It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denver Airport Allows Camera Crew in Underground Facility

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Also FOUR levels like that? How many levels did they show in that video? They said its a big as a city? why do they need FOUR levels for baggage?
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You need room like that so you can hang the conveyors that move the baggage down from the check-in areas. The conveyors systems are pretty big, and have a series of engines that move each piece of belt for each path. The more individual paths you have (ie, a path for each airline from each counter/curbside check-in) the more layers of conveyor belts you have to stack over each other. Depending on the layout of the check-in areas in relation to each airlines bagwell area, you can end up with quite a maze of conveyors stacked all over the place. On top of that, there has to be a way for people to get up into that maze to clear jams and service equipment. So if you have a very spread out airport that handles high volumes, I can easily see 3 levels just being used for conveyor track with only the bottom most level actually used for tug access and the bagwell itself.

My old airport, which was laid out in a pretty condensed manner, used at least at 2.5 floors for our conveyor system. Much of that area had to be accessed by crawling through dark, dirty, vermin infested areas, so I can see why he would not take her “everywhere”. Could you see him making that reporter, and her camera crew, crawl through a spider infested, dark, filthy, tunnel on her hands and knees?
that would make for some good TV I bet.

He also probably doesn't have access to every location in the underground system. You have rooms down there that service all the airports utility systems. Plumbing, sewage, electric, air conditioning, elevator/escalator equipment access, etc. Those areas are going to be off limits to anyone outside the county aviation authority building maintenance people, and he would not have the proper keys, access codes, or security access for those areas.

He also made a comment about the automated sorting system, and that it was installed but never worked. I don't find that too surprising myself. Lots of buildings include these “neat” features in them that end up being a bigger PITA then they are worth, and end up never being used. Our airport had an auto-flagger system in it that was such a pain in the butt to service and use, that it was easier and safer to just to pick up a set of wands and marshal planes the old fashioned way. I can see where a complex bag sorting system would end up giving you more bag jams throughout the conveyor system. After awhile, the guys would get tired of constantly clearing them, and stop using it. If very odd shaped piece of baggage, small bag, or bag with a strap on it got hung up in the system, and you had to keep crawling up through that system to clear it, you'd probably stop using it too.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 1/27/2012 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
One thing that doesnt add up to me is this:

If the Denver airport really was a cover up for some covert underground facility, why? Like, logically guys... Why?

Why on earth not just put an underground facility deep in the Rockies somewhere out of the public eye? Why put it in one of the most traveled places on Earth? Because it'd be a great secret, right under our nose? Fine.. But then that begs the question of why on earth put double meaning murals all over the wall so that anyone with half a brain and a computer could research and go " Ah HAH!!!!"

So if it makes no sense to put this expensive facility somewhere where the public is at all times, then it probably is nothing.

If they take the notion of putting something under our nose, then why even put hints about it everywhere in the airport? Probably because it is nothing....

All of your comments I have also felt myself. However, once I looked at some numbers, specifically the amount of fiber-optic cable (3000 miles) and railroad tracks, I believe IF DIA is legitimately an underground base; it was designed to speed up time from air travel to underground TRAVEL.

I do NOT believe DIA is the end destination for the underground base. Just a transport hub. There are several dozen underground bases in the US, I believe "all roads lead to Denver" meaning you can travel to DIA then transfer to a differnet underground rail line to get to any of the other bases around the country. Meaning anyone can access any base from any other base through DIA (via railroad underground).

If you do not have much time (WW3 about to begin) all you need to do is get your plane to DIA and in minutes you are underground being wisked away to your assigned base of operations (including Norad in Colorado Springs).

Think of the underground bases as a spider web, with DIA in the middle, but serving primarily as a transportation hub both above ground (largest airport in the world) and underground (Denver has always been a railroad center due to its location).

God Bless,

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Does anyone else besides me find it very odd that employees would be screwing around and wearing creepy reptilian masks (if they are masks) when they have a TV crew there to debunk the conspiracy theories?

And why do they look eerily similar to the gargoyles in the suitcase? Odd behavior for professionals with security clearances.

I watched the part with them over and over. I can for sure say that they are wearing masks.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Good one..

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by COconspiracyguy
Does anyone else besides me find it very odd that employees would be screwing around and wearing creepy reptilian masks (if they are masks) when they have a TV crew there to debunk the conspiracy theories?

I don't find it too odd myself. It was probably either the ramp crew intentionally screwing around because they knew the camera crew was there, or it was s shot set up by the camera crew itself. My crew used to do some pretty funny crap to pass the time between flights, and if they caught wind of a news crew being at the airport there was always some competition to see who could end up making it on the news that night.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I love the DIA mystery. Just one thought though, the native american painting of mother earth coming out of the ground...

I believe that the two floating faces above the mother earth is the dualistic planet Venus. Venus is seen, by native americans, as two objects, sometimes good and sometimes bad. Many native americans were obsessed with Venus, the mayans built part of their calendar around it and the start of the 5125 year long calendar which ends in 2012 began in 3114 BC which they called the "Birth of Venus"

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
There is a previous thread on the DIA and this comment interests me. I read about the original above-ground buildings elsewhere, but this popped up in Google Search so I am linking the previous thread.

The original design for DIA was to be 5 pentagon shaped buildings ranging from 60 feet deep to 120 feet deep (6-12 stories roughly). Once these buildings where built, they decided that they did not like this design. When ever a constructed building is to be omitted, it would demolish and build the new design, DIA unlike ANY other construction in history, decided to bury these buildings and build on top of them. These buildings are still under DIA, the people that work down there do not speak of what they do, DIA claims the buildings are unused storage. Why would they have people working under DIA in massive buildings that are "unused storage," then be unable to speak about their jobs?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This tells me there are likely close to 12 stories underground and that there is too much unknown information about this complex, considering Denver already had an airport.
edit on 27-1-2012 by canadiansenior70 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
1. A wasted baggage track
WHAT TYPE OF BAGGAGE??????

2. Can we not see the floors below that floor

3. Good way to try and prevent a massive overflow of the airport bay saying nothings here keep it moving

4. where is the main door to exit from below?

Nice jokeing media added for relaxe nothing here to see message.

TRUST YOURSELVES

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

I don't find it too odd myself. It was probably either the ramp crew intentionally screwing around because they knew the camera crew was there, or it was s shot set up by the camera crew itself. My crew used to do some pretty funny crap to pass the time between flights, and if they caught wind of a news crew being at the airport there was always some competition to see who could end up making it on the news that night.

Really? If you look closely, the "ramp workers" are wearing suits.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Seem airports all over the world have conveyor systems that work just fine. In what is most likely the most expensive airport to be built in the history of the world(just guessing here) I'm sure such a vast system would have been designed to WORK rather efficently since there are I'm sure so many past faults to learn from. Lame excuse if you don't mind me saying.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
MILES OF TRACK THAT WERE SUPPOSED TO BE USED FOR A BAGGAGE SYSTEM THAT NEVER WORKED!!!!!!!!

I love my secret family members they will do stuff and run as far from their mess ups then re embedd themselves on another sphere and when they get found start dancing funny and running again lol I wonder how much that wasted baggage location cost.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I don't think he's wearing a suit, he's wearing blue coveralls.
Go watch the video again.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

Very good points. I would point out Stapelton airport was long outdated and possibly made it hard to expand in limited space. I had the same thought in mind. It does, however, explain why it's 25 miles away. Look at the land around it, sorrounded by nothing. Good spot to build an airport with a 12-story underground city no one is supposed to know the workings of. I remember the original story of the buried buildings as well.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I've seen a lot of people on here saying "why would they put it right under our noses?" well... They don't give a hooty what you know, you're just a little sheep who can do nothing to stop their master plans. I'm sure they just sit back and laugh at us "exposing" their so called secrets. There is no reason for the elite to feel threaten by us knowing their secrets. What are we gonna do about it? Nothing. Baaaa Baaaa Baaaa, and get sheered, that's it.

DIA is a CREEPY airport. I am originally from Colo.Springs and I have gone there more than a few times. In no way does that painting depict "saving the environment", that is just absurd. The painting is disturbing is what it is. That terrifying looking horse sculpture.....
A masonic time capsule... yeah OK....cuz you know, masons build buildings....

link   

Originally posted by defcon5

I don't think he's wearing a suit, he's wearing blue coveralls.
Go watch the video again.

Yes and the one on the left possibly a girl has a ponytail.

link   
This is an international airport that is also being used to move around hi profile CIA assets and other government officials with extreme secrecy and security. what a better scenario than to land secretly then through secret direct elevators go to your meetings unseen and leave unseen.

DENY IGNORANCE, HELL

GET SMART

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentalData
reply to post by canadiansenior70

Very good points. I would point out Stapelton airport was long outdated and possibly made it hard to expand in limited space. I had the same thought in mind. It does, however, explain why it's 25 miles away. Look at the land around it, sorrounded by nothing. Good spot to build an airport with a 12-story underground city no one is supposed to know the workings of. I remember the original story of the buried buildings as well.

again, there are neighborhoods close to DIA...pretty soon there will be neighborhoods right up on it....
its location is actually NOT odd....it just is not....

so WHY does it matter it is 25mi from denver??? why is that considered a conspiracy when DIA has residents right near it? Aurora is only about 15 min from it depending on traffic and how you drive. green valley ranch is even closer.....

DIA is not located out in the middle of some desolate area so they can hide things from the public

if they wanted to hide something....they need to come out to where i live! nothing but horse & cow ranches! and endless miles of nothing else...i live in a much much much more desolate area than DIA is located!

do i find the artwork ugly? yup, but i also find MANY MANY art rather ugly and creepy and just bad...even the big name artists.

do i care if there is masonic references? NOPE. i know a crap load of masons and there isnt a damn thing wrong with them....

do i find the horse creepy? nope, i think it is cool and a cool tribute to the broncos (even though im not a fan) do i find the gargoyles creepy? nope! i love them!

do i believe all the crazy conspiracies of zillions of layers below the surface? not really. i believe it is all urban legend...kind of like big foot

edit on January 27th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: edited for my super crappy typing!!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MentalData
Seem airports all over the world have conveyor systems that work just fine. In what is most likely the most expensive airport to be built in the history of the world(just guessing here) I'm sure such a vast system would have been designed to WORK rather efficently since there are I'm sure so many past faults to learn from. Lame excuse if you don't mind me saying.

Engineers get these great ideas for designs that might work spectacularly in a perfect world, but fail miserably in real world application.

A bag sorting conveyor system is going to be akin to the type of sorting equipment you would see on an assembly line or at a post office. That type of system works well when you are sorting uniform items such as envelopes or uniform boxes. Unfortunately people do not buy uniform pieces of luggage.

The fix for that is to use big plastic tubs for anything that is small, oddly shaped, or has parts that will snag. The problem is that the folks who work at the counters and curbside are not the ones who have to clear the system if it jams. If they don't have a tub sitting right there, they are more worried about getting as many bags as possible to get a bigger tip (skycaps), or it they are just being lazy, they will not take the time to use the tubs. That hangs the whole system up. I have seen this cause major fights between the Ramp Agents, the PSA's, and the Skycaps.

The more splitters, pushers, bends, track separations, etc. the more areas you have for stuff to get hung up. So basically the more automated the system is, the more prone it is to breaking, or getting jammed. Considering that you have to halt the entire track from the bagwell to curb/counter, the more that belt stops, the less of an useful system it becomes. So lets say that one bag an hour gets hung up in that system, and it takes 20 minutes to crawl up in there to clear it, that means that track is inop for 20min/1hour. After awhile that adds up, and the down time of that system eats into its efficiency.

Oh...
And your premise that “ airports all over the world have conveyor systems that work just fine” is false. Unless you've worked at an airport you would have no access to that information to begin with. ALL bag conveyors get hung up at some point, and almost every one I have ever been around usually has one bad area where it seems to happen religiously. However, the less additional crap that's in the system (ie. The straighter shot down), the less things get hung up in them.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
Yes and the one on the left possibly a girl has a ponytail.

Okay, and girls never work at airports?
I don't get your point here?

She could be a PSA catching a ride from the terminal back into the building, a Flight Ops person, a Lead Agent, a Supervisor...
I am failing to get the conspiracy here?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
GET SMART PEOPLE
Its the central location of the "WORLD GOVERNMENT"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join