It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The other night a storm came through and electric went off

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Our entire area was out, black as a cave. No matter where you looked, there was no light, save the rare car which would go by.

It WAS just a storm (that huge one that stretched across a few States. I'm Southern Illinois) which knocked it out but as the threat of SOPA and ACTA was going on, it got me and my son talking.

I mentioned, "What if this just happened all over the USA? I mean, the way the gov't is going, I'd not be surprised if they had instant comms set up to all States with, one phonecall of flip of a switch, each State could kill all power period." We thought about it and then I threw in, "What if from space, the astronaunts (or whoever), looked down on the USA and in one second, the entire country went black?"

It's both farfetched yet not farfetched. If the Gov't wanted to kill our internet and power, that could be a feasible way of doing so. The only way word would spread would be via mobile phones - before those batteries died.

Do you guys and gals think this could be a means for them TO sever our ties to the net? Cause a Country wide 'black out', destroy the entire net infrastructure and we'd not be the wiser til a few days after power returned but no net?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Actually, phones would be down as well. They go down for small events like earthquakes and local disasters. I wouldn't count on them working.

Theres still a reliable way to communicate, amateur and citizens band radios are still effective unless jammed somehow. Ham radio is often a backbone to emergency backup communication. It'd be expected to be here even after an Internet and power blackout.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I honestly think every (blank) is a false flag...From minor to major....If you think about it and it don't go your way,Then of course(blank)will never hack that station.....The mind is the greatest tool.

new topics

join