It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Theory Explains the Origin, Evolution, and Nature of Life, Challenges Conventional Wisdom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Radical Theory Explains the Origin, Evolution, and Nature of Life, Challenges Conventional Wisdom
www.sciencedaily.com...

ScienceDaily (Jan. 26, 2012) — Earth is alive, asserts a revolutionary scientific theory of life emerging from Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. The trans-disciplinary theory demonstrates that purportedly inanimate, non-living objects -- for example, planets, water, proteins, and DNA -- are animate, that is, alive. With its broad explanatory power, applicable to all areas of science and medicine, this novel paradigm aims to catalyze a veritable renaissance.

Erik Andrulis, PhD, assistant professor of molecular biology and microbiology, advanced his controversial framework in his manuscript "Theory of the Origin, Evolution, and Nature of Life," published in the peer-reviewed journal, Life. His theory explains not only the evolutionary emergence of life on earth and in the universe but also the structure and function of existing cells and biospheres.

In addition to resolving long-standing paradoxes and puzzles in chemistry and biology, Dr. Andrulis' theory unifies quantum and celestial mechanics. His unorthodox solution to this quintessential problem in physics differs from mainstream approaches, like string theory, as it is simple, non-mathematical, and experimentally and experientially verifiable. As such, the new portrait of quantum gravity is radical.

The basic idea of Dr. Andrulis' framework is that all physical reality can be modeled by a single geometric entity with life-like characteristics: the gyre. The so-called "gyromodel" depicts objects -- particles, atoms, chemicals, molecules, and cells -- as quantized packets of energy and matter that cycle between excited and ground states around a singularity, the gyromodel's center. A singularity is itself modeled as a gyre, wholly compatible with the thermodynamic and fractal nature of life. An example of this nested, self-similar organization is the Russian Matryoshka doll.

By fitting the gyromodel to facts accumulated over scientific history, Dr. Andrulis confirms the proposed existence of eight laws of nature. One of these, the natural law of unity, decrees that the living cell and any part of the visible universe are irreducible. This law formally establishes that there is one physical reality.

Another natural law dictates that the atomic and cosmic realms abide by identical organizational constraints. Simply put, atoms in the human body and solar systems in the universe move and behave in the exact same manner.

"Modern science lacks a unifying, interdisciplinary theory of life. In other words, current theories are unable to explain why life is the way it is and not any other way," Dr. Andrulis says. "This general paradigm furnishes a fresh perspective on the character and meaning of life, offers solutions to protracted problems, and strives to end divisive debates."

One debate swirls around the scientific merit of James Lovelock's popular Gaia hypothesis. By showing that Earth is theoretically synonymous with life, Dr. Andrulis' paradigm substantiates the Gaian premise that all organisms and their surroundings on earth are closely integrated to form a single self-regulating complex system.

Another legendary quarrel is that between biblical creationists and neo-Darwinian evolutionists. In demonstrating that the origin and evolution of life is a consequence of natural laws and physical forces, this theory synthesizes arguments and dispels assumptions from both sides of the creation-evolution debate.

To test his paradigm, Dr. Andrulis designed bidirectional flow diagrams that both depict and predict the dynamics of energy and matter. While such diagrams may be foreign to some scientists, they are standard reaction notation to chemists, biochemists, and biologists.

Dr. Andrulis has used his theory to successfully predict and identify a hidden signature of RNA biogenesis in his laboratory at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. He is now applying the gyromodel to unify and explain the evolution and development of human beings.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There's the complete article, comment to follow

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The reason I decided to post the entire article first, is because I was at a loss for words, just thinking about all the people that have provided the math and theory that was obviously used in the creation of this new theory. Knowing that the whole time that they were on to something, yet no body wanted to pay attention(mainstream that is).

"The so-called "gyromodel" depicts objects -- particles, atoms, chemicals, molecules, and cells -- as quantized packets of energy and matter that cycle between excited and ground states around a singularity, the gyromodel's center. A singularity is itself modeled as a gyre, wholly compatible with the thermodynamic and fractal nature of life."

This is the very model in which Nassim Haramein proposed in his lecture, 'Crossing The Event Horizon'. Also, the documentary 'Thrive' as well touched base on this very same understanding of the underlying principals that govern the universe.

Nassim Haramein
theresonanceproject.org...
The Resonance Project

Those who are familiar with sacred geometry and the theories behind the metaphysics of the universe all know that this has never been a secret. In fact, has always been the foundation behind much of the symbolism used today and through out history(such as carvings found all around the world, using geometric carvings and statues that symbolize this very thing).

The very notion that this implies only goes to reiterate much of the ancient texts that have been apart of the evolving religions that are present today. As well has contributed to much of the philosophies and doctrines that have emerged.

The very idea of merging the material plane and the fractal geometry(non-linear) it entails, with the idea of life, which then gives way to consciousness is an exciting new(to mainstream science) area of physics and research. I can't wait to see what comes of this, and what can be achieved with this knowledge once the theory becomes law.

If anybody can show me means of obtaining a copy of:
Erik Andrulis, PhD, "Theory of the Origin, Evolution, and Nature of Life,"
I would surely appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
cant wait for creationists come up with some bullcrap so explain how it was gods doing lol

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What does the "gyre" look like.?
Is it a computer algorithm.?
I read a very interesting article about a NASA scientist and his research with plasma and it's lifelike responses when electrons were excited in it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetriswoooo
cant wait for creationists come up with some bullcrap so explain how it was gods doing lol

yeah, yeah, yeah.... that's just the thing though!

Hmm... how to put this?

It is my belief that many of those who created the basis for the religions in which creationists pay homage to, wrote what they did believing that this very theory was the correct one. It would be a lengthy case to make, but many have already, that this is undoubtedly the truth(my truth).

Due to the replication that is a construct of fractals, we are essentially a direct representation of the Universe in a conscious being. The very construct that is the Universe, is man. There for, we are made in 'his' or 'their' image, dependent on who's take on it you want to read into.

I had started a thread, actually, my first thread on ATS... in which dove into the texts and the idea that they may be accurate, while containing no reference to a 'Big Bang' scenario.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Big Bang not in Creation Stories
If you are to read through my take on the subject, you may find it very enlightening to how much of this is possible(as far as the creation of the texts go)

It is my belief and understanding that a 'Pantheistic' approach to the texts will be more enlightening than you could have ever imagined. The accuracy in which(mainstream theories imply) the texts represent the creation of our universe and man all seemingly have a similar underlying premise behind them. One being, water... or waters, and knowing that the universe most likely started with a hydrogen plasma with helium nuclei floating around.... well one can replace water with hydrogen(being the main component of water((not by mass, but by ratio in atomic structure)))
I would also hint that much of Revelations is astronomy based, and also gives a quite clear description of the very geometric premise in which the universe is a construct of.

It's only because of the roles of governance, dictation, and control that man likes to place over one another, that has lead to the mistranslations of these texts. Also, as far as Christianity goes, I would toss out a couple books from the Canon in which were obviously created out of spite and malice. There is a numerology application as well that can be used to clearly identify which of these texts should be removed... but that's a different beast to tackle in itself.

Yet, there is one thing to tackle, and it's the most important part of all of this in my opinion.

If fractals are self-replicating, and this can be used to explain the very construct of life and nature as we know it. Is it not possible that the Universe actually does create these 'Divine' beings? Which if you adhere to this theory, is actually PLAUSIBLE.

So the next time, someone says... 'God created me, God created earth', dependent on your interpretation/definition of God is, it can be an accurate statement, even in a scientific world(implying God = Universe) Remember, the very same elements that make up the majority of the universe, are the very same elements, that are the majority of our atomic make up. Also, the ratios become increasingly closer when talking about the atomic structure of Earth itself.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
So who made the earth come alive?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
So who made the earth come alive?

It's funny, because I have a feeling that this question was made out of sarcasm in a way, yet is all but answered using the theory that has been presented above. Which I don't know the entirety of, but based on what I have been able to find, it essentially is a rip off of what Nassim Haramein had to say about the topic.

Re-read the part where it states,
"The so-called "gyromodel" depicts objects -- particles, atoms, chemicals, molecules, and cells -- as quantized packets of energy and matter that cycle between excited and ground states around a singularity, the gyromodel's center. A singularity is itself modeled as a gyre, wholly compatible with the thermodynamic and fractal nature of life."

Well, earth has it's own Dynamo system
en.wikipedia.org...

"In geophysics, dynamo theory proposes a mechanism by which a celestial body such as the Earth or a star generates a magnetic field. The theory describes the process through which a rotating, convecting, and electrically conducting fluid can maintain a magnetic field over astronomical time scales"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's some more about Earth's dynamo, and magnetism,
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

"The Earth's magnetic field is similar to that of a bar magnet tilted 11 degrees from the spin axis of the Earth. The problem with that picture is that the Curie temperature of iron is about 770 C . The Earth's core is hotter than that and therefore not magnetic. So how did the Earth get its magnetic field?
Magnetic fields surround electric currents, so we surmise that circulating electic currents in the Earth's molten metalic core are the origin of the magnetic field. A current loop gives a field similar to that of the earth. The magnetic field magnitude measured at the surface of the Earth is about half a Gauss and dips toward the Earth in the northern hemisphere. The magnitude varies over the surface of the Earth in the range 0.3 to 0.6 Gauss.

The Earth's magnetic field is attributed to a dynamo effect of circulating electric current, but it is not constant in direction. Rock specimens of different age in similar locations have different directions of permanent magnetization. Evidence for 171 magnetic field reversals during the past 71 million years has been reported."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a weak explanation of electricity and magnetism:
hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

"Magnetic fields are produced by electric currents, which can be macroscopic currents in wires, or microscopic currents associated with electrons in atomic orbits. The magnetic field B is defined in terms of force on moving charge in the Lorentz force law. The interaction of magnetic field with charge leads to many practical applications. Magnetic field sources are essentially dipolar in nature, having a north and south magnetic pole."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a weak synopsis of electricity and life:
www.thunderbolts.info...

"For decades biologists believed the cell was essentially a “bag of solution.” With better preparation techniques and the electron microscope biologists were able to see a huge network of filaments tubes, fibers and trabeculae inside the cell. This network of connective tissue extends through out every nook and cranny of the body. Jim Oschman, PhD calls this the Living Matrix.
In the last decade, Gerald Pollack, PhD has discovered that 99% of our body is surrounded by structured water molecules. This liquid crystalline structure acts as a charge carrier.
The Living Matrix together with water molecules is an energy and information network transforming and transmitting electromagnetic energy in the structuring and regulation of 70 trillion vibrating cells."
This new vision of how the body operates profoundly alters how we understand the formation of disease and how we can heal."

There are multiple other sources, especially those in the field of biochemistry that better reiterate the point, but those can be found by a simple google search.... that was just a bland way of putting it.

Now, combine that with existing hydrocarbons that were around during the middle of earths life ( en.wikipedia.org... ).... you now have Electricity, Hydrogen and Carbon, as well as self replicating fractal implications as to the design of nature and the universe alike, it would seem likely that life had all of the necessary ingredients... well those things and spacial relationships between bodies with in our planetary system..

edit on 27-1-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: insert quotations

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Also,
John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God."

Again either proves or reiterates that knowledge of this has been known for a while and went into the creation of the ancient texts in which are today's religions. As it shows the interconnectedness(love that word, lol) of it all.

It's like saying, in the beginning, there was geometric structure, and the geometric structure was with/apart of the universe... which then brings us right back into the texts, because Revelations give a pretty clear description of a crystalline/geometric structure of what all is to be, and the lamb(life/consciousness outside of 1/no division) comes back... Implying to me that it is a cycle of sorts, or like a heartbeat rather...

so therefor it has happened before, and it will happen again

although much of this is a stretch, I'd imagine that it's close to the truth...

Again, know that I still hold the belief that it is entirely possible that the Universe itself is capable of creating(for lack of a better word) a physical or material being such as God.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
How is his theory different from my own posted last year:

The Origin of Life and Structure of the Universe
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You can find the pdf of the paper online...

Some notable quotes from the paper:

" I conclude that my theory is a comprehensive
and scientifically accurate alternative to natural selection."

"...cellular life is not chance,
but necessity—by virtue of theoretically validated natural laws and of theoretically unified phenomena
that have occurred in the evolutionary history of the universe and are occurring now, at every Cartesian
coordinate throughout the universe."

" The gyre models the living universe perfectly."

"This theory proves that the
gyre is the long-sought invisible and inevitable metaphysical element of the universe, fulfilling a
philosophical goal that dates to ancient Greece [795]."

"The Darwinian theory of evolution by natural selection does not address
how novelty emerges in the universe ..." --> note this is a very common creationist critique.

I'd like to have the patience to read the entire paper, but instead the intro + a few pages + conclusion will have to do... anytime a theory comes along and proposes a geometry based solution to a "theory of everything" I get excited. The author makes way too many grandiose claims for me to actually believe him... it passed peer review, so I dont know what to make of it... the question is will other scientists attempt to grasp the paper and disprove it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
What the **** did I just read....? Sciencedaily??

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The paper has been retracted.

io9.com... ied-theory-of-life-but-no-one-understands-it

Still find it quite interesting though. I get the feeling the author was just saying that the interactions of the various gyres, between different gyre cycles, are the explanation for phenomena that falls in between the cracks as it were, with regards to different scientific disciplines. He seems to also believe in some kind of macro-quanta, and his use of the term singularity is not confined to meaning a black hole kind of thing. Either that or black holes are at the center of of every point in space, effectively becoming something like god. In a lot of ways it s the DNA ization of the universe. Its the universe as molecular biology.

posted on Feb, 17 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

And energy comes from where...?

Oh, and don't insult us with that misunderstanding of Newton's 1st Law of Thermodynamics either. Energy is not and has never been an infinite physical presence. That "cannot be created, or destroyed" claim comes with a caveat that too many people neglect - it pertains to energy associated with a closed mechanical system, and only to that.

Again, some genius pops off with a slice of inspiration that begins three quarters of the way down the progressive development chain and pretends that the prior length of physical development isn't important to determine. I suppose he'll be waiting by the phone for Stockholm's call next year, and yet he's no closer to understanding the fundamentals of physical existence than anyone else who's bumping around in some tiny bit of specialized study. What an idiot.

posted on Feb, 18 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Okay, so I went over the introduction and the non-technical descriptions in this guy's paper and from what I'm seeing here, he's noticed the scalable nature of the matrixed event trajectory, and yet has no real idea what it is that he's actually noticed. He sees the redundancy that sits at the base of physical development, and that's a good thing, but he's still married to a traditional narrative concerning material existence, and this is where he loses the mainstream science community, because he hasn't grasped the sub-structural nature of physical existence yet. So what ends up happening is that his attempts to illustrate his own interpretation of what he has discovered come across as convoluted and yet almost cohesive, leaving traditional thinkers scratching their heads over why he doesn't make enough sense to completely embrace, yet he's not off track enough to completely dismiss either.

I should call this guy. He's almost validating what I've been pushing out into the thought community for the last 3 years. Damn, if I had a pile of letters tacked onto my last name I'd be all set, but no one pays any attention to you if you've never warmed a chair in their classroom.
edit on 2/18/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I believe that the problem of how life came to be is only a problem because our (usually) materialist perspective. Even if we do not consider ourselves materialists, the ideology is so dominant that we nevertheless characterise phenomena within its framework.

If instead we adopt an information or computation based model of reality it is clear that the orgins of life can be understood as a natural tendency towards what Teilhard de Chardin would have called complexity, and Terence Mckenna would have called novelty. Life is therefore just a more computationally capable program, built on the simpler computations that we call classical physics, that operates on matter. A 'hack' if you like, but one that neither requires nor precludes a 'designer'.
edit on 16-3-2012 by AlienAnthropologist because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2012 by AlienAnthropologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The article link is dead. Even if that were true I don't see how it goes against natural selection. Mathematical theories are all over the place, but they quite often lack objective evidence.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

TextThe basic idea of Dr. Andrulis' framework is that all physical reality can be modeled by a single geometric entity with life-like characteristics

Sounds like the smart guy is trying to explain God in scientific terms.

new topics

top topics

join