It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt's Space Progamme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Over 40% of the US is on Food Stamps, below the poverty line and desperate.
Homeless people fill the streets.
The US is utterly bankrupt,
Almost everything is made in China who virtually owns the country.

..And Newt's answe to it? Let's blow the very last of the cash adnbuild a rocket ship to the Moon.

This man must be on some pretty powerful recreational pharmaceuticals!!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I could use some of those pharmaceuticals

At this point I'm not sure if I even want to care about this world, it seems pretty hopeless to me.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Re-igniting the space program will ultimately help the US as a nation and will also spring forth new technology from black projects... Many people dont realize that all of our great scientific break through would always "come" from the space program.

Spending the last of what the US has LOL the government will just print more money. Regardless of who is president. The space program will actually bring more jobs and put more people to work. Obama single handedly is killing this country! He ended our space program, he killed projects like the f22 raptor which brought over 1000 jobs in Georgia alone...

So I for one welcome any attempt at a space program. Black project technology will be able to be trickled down to the consumer and new jobs will open up for many Americans.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ballisticmousse

I'd rather take away all those Foodstamps and put the money into the Space program.

The space program will further the human race. Im sorry but I am SICK AND TIRED of these people getting free food and groceries, yet they have Rolex watches and always have the Newest Nikes. they get hundreds of dollars in shrimp and steak for free, then buy cases and cases of beer.

Just go take a # job. Work for minimum wage and get off the Stamps you bums.

Foodstamps needs to be limited like WIC. You get Milk, Eggs, Wheat bread, Cereal, and juice. Thats what you get for being a bum.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Newt is just trying to bamboozle the NASA workers in Florida. If he were serious about reviving America's space program, he would have mentioned it in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
We're so broke they're talking about raising the debt ceiling and he's talking about a base on the moon? I could care less about a base on the moon, which he's probably lying about anyway, that is years from actual realization. We need to focus on the here and now and what we can do here and now. There can be no future without a present.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ballisticmousse

The space industry as a science creates a lot of new technology that has helped the US Economy be competitive. With invention comes creation which turns to production and industry.

If we privatize the space industry with strict limitations on foreign involvement our economy would see a huge explosion in high tech jobs.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by APOCOLYPSE DAWN

He didn't kill the space program or the F-22 Raptor program. In fact Obama appropriated more funding for NASA to continue their deep space probe work and to built a new launch vehicle (The Orion Program) to replace the shuttle.

Congress killed the F-22 Program because it was ridiculously expensive and the current 126 operation F-22s are much more than enough to obtain total global air superiority.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's called pandering to the masses, of course he said this right before the Florida primary which is (or was) heavily invested in the space program. What Newt left unsaid is the massive tax hike he'd have to pass to pay for the thing.

No one is against space exploration, but America squandered it's opportunity when it decided to launch trillion-dollar wars in the Mideast based on the flimsy lies of Dick Cheney and GW, and now here we are piggy-backing rides into space from the Russians. We've resigned space exploration for the next generation to other nations that were a little more conservative and less reckless in their foreign policies, like the Chinese.

But then maybe he could build a 0.6 mile long zeppelin with a lifting capacity of 7,000 tons to get there? (sorry, couldn't resist OP)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

In fact Obama appropriated more funding for NASA to continue their deep space probe work and to built a new launch vehicle (The Orion Program) to replace the shuttle.

Please.. you call that a replacement? NASA created the Shuttle to replace the rocket .. and we decided to replace the Shuttle with a rocket?

For billions of dollars no less? We could have used the same semantics as the old Apollo program and saved billions. Blatant stupidity.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

No, we couldn't, The Apollo capsules weren't designed to transport cargo or to even dock with anything. The Orion Program is designed to ferry large amounts of cargo and people quickly between the ISS and Earth, and is reusable. Unlike the One-Flight-Only Apollo capsules.

Also, wasting billions!? NASA has a measly budget of only $18 billion a year. If we actually fully and properly funded them we would have gone to Mars in the '80s like what was planned.
edit on 1/27/2012 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join