It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama and why he'll still be president...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

Stimulus, Homebuyer incentives, Unemployment increases and extentions, to name a few again more were passed in 2010 still looking for credible list.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

Yeah like all republicans take a picture out of context, you mind posting the video to what led up to that middle finger?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

He does not need me to promote his work, he has you as a fan.
You are doing fine all by yourself, or do you want me to defend and help you with that?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by DelMar

Stimulus, Homebuyer incentives, Unemployment increases and extentions, to name a few again more were passed in 2010 still looking for credible list.

So you're saying none of those were implemented? Your OP (roughly said) he tried to implement things to help the middle class but they were thwarted.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
My property taxes went up even though the true market value is still slovenly, I am dreading April 15th and I am in the central time zone.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It's refreshing to see some support of Obama cropping up around ATS (I feel like it was non-existent for a while.) Obama has not been a perfect president by any stretch, and there are certainly things about his presidency that I have disagreed with, but as I have been reviewing the facts recently, I have been realizing that our lives could/would have been so much worse without him. I'd still have preferred Hillary in the longrun, but, the Republicans have done nothing but act like selfish wealthy aristocrats for Obama's entire presidency and have stymied a lot of really important things for the American people (think, the Public Option, for one!!), and frankly, that kind of immaturity is not wanted in our legislature. I hope that as a second term president Obama gets some guts and stands up to the immature selfishness that has made its home in Congress for years and works to get some stuff done! Thanks for this thread!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

At least he lets republicans on the show and actually lets them talk unlike the treatment democrats are given on fox news when they get half way through a sentence and are interrupted childishly.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

So you live in a red state I take it? By your avoidance of the question I'm taking it that you live in one that recieves more then a dollar back for a dollar given, would that be correct?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMar

Those were implimented before the congress turned to the right for example this is a bill denied by the right congress: Joint resolution proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I thought he said
We can't wait for congress
and was going to eliminate congress
and lower spending with that cut.
Then we could get rid of the President
Have a dictator, more savings,
would not have to spend all that money on voting.
He does seem to have a plan.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

reply to post by leawyoming

Stimulus, Homebuyer incentives, Unemployment increases and extentions, Many other bills were passed in 2010, before the right gained the majority I'm still looking for a credible list. He also out sourced for military projects to take money away from the republicans that own many of these local out fits that out source many of there products anyway and avoid taxes. So where were you going with that? I'll also ask you the same question, what state are you from and how much do you make a year? Also if you'd like me to list the very beneficial bills the republican senate has denied I'll get those for you as well but that trump card will remain hidden till need be
edit on 26-1-2012 by NoJoker13 because: Spelling Error

Exactly outsourced to avoid taxes ???? take money from republicans ??? and this is logical to give money to other countries He gave a blank check to freddie and fannie gave more money overseas for aid than to areas in us torn apart from tornados and flood his plus marks are minamule compared to his misses he has passed more bill that hurt us than help

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
A man that can't wait for Congress to vote, wants my vote!
I will have to think about that one.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

No Incumbent President in the Last 100 years has Ever been Reelected when the Nations Unemployment Numbers were 7 % or Higher during his First Term in Office . Considering that Alledged Number Right Now , 8.7 % , the Phrase " Lame Duck " comes to mind when looking at our current POTUS...........Obama Reelected ? Not a Snowball's Chance in Hell ............

edit on 26-1-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

At least he lets republicans on the show and actually lets them talk unlike the treatment democrats are given on fox news when they get half way through a sentence and are interrupted childishly.

Darn good looking ones too!

edit on 26-1-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: o

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by leawyoming

I love how people act as if out sourcing doesn't give americans money, we spend enough as it is and at this point in time spending more of our money to make things that our country is going to user for themselves or to resell to other military nations is not a bad thing. Especially since we pay something to have it done then charge another country much more to buy it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Were you unaware that Bill Maher is a celebrity? Who is also quite a ladies man although I can't really understand why since he has a huge nose but hey I guess the ladies like it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

This thread wll still be here when and if Obama is re-elected. Would you rather have a millionaire in office? Especially two of which recieved massive tax cuts while you and I wouldn't have a snow balls chance in hell to receive the same treatment?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Were you unaware that Bill Maher is a celebrity? Who is also quite a ladies man although I can't really understand why since he has a huge nose but hey I guess the ladies like it.

I don't have a problem with how you feel about the president, your American and have that right.
But that Bill Maher sucks!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

He says this because the bills he is trying to impliment would save us a ton of money in the long run and also help majorly on his way to re-election. Wouldn't you not want to wait?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
voices.washingtonpost.com/ezra-klein/.../the_red_state_ripoff.html

The red state ripoff

Over at the Fourth Branch, they've got a nice map showing the states that receive more than a dollar back for every dollar they pay in taxes (which they've coded red), and the states that receive less than a dollar back for every dollar they pay in taxes (which they've coded blue). Just to repeat: Red states are getting a good deal, and blue states a bad one. Here's the map:

I would be in a blue state. Now time to say eenie meenie minee moe

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join