It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My encounter with Mother Mary

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I actually wrote this post as a reply to another thread but figured it could really use its own thread, because it was hands-down the most "divinely inspired" experience I've ever had.

In 2000, I was working as a professional Tarot reader in Sedona, AZ, at the Center for the New Age, along with ca. 20 other readers, psychics, massage therapist, Reiki practitioners, etc. We got a lot of tourists for readings and energy work. [I have to add that I am not (and never have been) a Catholic, I don't believe in the saints... for all intents and purposes, I'm not even a devout Christian, even though I do go to church now, but didn't back then.]

One day I had a woman named Rosemary come in, a little middle-aged lady, a very sweet and simple soul. When she came in, she started talking right away, and it was really more like a therapy session than a reading, because she did most of the talking. She told me that she grew up in very unhappy circumstances, with her mother being a schizophrenic who told her daughter repeatedly that she hated her, she'd never wanted children, she was good for nothing, etc. If I recall it correctly, she was also physically abusive and didn't send the kid to school on a regular basis, so Rosemary grew up functionally illiterate.

She said one day in the '90s, a few years before the first Gulf War, she had a vision where she saw a glowing book floating in the air. She looked closer and saw that it had her name on it and received the message that she was to write that book. She said she was very distraught by that vision because she could barely read and write, and writing a book was completely out of the question.

A few years later, with the Gulf War looming or already started, Rosemary was sitting one day at the kitchen table and drew a heart on paper, thinking that that would make a nice book cover... when she all of a sudden remembered her vision. She didn't want to do it -- because of her illiteracy, it was a harrowing task for her. Still, she felt she had to do it and started writing a small book of poems about war and peace. To finish one page would take her days and weeks because she had to look up every single word in the dictionary, and she said she cried a lot during that time.

Finally her book was done and someone helped her print it and make it into a thin booklet. She was invited to read the poems in front of a group at the local library, and then word started to spread and she read in front of larger audiences in churches and libraries in her region.

Rosemary was very distraught about that as well, saying, "But every time I read my poems, people in the audience started to cry, and I felt so bad. I shouldn't make people cry; that's just not right."

I actually had to explain to her that those people cried because her poems were so beautiful and she touched them so deeply, and she was very relieved to hear that.

She'd actually sent the poems all around the world to plead for peace. She'd received many personal letters; one from the Vatican, with the Pope's seal on it; from Rev. Jesse Jackson; from the UN, from the president of Czechoslovakia; from John Major, prime minister of England; from Prince Charles; Madeleine Albright, and so forth. There was no hubris in her, though; she was only delighted and filled with gratitude that all those important people had taken the time to write to her.

She also received a letter some years later from a Croatian refugee camp. A girl wrote her that her grandfather had just died, and she'd found in his wallet Rosemary's poem and a letter from her. The girl said, "My grandfather loved you very much, you were his best friend, he would read the poem to us kids all the time."

Rossemary also talked about her love for animals and how she was involved in animal rescue organizations and gave all her money (what little she had) to help those poor, suffering creatures. She cried while she talked about their pain and suffering. Then she talked about her abusive mother and said she wasn't really mad at her; she just felt so bad for her mother, because she herself must have had a terrible life to become so mean and cruel. She was a very childlike, totally pure soul.

All of a sudden something strange happened: While I looked at her talking, she began to GLOW from the inside, a very warm, soft but intense glow, and her face and body transformed into that of... I can only describe it as "Mother Mary," even though, as I said, I'm not Catholic and I don't believe in Mother Mary. It was an overwhelmingly loving, caring feminine presence -- but somehow regal at the same time -- and it felt like nothing I've ever felt before. Like a huge wave of unconditional love; it made me feel like a baby being coddled in my mother's arms or something. Unbelievably intense; I was almost ready to fall onto my knees in front of her.

The whole thing lasted about 2-3 minutes and then the glow faded and Rosemary was just her normal self again. She had no recollection of anything that happened; I actually had to tell her what had transpired. She didn't even know who Mother Mary was; I had to explain to her that she was the mother of Jesus; she had no religious education or affiliation at all, even though she had a naive, childlike belief in God.

I refused to take any money for the reading. As I said to my colleagues later, "How you can charge GOD for a reading?"

Here is the poem that went around the world and made so many people's hearts melt; it's called "Just Like You."

Daddy, why ya gotta gun?
Are you gonna shoot someone?
Does the enemy have an army too?
Do they have guns, just like you?
Are you gonna shoot those men,
Who are just like you?

Daddy, do they have little boys too?
And, and do they live in a house?
And have a wife just like you?
Daddy, will she cry if he dies,
Like Mommy would for you
And what about his little boy,
What’s he gonna do?

Oh Lord, how can I answer
All this, to my son
When I’ve always taught him
To be kind to everyone
Because they’re
Just Like You.

edit on 26-1-2012 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Sylvie, what a remarkable story. I am not very religious 'per say' either, but I have to say that, that encounter had to be of a spiritual nature. If not Mother Mary it had to be one of your guardian angels for sure.
perhaps it was to confirm your beliefs in an afterlife? Maybe at that time you had doubts in your own abilities?
thanks for sharing, what an incredible encounter to experience !

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Most likely a demon.

Demons are tricky like that.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Thanks! Yes, it was very powerful, and I'm still grateful it happened. I wasn't in any state of despair or doubt then, though. I just view it as a blessing.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Most likely a demon.

Oh, the fundamentalist crowd is rushing in... ;o) I know very well that the Bible says Satan could disguise himself as an angel of light. However, I highly doubt Satan -- by definition -- would be able to simulate and project an unconditional love so intense that it is truly out of this world.
edit on 26-1-2012 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

My Grandmother was into card reading. I inherited her tarot cards, but have no idea how to use them.
As a child I used to bug her constantly to read my cards and finally one day she broke down.
She got out a normal deck of cards and the first card that came up was a queen of hearts.
She instantly started shaking and said she couldn't do it. She never did tell me what that card meant.

Later on, after much nagging, I convinced her to read my palm. She told me she saw a long life. (I think they all do). then she said she saw trouble where I strayed on various paths,( which now 45 years later I understand).
Then she saw me married, but then once again she got all nervous and wouldn't go any further.

She always told me I was special, I hoped my whole life to have her insight into the spiritual world, but to no avail (yet).
She could see spriits and I believe auras. She knew so much she wouldn't tell me because I was just too young.

back on topic.... you must be truly gifted and blessed.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Most likely a demon.

"........Darkness will be prefered to light..
No eyes will raise to heaven.
The pure shall be thought insane
and the impure will be honoured as wise.
The madman will be believed brave,
and the wicked esteemed as good.
Knowledge of the immortal soul
will be laughed at and denied.
No revent words worthy of heaven
will be heard or believed........."

Thoth Egyptian scribe

Shame on you.
edit on 26-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2012 by artistpoet because: typos

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
reply to post by sylvie

My Grandmother was into card reading. I inherited her tarot cards, but have no idea how to use them.
As a child I used to bug her constantly to read my cards and finally one day she broke down.
She got out a normal deck of cards and the first card that came up was a queen of hearts.
She instantly started shaking and said she couldn't do it. She never did tell me what that card meant.

Later on, after much nagging, I convinced her to read my palm. She told me she saw a long life. (I think they all do). then she said she saw trouble where I strayed on various paths,( which now 45 years later I understand).
Then she saw me married, but then once again she got all nervous and wouldn't go any further.

She always told me I was special, I hoped my whole life to have her insight into the spiritual world, but to no avail (yet).
She could see spriits and I believe auras. She knew so much she wouldn't tell me because I was just too young.

back on topic.... you must be truly gifted and blessed.

You know, everyone can experience miracles like that... big and small. The "trick" is to align yourself completely with the Creator. Concretely, that looks like this: Open your mind and heart to the fact (and VIEW it as a fact!) that there are no coincidences and everything happens for a reason, and that God/the Great Spirit/Creator is guiding you at every moment of your life.

Now, the "bad" things that happen to us are not put upon us by God; they're of our own making because we don't listen to that guidance. (I've learned, though, to even view those "bad" things as mere challenges that, if overcome and analyzed properly, can make you grow spiritually and emotionally like nothing else. The happy times often leave us complacent; it's the challenging times that really make us grow.)

Therefore, train yourself to listen, until you do so every moment of every day. Start following your "hunches," listen to your intuition (which is God's guidance), look for outer signs and synchronicities. The more you pay attention, the more frequently they will happen... until your entire life becomes one of magic and miracles.

Learn again to see the world without cynicism, but instead with awe and wonder and amazement. Give people the benefit of the doubt and don't judge them too harshly, no matter what they do. Realize that God sees the bigger picture, you don't -- and give yourself completely over to that realization, as in "Thy Will Be Done," and then listen and look for that guidance.

As Jesus said, unless you are like children, you will not see the kingdom of God. I believe that to mean that we should all go through life with wonder and gratitude and a simple love and adoration for the Creator and creation. If you can do that, you will live a truly enchanted life.
edit on 27-1-2012 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet

Most likely a demon.

"........Darkness will be prefered to light..
No eyes will raise to heaven.
The pure shall be thought insane
and the impure will be honoured as wise.
The madman will be believed brave,
and the wicked esteemed as good.
Knowledge of the immortal soul
will be laughed at and denied.
No revent words worthy of heaven
will be heard or believed........."

Thoth Egyptian scribe

Shame on you.
edit on 26-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2012 by artistpoet because: typos

Thanks for the support.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
OP do you have an link to the rest of her work or any photos interviews or sites?

Would appreciate it very much

Love

Elf

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
OP do you have an link to the rest of her work or any photos interviews or sites?

Would appreciate it very much

Love

Elf

The only thing I could find was this article.

Oh, wait, here's another one.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

wow, thank you sylvie.
makes me wonder if you have seen some of my posts? I have not been bashful about my husbands death at the age of 46.
I also believe everything happens for a reason, I'm still wondering about that 1 reason in particular though.
I like you're style and insight. I'll keep an eye on you....
thank you.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay
reply to post by sylvie

wow, thank you sylvie.
makes me wonder if you have seen some of my posts? I have not been bashful about my husbands death at the age of 46.
I also believe everything happens for a reason, I'm still wondering about that 1 reason in particular though.
I like you're style and insight. I'll keep an eye on you....
thank you.

Sorry for your loss. I believe -- and of course that's just me -- that everyone has a certain allotted time per incarnation, and that we very well might determine (or help determine) that time frame between lives. My God doesn't punish people by killing them off or, as some say euphemistically, "call them to him." I believe we do this ourselves by laying out some sort of blueprint for our next life, incl. the milestones, inherent talents and skills, as well as major challenges and our time of death.

In our nonphysical soul state, I believe, we decide what challenges we want to take on and how long our earthly existence will be that time -- the more challenges, the more spiritual growth; some souls (the more advanced ones) might come back just so they can teach OTHERS a spiritual lesson. I've read often that kids who've died early, for example, were extremely loving and psychic; some of them even remembered their past lives or told their parents they came "from the stars" and some such. Those kids can be a true blessing for their parents, even though they may not stay very long. Same with adults. Someone might want to go through giving and receiving love in a committed relationship, and once that goal is fulfilled, they feel they can go (not that most people are consciously aware of this, but on a soul level they are; how else could you explain how many people who aren't even sick at the time nor are especially psychic seem to foresee that they'll die soon?).

Anyway, I'm babbling, but I do believe that's how our lifespans are determined. My son, when he was between 2 and 3, told me a few times, "I want to go home" (when he was actually in our own house). It freaked me out and I used to plead with him, telling him that he WAS home and he should stay with Mommy and Daddy because we would be so sad if he left. I truly think back then he had a choice to leave, but then chose to hang in there, for our sake. It wasn't even that he was sick or anything, it was just a feeling I had.

P.S. You may also want to read and/or watch personal accounts of near-death experiences. Most of those people said what they saw and felt was so breathtakingly beautiful that they only very reluctantly went back into their bodies. That was always a solace for me; of course it doesn't help much if you're the one who's left behind and missing your loved one like crazy. I know I'd miss my husband with every fiber of my heart; however, apparently your time is not over yet, and you still have stuff to do.

If you don't know what that is, you can find out. Make a request to God/Spirit/Creator; for example like this:

"Infinite Spirit, please show me my divine destiny and guide me on the path to my life's fulfillment. Let me walk the path that you intended for me to walk and become the best and highest version of me that I can be."

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Could have been one of the ET's that look out for us and protect us!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Most likely a demon.

I saw a vision of a beautiful lady at the foot of my bed and for years I believed it was the Blessed Mother.
Now I kind of think it could have been a trick of the devil to make me feel blessed myself.

God knows and it isn't important that I know as I love Our Lady regardless.

I'm not denying this happened to you. I believe you. This lady sounds like a saint whether you believe in them or not.

Thanks for sharing.
edit on 1/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

you sound a little bit like Sylvia Brown, I've looked into a lot of stuff since Nick died.
He always always said he would die young. It was like he just always knew. And for the last year of his life on earth, he really was ready to go. It was like he was just waiting. Hindsight is 20/20....

As for NDE's, I've read every one on here I think. absolutely fascinating. I so want to believe there is more to life than just this earthly presence. And I have it stuck in my head that when Nick had his heart attack he came to a 'Y' in the road. one way was lit and beautiful, filled with love, wisdom and light. The other led back to earth. I don't think he hesitated.
For some reason, he felt he had fulfilled his purpose
And me, I'm still looking.
I'll try your 'request'.. I like your 'non-denominational' approach.
You don't live near Ohio do you? I'd sure enjoy meeting you.
thanks for all your insight and advice, I appreciate it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The truth is that "satan" and "mother mary" and "demons" are all fictional characters. Just like Smurfs, Peter Pan, and Mickey Mouse.

Fictional. They are adult "Santa Clause" characters for adults.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
The truth is that "satan" and "mother mary" and "demons" are all fictional characters. Just like Smurfs, Peter Pan, and Mickey Mouse.

Fictional. They are adult "Santa Clause" characters for adults.

Yes, but what do you call a wave of unconditional love bursting from a total strager towards you? Id call it a weird positive experience...either way it is a nice thing to feel, whatever you call it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

Thanks for sharing the story and the poem. I can see why so many like her poems. Thanks for starting a new thread as well since I probably would have missed it otherwise.

If you think of another link to her poems I would be interested in that.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Just thought I'd chime in here that there is no reason for you to feel compelled to post here when you believe in nothing of this nature. If you cannot comprehend it, please do not visit these threads or comment in a negative manner.

And it's Santa Claus. A clause is something else altogether.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join