It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and why he'll still be president...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rren

I'm Game , go right Ahead............

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
I personally did not benefit from any ONE of those bills, thank you very much.

Oh, well, if you personally didn't benefit, then I don't blame you for taking your position against Obama. What has he done for YOU lately? After all, the government's job is to make your life better... right?

There are so many people suffering in this country today. And I don't mean the people sitting behind their personal computers, drinking a Cafe Latte, being online amateur Constitutionalists and political pundits, while they sit at their desk job... I mean people without computers, without jobs, without homes, without food. THOSE are the people who need help. They are the ones whose lives need to be better.

Out taxes went down slightly and our insurance premium went up just a tad... I'm fine with that. If giving a little can help those less fortunate in this country, I am ALL for it. Because I am blessed and grateful that we HAVE a good income, a computer from which to spout my opinion to the world and a home, comfort and plenty of food. I'm good. I'm not asking "What's in it for ME"? I'm asking what's the best course of action to continue to heal this country from insanity of the Bush years?

Originally posted by Nana2
I have to tell you, it is very hard to take you seriously with such an immature and revolting avatar. Your posts and what you have to say kind of get lost from the "intrusion" on the left of your post.

THAT is what you have to say in this thread? An attack on the OP's avatar???

reply to post by NoJoker13

I also think Obama has done as well as he can with what he's dealing with. The massive fallout from the Bush years created a huge toxic spill that has to be cleaned up before we move on and Obama is doing what he can to that end.

Yeah, I disagree with him on some things, too. But overall, I like him and I don't think he's an evil, gay, Muslim, foreign usurper. I am eager to see what another four years will bring. It will be an exciting year!

(I think the SuperPacs are going to help Newt get the nomination and it will be fun to see him go up against Obama.)

edit on 1/27/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Obama is a lying sack of .... This is not unique to him. How can you tell when a Politican is lying, there lips are moving.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I love this thread..

You post facts about Obama and they can't refute it. Kind of hard to spread lies when you have facts to back you up.

I am surprised this thread has made it four pages...the right hate it when you point facts...and would rather spread lies.

Look at the thread about Obama and Georgia...they continue to spread the lie or don't want to hear the truth and would rather believe that the judge has taken him off the ballot when it is total BS.

He has done more for your country than the last president . Who may I add almost destroyed it and it was up to the new president to attempt to fix it. He is trying..but the right is trying to stop everything in order to make him fail another thing they do want to own up to.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

(I think the SuperPacs are going to help Newt get the nomination and it will be fun to see him go up against Obama.)

your closing thought struck me....

i see that scenario getting promoted to the advantage of President Øbama

see ~ Newght will get stereotyped as the short paunchy 'Douglas'
versus the ever resourceful Øbama...reprising the role of 'Lincoln'

(a tandem of new actors following the Lincoln-Douglas debates)
now 150 years later the obama-greengrinch are the conspirators

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

sorry dbl post, my PC is behav'in badly
edit on 27-1-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Nice graph... reminds me of some research done a while back on the myth of Republicans being for small gov't and Democrats for large... When the federal budget as a percentage of GDP is considered, the last Republican who was really for small gov't was Nixon. Since then, Republicans have consistently driven debt through the roof and increased the size of government. Democrats are not blameless, but have contributed less to this than have the Republicans.

Given the current crop of GOP candidates, I also sincerely hope Obama wins again. We are (slowly, due to Republican obstructionism) recovering from the economic mess Bush landed us in and we are re-gaining some degree of respect around the world.

There are things Obama has done with which I strongly disagree, and there are things he hasn't done that he bloody well should have, but on the whole I'm less displeased with him than other recent presidents.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

I haven't really seen the Gingrich win being promoted, but his SuperPac is killer! And it's hitting Mitt in all the tender places. I know Mitt is the GOP's golden boy, but I have a *happy little feeling* that he's going down in flames because of his wealth, tax shelters, and his religion...

I think Obama has a better chance against Gingrich, though, so you may be right. Actually, I don't think a Republican could win this election. And I think that's the plan. To Surrender 2012 and come back in 2016 with someone actually suited for the presidency. Because this time, all they put out there were jokes. (Except for Ron Paul. I don't think the GOP is behind him. He's a rogue. Sarah Palin, take note...)

If for no other reason, the GOP giving up is why Obama will be president again.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I stopped reading at your bogus chart.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If Obama is elected president again it'll only be because the people that the Republicans put forward are just as bad as him or worse (if that's possible). He'll 'win' by default. Either way - republican or democrat - what those parties are putting forward (Obama and either Newt or Mitt) are pretty damn pathetic. America has better people than this ... too bad they can't make it through the cigar smoke filled back room meetings that TPTB have ....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by swimmer15

The chart has been corrected per the Polifact article. Have another look.
The Polifact Chart shows Obama's increase as 15% (from Pelosi's original numbers) but the new one has been corrected to reflect the numbers Polifact stated (35%).

The chart is correct.

edit on 1/27/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Joker
is a liberal seed.

Obama has ruined this country and he is here to brainwash us all into believing Obama has actually done good.

So Joker .. i call shananagins on you...
edit on 27-1-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
I love this thread..

You post facts about Obama and they can't refute it. Kind of hard to spread lies when you have facts to back you up.

I am surprised this thread has made it four pages...the right hate it when you point facts...and would rather spread lies.

Look at the thread about Obama and Georgia...they continue to spread the lie or don't want to hear the truth and would rather believe that the judge has taken him off the ballot when it is total BS.

He has done more for your country than the last president . Who may I add almost destroyed it and it was up to the new president to attempt to fix it. He is trying..but the right is trying to stop everything in order to make him fail another thing they do want to own up to.

Some facts have been refuted. No one wants to click the link and see them.

Click me.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Quoted from your source:
"After we presented our research to Pelosi's office, a spokesman acknowledged that the office had erred in assembling and posting the chart and that it was in the process of reposting it. The updated version – which corrects the mathematical error but not what we consider to be the three additional design flaws – can be found here.

That's a step in the right direction, but it doesn't change our rating since it only occurred as a result of our fact-checking. We find so much wrong with this chart that we don’t think it contains any significant approximation of the truth. It made a major calculation error that dramatically skewed the debt increase away from Obama and toward George W. Bush. It glossed over significant variations in time served in office. It cherry-picked the measurement that was favorable to its cause. And it is contradicted by statistics for GDP-adjusted debt, which show Obama to be the most, rather than the least, debt-creating president of the last five. None of this suggests that Obama can’t turn things around as the economy improves (and Democrats can also take some solace in the fact that Bill Clinton did remarkably well in all of our measurements). But in communicating which administrations contributed the most to growth of the debt, this chart is a failure. We rate it Pants on Fire."
edit on 27-1-2012 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I expected to see another tiresome Obama bashing thread and he hasn't been perfect so there is a lot of material but I was pleasantly surprised here.

This quote of your is certainly the truth. I mean they said it right up front - who can still deny it?

Obama has also tried to implement policies to help the working man/middle class but again these efforts have been thwarted because of a republican congress that would rather see Americans suffer then a democrat succeed.

You never hear about the good things he's done for women daughters and families there was the Lilly Ledbetter Act right off the top. The Pirate incident. The Rescues of Americans trapped overseas...a woman was rescued just recently. Killing bin Laden...all the good is shoved under the rug so people do not make a fuss over it.
There is a great inconsistency the way people treat this man and the way they treated the last President who got a Hail Mary Pass on about everything he did.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

A lying sack o" ?

Twosides? That's a curious name. It is said we are critical of what we most dislike about ourselves and this does explain quite a bit of why the gratuitous slam.

If Obama had made the quote in your signature ...you would string him up for it. Don't lie.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoStarchild
Joker
is a liberal seed.

Obama has ruined this country and he is here to brainwash us all into believing Obama has actually done good.

So Joker .. i call shananagins on you...
edit on 27-1-2012 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

Bashing liberty again are you?

What do you think Ron Paul is if not a LIBERTARIAN?

People are so ignorant sometimes they do not even have the common sense to stick up for and remain loyal to their own LIBERTY!!!!

Do you know what liberty is?
Liberty is freedom and when you condemn someone for being liberal or a libertarian you are condemning their love and desire for FREEDOM.

Hate to say it but some of these dogs do not deserve freedom and belong on the chains they make for themselves.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Op, you sure do not ask much out of your potus.

Obama continued Bush's bailouts, and has escalated the U.S. to roughly 15 trillion dollars in debt, and that is fine with you?

A Natural born citizen taken out of any city-state could have come off the street-thrown into office, with no known political alliances, could have done a better job in office. Especially given that he had the Democratic party in the Senate and in the House, in his pocket at the time.

However, if you work or are PRO big Pharma, Energy, Government, and are apart of any subsidiary that has lavished in this 2nd Great Depression, you probably are having just the "dandy" time. As nothing has affected you, except your bank account accumilating more wealth.

Threads like these filled with ignorant ideologies, and biased views, make we ill

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
people who still follow a left/right paradigm make me sick...

this whole thread is vacant...
edit on 27-1-2012 by Acetradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Saying bush added more to the debt than obama did is an excuse first of all and y dont u take a pretty good look at what your boy obama tryed pullin with his fast and furious bs tryin to make it even harder for me to own n e firearms mayb cuz im from ca and ur not

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join