It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali,Hadron materia, creating artificial body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hi,

first of all:
* Mods, feel free to put it in a right forum (skunk works,religion, philosophy,I'm not really sure)
* to all: don't take this thread as some advertisement of following teachings. I don't really buy nor sell them. It's rather a sleeping pill
So,
I was hunging around the subject of hidden intentions of today's scientists who are trying to find "god particle".
I found nice... let's call it summary. I imagine many of you enjoy this way of thinking (as do many scientists obviously)

Here we go: THE ALL-ONENESS HADRON MATERIA

Personally I call it higher level of new-age mumbo-jumbo but let's say every statement contains a kernel of truth. And because it's this forum I'll try to keep religion question (personal God question) and philosophy aside as possible for a while.

Is human spirit able to reach the level of using energy beyond everyday's moving physical matter - body?
Looking around we can see very sophisticated creation and it's not our spirit who is doing it.
Yep - God... but what about our spirit? It seems that man can't change even a colour of one of his own hairs...
If somebody has something what can be called supernatural powers it is usually considered as "a gift" - a gift of the Holy Spirit or more often of deamonic spirits. It seems that we are just pinky skin bags...

What has PATANJALI in common with this?
Well, he and other yogis were teaching ways to the acquisition of supernatural powers - SIDDHI

In The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali we can read:
3.22 By performing self-control on friendliness, the strength to grant joy arises.
3.23 By self-control over any kind of strength, such as that of the elephant, that very strength arises.
3.24 By self-control on the primal activator comes knowledge of the hidden, the subtle, and the distant.
3.25 By self-control on the Sun comes knowledge of spatial specificities.
3.26 By self-control on the Moon comes knowledge of the heavens.
3.27 By self-control on the Polestar arises knowledge of orbits.
3.28 By self-control on the navel arises knowledge of the constitution of the body.
3.29 By self-control on the pit of the throat one subdues hunger and thirst.
3.30 By self-control on the tube within the chest one acquires absolute steadiness.
3.31 By self-control on the light in the head one envisions perfected beings.
3.32 There is knowledge of everything from intuition.
3.33 Self-control on the heart brings knowledge of the mental entity.

You can read the whole text HERE to have some context.
And what about manufactured artificial body?
There's something called "samyama (self control,concentration) on the mahatattva"

This creation of artificial vehicles, called nirmana cittas, is done by the yogin by samyama on the mahatattva. The mahatattva is the reservoir of all cittas, or minds. All individual minds are emanations of the mahatattva, or the Cosmic Mind. By drawing sustenance from the Cosmic Mind, one can act in a superhuman manner. That superhuman method which is adopted by the yogin in such a state is the peculiar samyama he practises, by which he can split himself into various personalities and undergo all the karmas simultaneously, so that there is an exhaustion of them by a quick experience. This nirmana citta is a term which signifies many aspects of this method adopted by the yogin. There are references in our scriptures which make out that yogins can appear simultaneously in different places, not necessarily for the exhaustion of the karmas, but for other purposes. Here, this particular sutra seems to be pinpointing the aspect of exhaustion of karma, for the sake of which there is the manufacture of what is known as the nirmana citta. The body that is manufactured out of this nirmana citta, or mind, is called nirmana kaya. This has a different meaning altogether in Buddhist psychology, and we should not mix up one with the other. Simply, literally, it means ‘the manufactured body’; that is nirmana kaya. And the manufactured mind is called nirmana citta. The sutra here explains the ways by which karmas by yogins can be exhausted. But, as I mentioned in passing, these nirmana cittas can be created by yogins for other purposes also, not merely the exhaustion of karmas.

Here is a source of this qoute if you wish: SOURCE

I can imagine what would a psychiatrist say on nirmana cittas...
but second physical body is another cup of tea. It would show split personality in a new light.

So what do you think about it? Theoretical, philosophycal consequences. If you had some siddhi would it change your way of life or you think you are prepared? What siddhi would you like to earn? (or do you have some?) Let's say it's real. Most people won't have any "siddhi" in their lifetime even if they spent it whole in a cave trying. Propably there's a good reason for that. Maybe we are just not ready yet and some people will never be. Man (ego) thinking: I'm sorta god...that couldn't be very beneficial...
Btw I can imagine motives of common man to multiply - a perfect robbery or sex

Let's forget this stuff, the main question is: Could it be the way we actually earn a knowledge of something? Is it the way our minds work? Becoming an astronomer by "loooking" (samyama) on the Moon while "comes knowledge of the heavenly bodies"?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
the only separation from god is the delusion of self

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Well, than it's God's idea to make us in this way. How could it be bad thing?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Well, than it's God's idea to make us in this way. How could it be bad thing?

There is no good and bad. only opposing beliefs. but the self is source of suffering, when it dies god resurrects within.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

Quite simply your answer can be found in the avatars of online gaming these days. Are these not ways that we can do these sorts of things? Consider. For the Creation of mind creatures. Research Tulpas

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

You had me at the sutras. It's best to get many translations of the sutras, especially those that "conscious" teachers say is their favorite translation.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

Tul-pa... thanks for reminder.

The Russian Psychiatrist Olga Kharitidi published her direct experience of this phenomenon in the Altay Mountains, where a shaman merged a stream of his consciousness continuum or 'spirit' with hers.[4] This phenomenon is a variation of the spiritual discipline of phowa (Tibetan: 'pho ba) and is often rendered as "spirit possession" within English anthropological discourse

interresting... spirit possession. Question is if it's his own spirit.

What siddhi would I like? I'd start with HEALING and LEVITATION...
but...I would need a complete knowledge of disease, it's causality etc. to heal what is ment to be healed and what is good to be healed. It's not so simple as well.
and after a first flight I can imagine my mind would went pretty mad. I would start questioning gravity, matter, my position in universe, universal laws... endless questions and propably more harm than good
edit on 27/1/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by PapagiorgioCZ

What siddhi would I like? I'd start with HEALING and LEVITATION...
but...I would need a complete knowledge of disease, it's causality etc. to heal what is ment to be healed and what is good to be healed. It's not so simple as well.

I would recommend a different thought approach to the concept of healing.

If the "power" to heal is recognized not as something of the healer, but instead is an energy that flows through the healer, I believe you will be closer to the mark. In fact, perhaps this overall approach to the concept of the siddhi is a worthy contemplation.

edit on 1/27/2012 by Open2Truth because: reply tag

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

I had a quick look for tul-pa and found an interresting story: www.reddit.com... ing_a_tulpa/

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

If anyone would like to examine a century-old description of subatomic particles using one of the eight yogic siddhis listed by Patanjali (called "anima" in Sanskrit), go to:
smphillips.8m.com...
and
smphillips.8m.com...
Over 30 years of research by a British theoretical physicist has established beyond any reasonable doubt that this yogic siddhi enabled two people trained to use it to describe quarks and superstrings many decades before these particles were conceived, as well as to quantify their numbers in atomic nuclei in a way that matches to a statistically significant level information about the mass numbers of these nuclei that were established many decades after the observations were published.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

It's too long
Actually I've stop reading when I saw words like theosophists and Blavatsky.

I don't want to absorb thoughts from that kind of people. These luciferians seeking wrong spirits
you know what will they get.
They don't want to understand that they (we) are kinda "tulpas" of God. And in the time of harvest...you know what will He do with weeds growing among the wheat...
edit on 28/1/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
When the bindu is awakened and the mana flows, then you become Shiva... creator of new realities and destroyer of old.

The Siddhi must be experience to be used.

That is why they are can not be taught.

Only awareness that comes from experience can explain.

Words are meaningless once a point is reached.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

I don't think that creating Tul-pa and that Patanjali stuff are the same thing.
Tulpa once created (actually from the start) become something separated from you while in the second case you are (in) that second body.

top topics

join