It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post Non-nuclear World War 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Einstein said "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones".

But what if he were wrong? What if no nuclear weopons were used and the superpowers had a gentleman`s agreement that only conventional weapons would be used - with the exception of Israel defending itself of course.

I was wondering what the world would look like after I read about the escalating dispute about the Falkland Islands. What if there was a conventional war there over a long period. The UK could probably not afford to continue a long conventional war and so the Falkland Islands become Malvinas.

This video also made me curious:

The US and Europe will invade and control Iran using conventional weapons if they start the war soon enough.

The Muslim Brotherhood will take control of northern Africa excluding the oil sites/refiniries/ports which will be heavily guarded probably with nuclear weapons by the US and Europe.

China would take over Japan. There may be some hesitation before invading Australia using conventional forces. The west of the USA and the east of Russia may be vulnerable to a conventional Chinese invasion.

India and Pakistan would go to conventional war with each other with millions of lives lost. Eventually a truce will be called for.

Afghanistan would be given up as a lost cause as we all know any "solution" there is temporary.

Parts of England and France would become Muslim enclaves following a civil war.

South America would be stable and just continue with coc aine exportation.

Central Africa would be unaffected.

edit on 26-1-2012 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr treg
The US and Europe will invade and control Iran using conventional weapons if they start the war soon enough.

If they attack, it will be aerial bombardment with limited boots on the ground. Most likely small teams of special forces to deal with contingencies. Occupying Iran will certainly enrage Russia and China, driving them to action.

The Muslim Brotherhood will take control of northern Africa excluding the oil sites/refiniries/ports which will be heavily guarded probably with nuclear weapons by the US and Europe.
Well, the Muslim Brotherhood is certainly working towards these ends. I doubt the US have nuclear weapons on site at these areas though. There are many means to deliver weapons if need be.

China would take over Japan. There may be some hesitation before invading Australia using conventional forces. The west of the USA and the east of Russia may be vulnerable to a conventional Chinese invasion.

Its this fear that may drive Japan to develop nuclear weapons. There is suspicion they have the means and materials and could put one together at quick notice.

India and Pakistan would go to conventional war with each other with millions of lives lost. Eventually a truce will be called for.

The war between these two could go nuclear very quickly. Pakistan would be steamrolled very quickly and would probably launch one or two as a show of resolve or simply attempt a decapitation strike early. Not sure why your suggesting a US/Iran war will ignite this war however.

edit on 26-1-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Its this fear that may drive Japan to develop nuclear weapons. There is suspicion they have the means and materials and could put one together at quick notice.

6-18 months I've seen quoted as the time it would take the Japanese to develop nuclear weapons, most likely at the short end of the scale, although I think it requires a change in their constitution. Regarding the ops statement, the Chinese would find it very hard to take over Japan through conventional means. They've a large, well equipped, modern military with a hardworking population that would fight to the end.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
You should modify either the title either the content, because what you have ''predicted'' is NOT a world war, but only a list with many regional wars.

Any world war NOW would involve 2 alliances fighting eachother.US will side with Europe.Russia and China CANNOT win if they are not togheter OR have an ally like India / Pakistan.

If India starts a war with pak, US will side with India, and China with Pak.China fighting Japan will draw US on Japan side.Same for Australia.If Europe goes after Iran, China and Pakistan will side with Iran, and probably Russia also.

NATO is way to powerful, and nothing less than China + Russia will lose, nuclear war or not.

So, a world war will most likely have NATO, India, Israel, SK on one side and Russia, China, Iran, NK, Pakistan on the other side.And that is WITHOUT considering Northern African nation and Central and South American nations.They might stay neutral, or they might not.

There might be also some civil wars BUT not before the military wars are over.

new topics

top topics

join