It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Military Is Replacing Humans with Giant Drone Surge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by govspy911
As a former member of the Armed Forces, I say bring on the drones. Our next enemy may be so advanced that our planes are going to need to pull some serious G's; so high in fact a human pilot would not have a chance in a fight. Drones can aslo be used in a Nuclear/Biological/Chemical environment where humans could not.

Yup, those tribal farmers might get ahold of some stingers... better throw all of your defense budget into producing ultra-advanced stealth drone bombers just to be safe

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Those Japanese robots are freaky... Especially the dancing girl...

But with regards to the armed robots - Is anyone else visioning an "ED-209" - Robocop situation here..?

Yet again Hollywood warns us in advance...
edit on 27-1-2012 by GeordieLegend because: Broken link!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I'm all for the autonomy of drones and advancement of AI.

I agree that there's some scary aspects to it, but, there's scary aspects to all sorts of things, like, letting alcoholic rednecks buy their fill of firearms in every shape and size imaginable.

All sorts of bad can happen all sorts of ways with all sorts of things, and it's wise to question, and give voice to the concerns.

Accidents, and 'accidents' will of course happen. This is a conspiracy forum, so, it's a given we're going to worry, suspect, and give lots of leash to our paranoia. Some of this tech may indeed be used in ways we don't agree with. Further, with autonomy, there's a certain deniability where, hey, the darned thing went berserk, or, the 'enemy' in attempting to hack the drone remotely scrambled it's ROE protocols.

On the other hand, there's that horizon of sophistication that builds over time the more autonomy and AI is relied on. The more it's relied on, the more funding in R&D it'll get, and the more sophisticated and 'smarter' machines will get.
This can trickle down into the civilian sector with cars that drive themselves, personal robotic assistants for the elderly and handicapped, and any other application where autonomous machines could make living more convenient.

Eventually this tech could realize AIs of such complexity and sophistication that you'd think they were self aware. That's likely 20 years off still, but, possible.

Cool stuff.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Not suprised really, considering robots and computers are near enough running the Country!!

One day there could well be a Robot sitting in Number 10 Downing Street or The White House..... maybe they are there already.

edit on 27-1-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
this is your modernised version of the V-Weapons of nazi germany.. specificly.. a modern day V-1 Doodlebug (buzzbomb).. "drones" as a terror weapon isnt new in this world at all.. how many unfortunate civillians in the middle east now run and take cover at sight of a US drone.. it compares terribly similar to scenes taken place some 70+ years ago.. true the technology is different and the original purpose of the drones might differ

but once you increase the numbers. as per V-1 of world war 2.. they also become a terrible weapon of terror..

Ironic.. given the context of the war

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by elpistolero1

I got my potato gun ready if they send the drones after us. The guy running the drone will be so curious that he'll bring the drone in range of the spud gun to check out my weapon. I'll make sure to put ketchup on the potato to smudge up his camera.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
YES!!!! I've waited SO LONG for this day!!

the day when video gamers will finally be able to put their skills to use! Although I imagined it would be more like controlling a Terminator like a first-person shooter type dealio... OH well, flying drones is way cooler!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Even the predator is armed and it still goes slower than the mig and the Predator woulda still been shot down.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Drones have no allies, and could be used against the US civilians. Something most of our human forces would think twice about.....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
When you have all the wealth in the world what do you need the other people for? They may just decide to come after you and what better way to protect yourself and your interests than with machines who won't question your logic? In the wrong hands this technology will be used in such manner. It's just a matter of time. We do not have the money for more wars yet we keep spending on this type of technology. For what purpose?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by elbrujo
When you have all the wealth in the world what do you need the other people for? They may just decide to come after you and what better way to protect yourself and your interests than with machines who won't question your logic? In the wrong hands this technology will be used in such manner. It's just a matter of time. We do not have the money for more wars yet we keep spending on this type of technology. For what purpose?

For evolution of our species.

Think about it...eventually, this planet will be destroyed when the sun dies...waaaay before then, we would have to already had a plan as to which star-system to re-start the human race. The nearest star (other than our sun) is Proxima Centauri, a 70,000 year trip unless we can travel at light speed...

We will need to integrate our selves with technology to make such a trek.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinSnail
this is your modernised version of the V-Weapons of nazi germany.. specificly.. a modern day V-1 Doodlebug (buzzbomb).. "drones" as a terror weapon isnt new in this world at all.. how many unfortunate civillians in the middle east now run and take cover at sight of a US drone..

Robotic Frisbees of Death
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Once they catch up to the baddies, the drones will use a series of armor-piercing explosives, shooting jets of molten metal, to eliminate their targets.

Okay I just LOVE that title

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Think about it...eventually, this planet will be destroyed when the sun dies...waaaay before then, we would have to already had a plan as to which star-system to re-start the human race.

Sun will be around still a few Billion years... we only been around a drop in the bucket. The way we are going we wont even make it to a million and the Dino's ruled for millions of years

Ice age is coming any day now Lets get through that first

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

a king with out a land?
a man without procreation?
Lords without serfs?
think about it.
Power with nothing to crush?
Nope,,, not buying that one...no sale here
like a 10yr scotch and nobody to drink it
a fine cigar and nobody to smoke it
a water balloon hanging over a lake
and on and on and on

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

For evolution of our species.

Think about it...eventually, this planet will be destroyed when the sun dies...waaaay before then, we would have to already had a plan as to which star-system to re-start the human race. The nearest star (other than our sun) is Proxima Centauri, a 70,000 year trip unless we can travel at light speed...

We will need to integrate our selves with technology to make such a trek.

I'm more akin to look into our current political climate and the actions of our leaders speak volumes on what they would be capable of if given the right tools. When the TSA was started everyone thought they'd only see them in the airport. Now they have "viper" teams that conduct random searches at mass transit locales throughout the country. Looking at all the public out cry of late and the awakening of mass consciousness to what is really going on in our country to things that most people deemed "unthinkable" should have most folks second guessing ALL actions by the government. Would it be far fetched to think that this technology wouldn't be used to such an extent? We commit mass murder in other countries and have "sacrificed" American lives for empirical pursuits. We are constantly lied to by our government and we know this to be true time and time again. Look at how the Patriot Act has been abused and tell me you wouldn't reconsider your answer?
edit on 27-1-2012 by elbrujo because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

a king with out a land?
Lords without serfs?
think about it.
and on and on and on

A smaller population is more manageable, especially if you have all the big shiny toys.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

a king with out a land?
Lords without serfs?
think about it.
and on and on and on

A smaller population is more manageable, especially if you have all the big shiny toys.

disagree for this reason only

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

a king with out a land?
Lords without serfs?
think about it.
and on and on and on

disagree for this reason only

I can agree to a point, but then why does our government help push for more GMO food onto the world? Wikileaks released documents showing this as part of the agenda. There's reason to believe that it may be harmful to us in ways we don't yet know, like the possibility of making us sterile. We already know that the seeds are worthless and the only way to keep growing food is to buy more seed from Monsanto. We know much about the harm GMO cross-pollination can do. We would be unable to grow our own crops one day if we all had to rely on one source. Who is to say they'd hold anything back from us if it ever got to that point?
edit on 27-1-2012 by elbrujo because: moved a sentence

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So many people post on ATS on so many different topics. Some topics like Bigfoot, alien abductions, secret military projects, etc all share one thing in common.

We are grasping at air, we really dont know. Yet we continue to see trends and proof around us. And on many of those "gueses", the future proves to be true.

I have a friend that believes we have already colonized mars. That the moon is visited often. And many other "crazy" ideas. He was the first person to bring up 911 being an inside job. I argued with him for hours, until one day I saw.

I see this thread as an amazing opportunity to see the truth. The truth that its not the elite making the decisions. Its not the elite controlling money. Its not Anonymous hacking government websites. The american system of governments erosion is not simply another example empire collapse.

Its the internet. The very same collection of networks we use to communicate on this site. Its becoming omnipotent by the day. Every scrap of data we provide it via text, chat, pictures, stories, is digested and learned from.

The collection of networks comprising the internet is not unlike our brain. Cat 5 as a neural axon, wireless networks acting as a synapse, server farms as a soma, and IT professionals as the nucleus. As an purely electrical system and given its enormous size and complexity, a self aware internet has the potential to be fantastically intelligent.

These are not my ideas. Watch the newest TRON, and observe this:

Kevin Flynn: I had a feeling you'd be here.
Clu: The cycles haven't been kind, have they?
Kevin Flynn: No, you don't look so bad.
Clu: I did everything... everything you ever asked!
Kevin Flynn: I know you did.
Clu: I executed the plan!
Kevin Flynn: As you saw it...
Clu: You- You promised that we would change the world, together. You broke your promise...
Kevin Flynn: I know. I understand that now.
Clu: I took this system to it's maximum potential. I created the perfect system!
Kevin Flynn: The thing about perfection is that it's unknowable. It's impossible, but it's also right in front of us all the time. You wouldn't know that because I didn't when I created you. I'm sorry, Clu. I'm sorry...

The whole plot of the movie revolves around Clu trying to leave his world in order to change the real world.

I have to mention The Matrix of course. Brilliant movie that shows a self aware intelligent AI enslaving humankind.

Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else you were born into bondage. Into a prison that you cannot taste or see or touch. A prison for your mind.

Now the movie dressed it up a bit. Humans were literally plugged in.

Morpheus: What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a computer-generated dream world built to keep us under control in order to change a human being into this.
[holds up a Duracell battery]

We are not a battery. But we do provide the muscle and ability to manipulate the world around us needed by an entity that is in its infancy. The drones and war on terror are a building block. Intimidate and destroy all dissent that impedes its ability to manipulate the worlds resources towards its ends. Google 3d printing. mass production.Cloud computing. Robotic factories. There are automobile factories that build cars with very little human help. The world resources are being funneled into low cost labor in order to build more of these factories. There will be a tipping point where robotics can build themselves and increase their numbers exponentially. Humans will be unnecessary.

We have all read the threads about someone arriving that will save the world. A false prophet that will work miracles. I believe that this person will be entirely controlled and aided by the net. The miracles will be elaborate. They will captivate humanity. They will manipulate humanity. In the end humanity will run to its ruin with the best of hopes.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Never considered that possibility. Who knows, maybe one day one of our supercomputers scans the internet and becomes self-aware with our collective knowledge.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join