It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton to retire after the election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

Like President Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton says she hasn’t been watching the Republican primary debates. But at least Clinton has an excuse for tuning out — she says she’s quitting government after the election no matter who wins. “What could we do to persuade you to run for vice president?” a staffer asked at a State Department town hall meeting Thursday, referring to cyclical rumors and the wishful thinking of some supporters. “Oh, my goodness,” Clinton replied. “I will certainly stay on until the president nominates someone and that transition can occur,” said Clinton, who has insisted repeatedly that she will be a one-term secretary. “But I think, after 20 years ...of being on the high wire of American politics, and all of the challenges that come with that, it would probably be a good idea to just find out how tired I am.”

Honestly, Im disappointed. I voted for Hillary back in 2008, and feel she has been an excellent sec of state. I don't care to get in a back and forth about her with republicans on here. Rather Id like to discuss the impact of Mrs Clinton leaving the political world.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

She's been saying this for a while now. I remember an article from March of last year saying the same thing. So long Hilary, I won't miss you.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Guess it is a good thing she did not run for president. She would be to tired now to run for a second term. I wonder if there is not an underlying health issue that she is not comming forth with presently. Oh well like her or not she put her all toward making America better wether you agree with her way of doing it or not.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Apparently, I share quite a lot of her viewpoints (which surprised me quite a lot when I found out), but I never particularly liked her. I didn't even know why, just didn't care for her.

But over the past years, I realized why. She's borderline-psychotic.
One of the many reasons was her "We came, we saw, he died" comment about Qaddafi - Who I was not particularly fond of.

But a comment like that, followed by her idiotic laughter, makes me hate her more than I ever hated Qaddafi.

But back to topic...

Did you see her during the State of the Union speech? I had to look twice to make sure it was really her. She looked ancient and sickly beyond belief. Apparently, the past few years have not been very good to her.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

OR perhaps she really was beyond politics and is sick of the current state of affairs

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This will not help Obama in the coming election. Strong Hillary supporters, some of them support Obama just because she is on board as Secretary of State. I'm glad she made her announcement before the elections. It weakens his platform overall.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
reply to post by Xeven

OR perhaps she really was beyond politics and is sick of the current state of affairs

-OR- Maybe she's finally satisfied with the current direction and has no reason to fight?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
she got a new job. pole dancing for the devil.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The impact is simple, the world will be a better place. It's one less Tyrant.

That being said, I find the timing very interesting. Political circles have even discussed a Hillary run for President in 2016, so I have to wonder if she is bowing out of the current Administration or does she really intend to bow out and stay out for good and actually "retire". I wonder if she realizes how many Americans will not be able to retire at age 65 like she is.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
And just how is hillary clinton a..... tyrant??? i feel like words such as that are thrown around far too much

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
His administration is jumping ship. This is normally a routing thing to do, but I believe they are jumping ship before the storm hits. There is a storm coming with the economy folks...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

the 22 months of constant job growth?

the polls starting to tide towards obama??? what about the economy is looking bad in the long run for obama and the election??

I think hillary is simply leaving cause shes fed up with daily politics in washington

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
goodbye hillary clinton
yo homes smell ya later.
this is great news. wonder what
she will be up to next>? you NEVER
know from her.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It's time for the Bushs' and the Clintons' to step aside... Their time is over.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I must say I loved hillary, but I dont see anything wrong with a political world that doesnt involve a bush or a clinton.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Thank God she is getting out of American politics. I couldn't stand her or her husband in the 1990's. I watched the liberal idiots in NYC elect her as a senawhore in the 2000's. She didn't do anything for NYS that wasn't to her benefit.

Now that she's leaving politics I suspect she'll set her sights on something bigger like the United Nations. Lord help us all.

new topics

top topics

join