It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt Gingrich plans to have a permanent base on the moon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Gingrich plan is that by the end of his second term as president (talk about positive thinking), there would be a permanent US base on the moon. That would be year 2021. He is planning to do it without even increasing the NASA budget.

Gingrich proposed doing this without boosting NASA’s budget. Instead, he’d transform the agency’s culture, rely heavily on private industry and leverage American ingenuity. He said he’d use 10 percent of the NASA budget — which would amount to nearly $2 billion a year — to create prizes, incentives for entrepreneurs to achieve space flight milestones.

Is it really needed to have a permanent base on the moon? What will the military guard in there? I do hope that they will not put weapons on the moon. If the purpose of the lunar base is to have tourists experience the moon first hand, then I am all for that. Just don't make it an exclusive domain of the military which I suspect is what will happen if ever this comes to fruition.

Source

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

silly wabbit, use the search function that ATS makes available...

Newt wants a base on a moon? That's so 12 hours ago, lol.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Duh!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
My question to Newt is still "How in the hell are we going to get to the moon with no space program?!?"

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

I'm sure the Egyptians wanted the same thing. There's one little problem...........MONEY

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I am sorry....I can't resist.

Newt Gingrich wants a place to run away to...for obvious reasons....

The moon will be a good place for him!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
this would actually probably create a lot of jobs and make lots of money. good post op. not a gringrich fan, but facing the fact that he may be president, this is a thing to look forward to.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

He might want to check this out first.

Buy An Acre Of Land On The Moon! Full Mineral Rights(including Helium-3). $18.95 Special!, page 1

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

this thread is better. its not full of people trolling and gringrich bashing. i dont have any opinon of the man. i just want to know about the article and read what he had to say about it. not go through a crappy op and then continuous posts of people trolling.

someone in there legitimately said "we cant even get to the moon with our technology!"

i guess the space probes and various other things we have floating around didnt make it past earth either.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
On the subject of a moon base, I came across this info while
researching another thread. It would seem that NASA is thinking about
the use of lava tubes to use as shelter on a lunar base in the future.
They could even block off both ends of the tube to create an air tight chamber
as a cheap bio-dome.

lunarscience.nasa.gov

A lunar skylight, an opening to a lava tube.

Interior of a lava tube

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
What he is proposing is totally possible. As far as money goes consider this what we spend on one month occupying Afghanistan is more than we spent on NASA in the last 50 years combined.

I watch a lot of the science channel and there are so many good reasons to have a base on the moon. From what I have read the moon is also very rich in precious metals and the resources are already there to build a solar array station with the right tools.

The very idea of having an active space program would have its own benefits and focusing our nation on the future. It would be an inspiration to every child and a giant leap forward for our country.

new topics

top topics

join