isn't a solution that's going to change anything any time soon.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I don't realy know, honest I don't. And to really be honest I'm not sure what they really want.

200 hundred years ago is 200 hundred years ago, sure it's a nasty past, but take a look at nearly every other country on this planet, perhaps we should all have a "we are sorry" day for causing problems to each other over the past 200 years? Mmmm? don't think it will happen.

People have to learn to put things in the past and not dwell on past problems......that is what is wrong with the bloody world anyway. Christ, I wasn't even born pretty much like the rest of this country when this was going on.
Why are these guys harping on about it, what has been taken from them? Nothing! They have everything really, if they wanted it. Give up, live your life, we all live together.

Sadly this argument will never stop..............ever, because we are not all about to leave.

If only we could leave it in there capable hands for a month........just to test the water so to speak.......I think it would be interesting.

edit on 27-1-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Dont pay any attention to what ballisticmousse has to say
as he's already said it in his own thread HERE and is obviously just baiting to cause #.

Maybe you should read the replies in your own thread.
Not many Aussies really give a toss about Canada anyway

I just took back your only flag for that thread and if I could I'd take back your
only star for it too.

edit on 27-1-2012 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

Cheers mate, just looked. Jeepers!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

His thread was ok, he asked a fair enough question I thought.
But people replied and tried to educate him on the real situation
but he seemed to ignore that. When he came onto this thread and
repeated his rubbish it then pissed me off

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
I don't realy know, honest I don't. And to really be honest I'm not sure what they really want.

If only we could leave it in there capable hands for a month........just to test the water so to speak.......I think it would be interesting.

I only selected 2 portions of your post in the quote ..

It would appear that, in some instances ,that Traditional land holders do not know themselves .. as a WA resident ( ? ) I'm sure you'll be familiar with lasts years Broome protests re: the Woodside Development proposals where there was significant dissent within the Kimberley Land Council itself and other local area residents, over the way forward in the Kimberleys for both Traditional and Anglo residents.

I have real doubts that leaving decisions in the hands of a few for any length of time would improve the situation at all.

Do also agree with your observations of behaviour in the post above.
edit on 27-1-2012 by DevilsApprentice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Yep, familiar with both.

Sad really, I wish them all the best, I have no hate for them, I just wish we could both co-exist happily but it will never happen in the way we hope. Homes west houses in so called integration programs in nice areas just causes a problem??

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Just out of interest,

Indigenous leader Mick Gooda has condemned the aggressive behaviour of aboriginal protesters towards Prime Minister Julia Gillard and Opposition Leader Tony Abbott at an Australia Day function at a Canberra restaurant.

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Social Justice Commissioner Mick Gooda says he is appalled at the disrespect and aggression shown towards the two leaders, saying such behaviour has no place in the affairs of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

www.skynews.com.au

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

At what point do you stop being "indigenous" and being "part of society"?

I mean.. when you're three generations removed from the last ancestor of yours that was truly "indigenous" then I'm sorry ... you're just an Australian.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
And this is where I start getting angry. I'm from the U.S. and the treatment of Native Americans is well documented and widely known.

But I'm 26 years old and most of the crap happened over a hundred years ago. Wtf am I supposed to do about it, and why should I have to do anything about it?

These were the crimes of long ago, far away and ancestors that have been in the ground for 50 years or more. I'm sure that folks in other parts of the world feel the same.

Just because my ancestors did this and my ancestors did that, I'm somehow the devil incarnate. I can't help that my ancestors were douchebags, I can't help that my country has been horrible in the past.

And while I'm being angry about it, I'll go one step further and say that 95% of my ancestors were poor white trash mountain men that were the ones trading and marrying Native Americans, not trying to push them off into reservations somewhere. But nooo, I'm the devil and guilty because of my skin color.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yeah your so right! Thank god someone has said it.

1/18th does not maketh a aboriginal does it? I thought that was Australian just like the rest of us??

Traditional land owners..........meh!

I have Irish / French / god knows what? but that does not make me Irish or French does it. Perhaps I should set up camp in Ireland and tell them how it's done.....that would be interesting, perhaps burn a few flags?

Just out of interest, and this is for our Australian readers, How about we set up camp in Kalumbaru WA, riot a bit, shout a lot and burn a few aboriginal flags shouting racist? I think massive restraint has been shown to the tent embassy few. I think you know what would happen if we tried the same?

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
And now they've had their go in Canberra, they come over to WA and do the same thing to colin barnett.

And the loud mouthed ferrel Marianne Mackay claims this is her grandfathers land, and that she's going to set up a tent embassy here.

Ok, she's a violent foul mouthed 'proud noonga' that openly hates all white people despite her mother being Scottish, making her half white. Yet she chooses to conveniently forget that, and consider 'her mob' the only people worth having a voice.

They call out "you filthy white dog" to all and sundry at their protests, yet claim they are the ones being discriminated against.... this was all about a government proposal to give the Nyoognar people 1 BILLION dollars to help them and their future, along with all the other government schemes put in place over the years to help the impoverished Aborigine - despite many Australians finding themselves under the poverty line.

One member of the council who was abused was a Nyoongar herself, and as she entered the place they were protesting, was told "You should paint yourself white.".

These foul mouthed violent miscreants do not want anything but to cause trouble.

I'd ask them, if it were not for the fact that the British came here, all of these half cast folk would not even be alive today, let alone one screaming hadjuk Nyoongar Yoorga with a White Scottish mother.

She ha the gall to lay blame on use White Dogs for everything bad in her life, yet she jet sets around the country to attend protests weekly. She is quite happy to use the internet, webcams, all the benefits that Australian society gives her and her people - as well as every single Australia person - yet wants nothing to do with us.

Small minded loud mouthed ignorant little woman... I feel terribly sad for her 4 kids. They will only ever know hate and racist attitudes thanks to Marianne.

edit on 9-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join