It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USDA Bans Whole Milk in Schools. Rolls Out Major School Lunch Reforms.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Why not kill two birds with one stone and feed them MREs that are getting close to being dated
that way the military can have fresh rations over there, and the kids will consume the rest.....

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Yah, but he could stop it.

Not have Michelle endorse it.

Too much money for the institutions for my money.

I think most parents can Pack-a-Lunch and most do care.

The majority of American families are successful.

The Libs want you to think otherwise.

And from hearing a few of Obama's speeches lately, I would say HE has "tourettes"

edit on Jan-26-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

And? The Cons you worship did the same thing.

As for the parents, the parents can pack a lunch and they don't. I work in the cafeteria. These parents can't even be bothered to put money into their kids account until they get a phone call or a letter. They can get online and look at the account. They can't be bothered to do it. They can get online and look at everything their kids buys, they don't do it.

Sorry, most of them just don't care. I see it everyday and I'm sick of hearing from them.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Maybe this is how the government quietly announces a coming milk shortage? Not that they don't want to serve it, but they can't. Or the milk lobby is poor?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by survivalstation

ids won't eat the vegitables so they are really just giving them less food to eat.

great idea.

I disagree. I know many kids that eat broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, peas, carrots, etc. The problem is that when the parents only feed kids McDonalds, TacoBell or Pizza Hut that is what they learn to accept as food.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Whole milk... that leaves 2% and skim. Bet they're gonna add soy, almond and coconut milk.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sadly, no-one gets it's more profitable to dissect whole milk up into 2%, 1%, after adding water then re-bottling it to be sold in supermarkets. Way to go government, cheat our kids out of vitamins and say its good for them. While you make a profit.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
www.quora.com...

and it says.

Using a piece of equipment conveniently known as a separator (think centrifuge) a milk processing plant can separate the milk fat (MF) and solids non fat (SNF) from the water. Milk is on average 3.5% MF, ~9% SNF and the remaining ~87% is water. The plant operator can then reduce the fat content to whatever level necessary. In California protein and calcium are added back to the milk so the Total Solids content is close to the same as before removing fat. By re-adding solids to the milk the taste is improved and had a less watery flavor.

The milk fat removed creates 2% and 1%, thus can be resold at a profit and 2 gallons at the price of one.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I agree with banning milk. Milk contains hormones, puss and urine that cannot be screened out. It's allowed by our government. Milk is the cause of many health problems and even cancers. This stuff is just as bad as a kid drinking alcohol. I know people will say, But I have been drinking it for years and I'm o.k... really.. how do you know? You only THINK your o.k. Like any poison, the body can fight and break down milk just like it can other poisons - to an extent. You just may not have been told that many of your illness were due to milk or they haven't shown up yet. It can effect everyone do different degrees but it's bad enough developing children should never drink it. Even a calf will not go back to milk once he's weened off. That should tell you something.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I am glad they are taking whole milk out of schools. A lot of kids can not digest whole milk. Sorry, but kids with non European ancestors often have trouble with it. The problems can range from mild stomach upset to constipation, loose bowels, cramps, and bloating. This in turn can lead to a lack of concentration, mood swings, lethargy, and aggressive behavior.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

The solution to lactose intolerance is to serve non-pasteurized aka raw aka living milk.

The "problem" with this solution however, is that the cows would need to be raised in a healthy environment, fed proper nutrition, etc...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Milk makes you think like a girl from all the hormones
and other bad things

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toolatetotalk
My wife is more particular about what our kids eat and drink. She feels milk had something todo with our oldiest son having Type 1 D's. On the flip side my 2 year old can't consume wheat without breaking out in a rash. We've even moved him to skim milk.

sorry I got distracted...

I don't care what type of milk they put in school. It's not the same place or enviroment as it was when we went to school. What would upset me is if they said my kid had to drink the milk everyday.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KIDS NEED FAT!!! Please don't switch to skim milk. Developing brains need fat.
These (gov't) morons are so arrogant they're inflicting their idea of "good food" on our kids. You know, since they have been so successful inthe past with that food-pyramid-of-death.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by MikeNice81

The solution to lactose intolerance is to serve non-pasteurized aka raw aka living milk.

The "problem" with this solution however, is that the cows would need to be raised in a healthy environment, fed proper nutrition, etc...

YES! I've been drinking raw milk for 6 years now. As a child (in California no less) we were able to get it delivered to our door each day. And buy it from a drive through convenience store called "Green Acres".
Now they try to tell us it's poison. It's like they want us unhealthy and dependant on the government for healthcare.

Wait....

edit on 25-9-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is typical considering Congress declared pizza sauce, which is loaded with sugar and preservatives, a vegetable.

"Combating obesity" indeed.

/TOA

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join