It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and why he'll still be president...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

As I don't mind who you want for president it's all and opinion as with Bill Maher, it's all an opinion. I'm sure Bill O'Riely would have a much better show and it'd be much more entertaining... O wait he does and its a snore fest.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
obama is finished
the PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN

link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket

Originally posted by NoJoker13

Were you unaware that Bill Maher is a celebrity? Who is also quite a ladies man although I can't really understand why since he has a huge nose but hey I guess the ladies like it.

I don't have a problem with how you feel about the president, your American and have that right.
But that Bill Maher sucks!

Yes he does, darn independants anyway.

link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by NoJoker13

No Incumbent President in the Last 100 years has Ever been Reelected when the Nations Unemployment Numbers were 7 % or Higher during his First Term in Office . Considering that Alledged Number Right Now , 8.7 % , the Phrase " Lame Duck " comes to mind when looking at our current POTUS...........Obama Reelected ? Not a Snowball's Chance in Hell ............

edit on 26-1-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Bet all my ATS points you're wrong. Game?

Just think of all the cool stuff you can buy!*

*These things are worth something, amirite?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Your graph is a little false since not every blue state recieves less then a dollar back but the majority do, just as the majority of red states recieve more then the dollar back. So you my friend may be in one of those blue states...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetnlow

You mean the people who clap when Romney says he'll turn them into millionaires have spoken.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket

Were you unaware that Bill Maher is a celebrity? Who is also quite a ladies man although I can't really understand why since he has a huge nose but hey I guess the ladies like it.

I don't have a problem with how you feel about the president, your American and have that right.
But that Bill Maher sucks!

I just picked on you about the president,
because of my disgust in that human called Bill Maher.
I apologize Bill Maher and the President should not even be used in the same sentence.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Time for bed work comes very early I've enjoyed the posts thus far, o how I love to debate. Keep um coming I'll be back around 5pm EST tomorrow.
edit on 26-1-2012 by NoJoker13 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Zanti Misfit

This thread wll still be here when and if Obama is re-elected. Would you rather have a millionaire in office? Especially two of which recieved massive tax cuts while you and I wouldn't have a snow balls chance in hell to receive the same treatment?

I wouldn't know about that , I am a Libertarian and Support the Right Honorable Dr. Ron Paul for President . If he fails to Win the GOP Nomination , and Possiblly chooses to Run for President as an Independent Candidate , then he will most Definately get my Vote and Many others based pirmarially on his Platform of bringing Constitutionalism back into the Mainstream of American Politics .

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I will agree with you there, Bill Maher like anyone else on TV is chasing ratings although he has a gem every now and then, he isn't a politician and shouldn't be labeled in that catergory. Goodnight.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I agree that RP is probably the only GOP I'd vote for, he has some policy that is a bit zany since he'd like to appeal the civil rights act but hey no ones perfect and I do understand where he's coming from on alot of issues.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

No, The Armed, Dangerous, Serious Majority

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Night don't let the Bill Maher bugs bite!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Democrats? Republicans? Such a thing anymore?

This should tell you a lil something anyway...

Obama's 2nd highest campaign contributor in 2008: Goldman Sachs $1,013,091

Mitt Romney's highest campaign contributor in 2011: Goldman Sachs $367,200

Wow, seems like they're liked by the same people...wonder why?

But looks like they prefer Obama more!

Oh, but I forgot, Obama gave MF Global back their $$ this year...after they got caught!

Defend the puppet all you want...It's really pathetic.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

reply to post by DelMar

Those were implimented before the congress turned to the right for example this is a bill denied by the right congress: Joint resolution proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

Maybe, I'm missing something, tell me if I'm on the wrong track. This bill, S.J.RES.10 -- Proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States, link here has 49 members affixed to it, all of which are Republicans.

This article, House rejects balanced-budget amendment to U.S. Constitution, link here says:

Democrats overwhelmingly opposed the proposal, arguing that such a requirement would force Congress to make devastating cuts to social programs.

and

After the failed vote on the House floor, some Democrats erupted in cheers.

If I'm on the wrong track I need better information from you about the specific proposal.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
If I get to check a box
Ron Paul (great)
or if I have to write it in
at least I will be able to sleep.
Republicans and Democrats can kiss my ...
if they think I am going to switch to lesser of 2 evils.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
For some reason this thread reminds of the Immortal Technique line

Im whillin out/ I'll represent/ I take my shoe off/ and throw it at the president

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Also I'd like everyone to remember it was congress who proposed SOPA/PIPA, I know the right has very short term memory.

I have to tell you, it is very hard to take you seriously with such an immature and revolting avatar. Your posts and what you have to say kind of get lost from the "intrusion" on the left of your post.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Let me be sure I have this right....

Your evidence that supports your opinion (which you are fully entitled to) is a blog that posted a chart that was released from Nancy Pelosi's Office,

You then go on to post a link from Jon Stewart's COMEDY show as proof that Mitt Romney pays less in taxes than most, which he does.

I love your "Red States" link which specifically says the Tax data was from 2005 and the election data is from 2004. Can you bring some more outdated information as proof of today's political climate?

Then you finish off with a stupid picture attacking Newt's so called family values, which is such an easy thing to attack which also does not attack his ideas or policies.

What your post tells me is that you are blinded by the fake left vs right nonsense. It is actually very easy for me to prove this is so. Let us start with your Romney tax attack, which I agree is repulsive and deserves to be attack. However what makes you think a rich Republican is paying less than a rich Democrat? I got news for you.... all people worth as much as Romney are actually paying roughly that same 14-15% rate. That is the benefit to being rich, you can afford to pay for the tax attorneys and the accountants who know the loophole that save you money.

I have no intention of commenting on your link that has data that comes from the Office of Nancy Pelosi. Just like I would ignore anything coming from the Office of Dick Cheney. They are clearly biased people who have only their best interest at heart and the rest of us can gfys.

As I stated about your "Red States" link. The information is outdated and therefor irrelevant in the context of what Obama has accomplished.

Now my favorite part...Newt Gingrich. What amazes me is that you do not attack his ideas, you do not attack his policies. Instead you attack the obvious. His lack of family values which is something he loves to babble on about. Yet everyone KNOWS his history with his marriages, most of us now he is a snake, and most of us know that this whole family values stuff is nothing more than political talk and he does not mean a word of it.

Fact is, Republican or Democrat, both parties are full of crap. If you want to believe Obama has done well in his term in Office that is your right. You can think anything you want to think. With that being said, so are others. People like me have every right to think Obama is a wash up. I won't attack you for your beliefs, I just hope you do much better research from unbiased sources (which is tough to do I admit) but at the very least get information from all sides and form your own conclusions before you run off to the poll and vote for someone who don't give a crap about you.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Here are some numbers run and fact checked.

I love this Ben Swann guy, if no one has heard of him you can find him on facebook or u2u me and I can send you a link to all the "Reality Checks" he has done. He has covered a wide range of issues and I have become a really big fan. Sorry the video can not be embedded so you will have to click the link.

Reality Check: The State of Our Union, by the numbers.
edit on 27-1-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join