It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Differences between God in the OT and God in the NT - How do we see this Atomically?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You may see the God of the Old testament as an evil and vindictive God. You may see God in the New Testament as Love and hope. Either way, is there a way to unify the paradox? How do we explain this in terms of our own experience in life and history? All paradoxes can be resolved if we know the excluded middle. Keep this in mind as you read.

In Galatians 3, the point of the law was revealed.

23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

Guardian from what? We are locked up? Are we prisoners? What is our crime?

We are thieves. Plain and simple.

Some people say the God of the Old Testament is Evil. I have heard this on forums for years. If you buy into the lie that the OT reflects an evil God, then this may be what you are thinking as you consider your own morality. Consider another thought:

What does the law protect us from today? Why is the constitution there in the first place? The US constitution was originally written as our guardian against ourselves and the Roman Catholic Church. Tyranny is the result of law that is out of context with truth. In Europe, the truth was being abused by the Church of Rome as a means of manipulating God's law of basic human dignity and rights. God's one law has always been based on doing good unto others. The command in the OT was to love your neighbor as yourself. This is the oldest law known to mankind. In the Garden, we were given one directive. Do not take what is not yours. God gives what we receive and we cannot take the fruit or we are thieves. What happens to thieves?

As a result of our own disobedience of stealing the fruit of knowledge, we were regulated by God as thieves. What laws are necessary to regulate criminals? What laws are necessary to regulate free people? It all depends on our context to truth. If we abide by law, the law protects us from those who don't. If none of us abide by the law, then tyranny is necessary until we learn to be dignified by common law. As our own nation descends into tyranny, it is a direct result of becoming thieves. No amount of law can regulate morality if we promote objectivism (Seeking self above others). Ayn Rand was wrong. Altruism is the key to a thriving society. We have become a nation that steals the fruit of knowledge for selfish purposes instead of purposes that give.

What is the fruit of knowledge? Until this day and age, we did not know. The fruit of knowledge is technology. We have this confirmed by knowing what element has the atomic structure of 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons.

Revelation 13

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man (or of mankind); and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

The element in question is Carbon. Carbon is the mark of mankind and it is the the basis of our technology. In most cases our technology takes from nature. In some cases, it gives by healing sickness or building efficient homes. A debt of 15 trillion dollars reveals what our technology has taken from the American people by greed. Remember, being out of context with God's law results in Tyranny and greed on a massive scale. In the day we reach out our hand to take the fruit, we die. The OT law was our example of what we can expect if we live out of context with giving. When we create cheap technology that gets thrown into the land fill after a month, we are suffering death by self-will. The Bible has been clear on this for over 2000 years.

If the OT was the reflection of taking from others and suffering the hand of law, what is the NT? Read the next verse from the set above in Galatians 3.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Jesus preached love. He said that we must forgive. He said to turn the other cheek. He said to bless those who curse you and pray for those who persecute you. Why? Because this is what we do to follow the law. The law is love. Love can only give. To overcome the beast, we must overcome with love. If we see a negative, we cannot overcome it with another negative. Positive is the only way to overcome negative. Giving is the key. Forgiving debt is the key. Christ was our example. Only multiplication can take two negatives and make a positive.

Consider this example: In mathematics, if you owe three people $10, then you are negative $30 (3 X -10 = $-30). If the lenders then say, "We forgive you for this debt because we love you," then you are free from that debt by another negative. You have just had three subtractions of -10, making you three positives of $10 (-3 X -$10). Your debt is -30 + 30 = Zero. Jesus died a horrible death to pay our debt, walking us back to a positive value.
LINK

As we live the next 7 years of Tyranny, realize that God told us what happens if we live by greed. We face Tyranny. If we live by love, we need no law to govern us. If we wait on the Lord, he will supply our needs. All these things made of Carbon will be added to us from the hand of God as a gift. This was the way he meant it all along. We are either thieves or we are creatures of love who receive reward from God. It's our choice.

Matthew 6:33

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

How do we learn love? How do we then overcome with this love preached by Jesus? Atomically, we only need to see the numbers to know. Nitrogen is 7 electrons, 7 neutrons and 7 protons. Oxygen is 8 electrons, 8 neutrons and 8 protons. God's number of completion is 777 and is his name in Hebrew Gematria. 888 is Jesus name in Greek Gematria. Nitrogen and Oxygen represent 99% of what we use to share a good word toward faith.

What words make up 666 in English Gematria?

MARK OF BEAST = 666
THE DATA BEAST = 666

CAUSES MARK = 666

A SATANIC MARK = 666

SATAN'S SEAL = 666

A SATANIC PLAN = 666

FOREHEAD SIGN = 666

THE HAND OR HEAD = 666 (Rev 13:16: "... he causeth all ... to receive a mark in their RIGHT HAND, or in their FOREHEADS.")

ACCEPT HAND CHIP = 666

OR PLACE IN HEAD = 666

MANDATORY = 666

A SURE OMEN = 666

NO MORE CASH = 666

A NUMERIC CODE = 666

WORLD ID CARD = 666

WORLD BIO ID = 666

A MARK FOR MAN = 666

E-IDENTITY = 666

E-TRADE MARKS = 666

A ADSX BIO CHIP = 666 (Rev 13:16-17; ADSX was the old NASDAQ stock ticker symbol for Applied Digital Solutions.)

DIGA E-IMPLANT = 666 (DIGA is the new NASDAQ stock ticker symbol for Applied Digital Solutions.)

A BARCODE LABELING = 666
SMART IDOL = 666 (Rev 13:15)

A CYBER-HUMAN = 666

CREATED BY MAN = 666

COMPUTER = 666

PROGRAMER = 666

Source: LINK

How many more signs do you need? What does God ask of us? Believe. That's it. Seek his righteousness and all these things you desire are added back to you in context to truth. Is it really that hard?

edit on 26-1-2012 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
In the seminaries this is very much simplified. The saying is: "The New Testament, in which God is in a much better mood." That's really all you need to know.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Hello, SuperiorEd.

I see you writing a lot lately about "The Number of The Beast" and it's value of 666.

I would be interested to see how you respond to this piece of information. I believe I have posted it on one of your previous threads.

From Wikipedia:

The Number of the Beast

Main article: Number of the Beast
616 ("six hundred and sixteen", or "six hundred sixteen" in American English) is believed by some to have been the original Number of the Beast in the Book of Revelation in the Christian Bible.[1] Different early versions of the Book of Revelation gave different numbers, and 666 had been widely accepted as the original number. In 2005, however, a fragment of papyrus 115 was revealed, containing the earliest known version of that part of the Book of Revelation discussing the Number of the Beast. It gave the number as 616, suggesting that this may have been the original.[2]

Another manuscript attesting to 616, even before the P115 finding, is the later Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus (C, a palimpsest). This text has 616 written in full: ἑξακόσιοι δέκα ἕξ, hexakosioi deka hex (lit. "six hundred and sixteen").[14]
Papyrus 115 and Ephraemi Rescriptus has led some scholars to conclude that 616 is the original number of the beast.[15] If this variant is the original number of the Beast, it would be catastrophic to existing dispensational literature.[16] However, it cannot be proven that these scrolls actually contain the original text.
[edit]

Basically, the information claims that the earliest piece of recorded scripture from Revelation writes that the number is, in fact, 616, as opposed to 666.

I'm sure you could just agree with Ireneaus and say that it was a scribal error, but some how.... that just doesn't feel like a satisfying reply.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Say what you want about the God of the OT. He never sent anyone to Hell. In fact, it was the same destination for all, Sheol (the grave). I like that better then fire and brimstone for ever and ever.

Am I being too trite? It's how you start your thread; talking about an evil OT God. I dunno, I think He get's a bad wrap.

The real paradox for me has always been unifying Numerology and Christianity.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus

Say what you want about the God of the OT. He never sent anyone to Hell. In fact, it was the same destination for all, Sheol (the grave). I like that better then fire and brimstone for ever and ever.

Am I being too trite? It's how you start your thread; talking about an evil OT God. I dunno, I think He get's a bad wrap.

He does get a bad rap and I think it is worth defending his goodness. There was a rather lengthy thread on this topic when I first joined ATS. For me, there is no difference between God in the OT and NT. He is a loving God from Genesis 1:1 all the way to Revelation 22:21. Our salvation is a much misunderstood process.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

I have considered it. I think it may very well be meant as both numbers. Our misunderstanding is often used by God to show the correct answer on two levels. 616 would denote Carbon 7. There has been a tradition for many years that the alchemists developed their philosopher's stone to transmute their mental capabilities to higher levels. The substance is essentially Carbon 7. I'll attach a video below. Although I do not know the truth behind this, I would assume that people would jump at the chance to receive a transhuman chemical if it were available. Carbon 7 (616) fits the mold. Is there validity to the video below? I am not sure. I do know that we must overcome our technology or it will overcome us. This is for sure. 616 would represent a mark that may very well disallow God's process of salvation. What do you think?

Carbon 7

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus

I would also mention, God took human form in the NT, so perhaps more understanding? Though I wouldnt subscribe to this. God was just a loving in the OT. He just kept having BAD KIDS!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Did humanity really steal the Fruit of Knowledge? It's my understanding that it was imparted to our ancestors by the Fallen Watchers (a.k.a. the Serpent). And depending on the version you ascribe to, the knowledge was given to us in order to free us from the prison we'd been trapped in.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
@SuperiorEd
What do you think Cyber Human would mean???Does counting our own name using gematria mean anything??
edit on 27-1-2012 by QuantumSeeker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join