It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to Cut Oil Exports to Europe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Iran to Cut Oil Exports to Europe

www.tehrantimes.com

“The third reason is that the Europeans, due to their need for Iran’s oil, will be compelled to buy Iran’s oil indirectly and through intermediaries, and this will inflict more expenses on them.”

“European firms have no alternative but to enter into contracts with us since abandoning Iran’s oil would mean the extinguishing of the candles of their economic lives.”

In addition, MP Emad Hosseini told the Mehr News Agency on Wednesday that the plan may be discussed at an open session of the Majlis by January 29.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
it seems to be one nice solution from Iranian point of view.

Europe decided they will impose sanctions in Spring...

why not in winter?

maybe because Europe needs oil for heating as well?

anyway, it will be interesting situation if Iran actually do this.

Iran-Oil-War situation is getting more and more complicated and I wonder if somebody*** wanted this kind of situation when the price of oil will (once more) skyrocket.

I know you all wonder who that might be, we do not have a definitive answer yet---

www.tehrantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
"Stickem up folks! Give us all your money!"

I hope you're all ready to get robbed at the pumps.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
We Brits are already paying £1.30 per litre of unleaded petrol. Now hearing about this it will for sure push that to £5.00 a litre in no time. Gas & Electric here is already high with latest price rises and we can't afford our bills as more are losing their jobs. I bet you soon we will all see F.E.M.A camps around europe from the UN. We must now act and protest this as its no game anymore, they are playing with our lives. To all of our neighbours over the pond we wish you the best and keep up the fight.

x

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
do you think Iran is just talking or they will actually do this?

they said they will redirect their oil to China and India?

will they really do this?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well I think they have nothing to lose as they are preparing for war now. If they think they have no chance winning then they will not go down alone. We all suffer as due from TPTB who think its fun to kill people and deceive. But that's my personal opinion.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I saw some days ago that the biggest importers of Iranian oil are Italy, Spain and Greece, so I wonder why someone would want to force those countries to buy oil from a different source.

Apparently, Iranian oil is also cheaper, but some OPEC countries are ready to sell oil at a slightly lower price...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I know if I was in charge in Iran, I would take the lead.

Why wait till summer to let the EU find other sources of oil, then they boycott you.

I would stop the flow of oil today, let them have the hardships being put on Iran.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Thats what we get for implenting sanctions, Iran will make so much more money this way hahah
I have to comend ahmadinejad for his tactics with everything he has been threatened with he still finds a way to not be bowed love it

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I saw some days ago that the biggest importers of Iranian oil are Italy, Spain and Greece, so I wonder why someone would want to force those countries to buy oil from a different source.

Apparently, Iranian oil is also cheaper, but some OPEC countries are ready to sell oil at a slightly lower price...

Thanks for the source but what's strange is that Greece are bankrupt that's why they are going to be removed from the EU. As someone has posted that greece don't want britain to export the illigal immigrants back to their country.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
maybe now, we will learn to respect people of other nations since we admit we need them all.

or we live in caves, who decides?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I might be a bit off topic here but hear me out please, The States and Europe want the Iranian oil frozen with no movement.
Now the States also this past week killed the "Keystone" pipeline here in Canada.
This oil is now bound for China and Asia too but mostly China.

Do I not see people shooting themselves in the foot?
Could all this be intentional?
I say yes, In my opinion only this is a contrived action to get a reaction from the people when their heating bills quadruple or worse.
Regards, Iwinder.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The title of the article you linked to is ‘Iranian MPs mulling plan to cut oil exports to Europe.’

The title of your post is misleading.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The headline is incorrect - it is supposed to be quote of the headline from the article, which reads:

Iranian MPs mulling plan to cut oil exports to Europe

IMO it is just Tehran trying to hide that the EU has banned future oil imports from Iran from the domestic Iranian audience.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

All of which, should the NTC remain, have Libyan oil to fall back on, perhaps?

Top importers for Libyan oil presently:

France
Germany
Italy
Greece
Spain

Source

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
I might be a bit off topic here but hear me out please, The States and Europe want the Iranian oil frozen with no movement.
Now the States also this past week killed the "Keystone" pipeline here in Canada.
This oil is now bound for China and Asia too but mostly China.

Do I not see people shooting themselves in the foot?
Could all this be intentional?
I say yes, In my opinion only this is a contrived action to get a reaction from the people when their heating bills quadruple or worse.
Regards, Iwinder.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

You have a good point as there are TPTB blood-line families in China so they want more money coming in maybe to start war on american and Britain who knows.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Do you think if Iran gets attacked then China & Russia might back them up? Just a thought

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I believe they will do this, actually they don't have any other option.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

looks like Iran has a few "sanctions" of their own in mind !!

They use their own oil, right ?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Wait a minute.

The European Union announced that they will stop importing oil from Iran.

...And Iran's response is to stop exporting oil to Europe?

Which genius came up with that plan?
edit on 26-1-2012 by Whipfather because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join