It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Military Is Replacing Humans with Giant Drone Surge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by elbrujo

Many people think its impossible. How many times have you read, "They have technology thats 30 years ahead" or something of that nature?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Reminds me of Eagle Eye lol

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Isn't it amazing how quickly we went from the Wright brothers to jet airplanes to space shuttles? We can thank the Yugoslavians for their space technology and the Nazi's for the jets.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by govspy911
As a former member of the Armed Forces, I say bring on the drones. Our next enemy may be so advanced that our planes are going to need to pull some serious G's; so high in fact a human pilot would not have a chance in a fight. Drones can aslo be used in a Nuclear/Biological/Chemical environment where humans could not.

Yup, those tribal farmers might get ahold of some stingers... better throw all of your defense budget into producing ultra-advanced stealth drone bombers just to be safe

Tribal Farmers? Since when did they become our emenies? What I am referring to is a more technologically advanced enemy, and not necessarily from this planet. With armed drones capable of supersonic flight and no human occupant, their maneverability would be unsurpassed. They would be very handy in a conflict with Iran as well, so our bases would be better covered. Anybody who has ever been shot at would appreciate the drones, they are there to save American lives. I am an American and I have been shot at, but we didn't have drones. We had Apache Helicopters which are more capable than drones, but it puts another American life at risk.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The drones still need human tecks to keep them operating. Some one has to make sure that its is in shape to fly
and that everything is working right, and they need someone to do maintaince on them.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I wish the made terminator's that looked like arnold, that would be so cool and the gave them the same type of voice and qoutes like "come with be if you want to live" but really i think this is a good idea or a good start if we could keep the enemy busy while not losing live's in the act then this is a good step to a better goal.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

As a former member of the Armed Forces, I say bring on the drones. Our next enemy may be so advanced that our planes are going to need to pull some serious G's; so high in fact a human pilot would not have a chance in a fight. Drones can aslo be used in a Nuclear/Biological/Chemical environment where humans could not.

Yup, those tribal farmers might get ahold of some stingers... better throw all of your defense budget into producing ultra-advanced stealth drone bombers just to be safe

Tribal Farmers? Since when did they become our emenies? What I am referring to is a more technologically advanced enemy, and not necessarily from this planet. With armed drones capable of supersonic flight and no human occupant, their maneverability would be unsurpassed. They would be very handy in a conflict with Iran as well, so our bases would be better covered. Anybody who has ever been shot at would appreciate the drones, they are there to save American lives. I am an American and I have been shot at, but we didn't have drones. We had Apache Helicopters which are more capable than drones, but it puts another American life at risk.

Yeah, I'm sure imperialists would love using drones to fight their wars for them, while the enemy is forced to fight on their own feet in their own land.

Enemies "not necessarily from this planet"? Really credible statement there
Maybe if the US really does end up taking over the whole world, they would have to make that excuse official in order to justify further weapons development.

Maybe you should worry less about risking your own soldiers in combat, and worry more about not starting wars where your soldiers and weapons are necessary, that usually end up killing hundreds of thousands of the "enemy" as we have seen over the past decade.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Nothing will replace a human on the battlefield. In order for this to happen you will have to have AI technology that can operate within ROE rules and think on its own feet within ROE engagements. This technology would be VERY expensive.

Unless of course you just mean the airforce.

Having infantry drones is just to damn expensive. How about upgrading our personal armor instead. Our plates are a joke - armor is a joke. Hell they crack if you hit the ground to hard.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesquid

Don't have to read about it. It's known.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This push by the FAA was probably in preparation for the uptick in military usage of UAVS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Im guessing that some of those newer patrol zones they were considering, fall within our own borders.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join