It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could YOU be an assassin and not remember? The most frightening video you will ever see!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
British hypnotist Derren Brown, in this premier episode from his series "The Experiments", demontrates how an average person can be programmed to assassinate a public figure, in a public place, while retaining no memory of the event.

The video runs 47 minutes and I would urge anyone with any interest in MK-ULTRA, Sirhan-Sirhan or Oklahoma city to watch it in its entirety.

This is truly disturbing and will make you question what can be, and possibly HAS been, done with a few "harmless" suggestions.

Personally, I am still in shock at what you are about to view. Enjoy!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
'The Manchurian candidate', 'Bourne Identity 'are based on unknowing assasins. Whether post hypnotism would have also been involved, I'm not sure but seems more than likely. You could start here, and get more info on MKULTRA www.freezone.de... all real stuff.

There was a presidents commision on the subject set up by Gerald Ford, you can find it on WIKI, their pesky links don't work easily here.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

This program is not the same thing as what you are suggesting a decent hypnotherapist could make must of us do this with the same triggers and set up. This program fooled the viewer not the participant. At all times the participant knew he was part of a television program and was in a safe controlled environment, in essence the man knew that he would never actually be killing anyone both consciously and subconsciously. I'm not saying that it couldn't be done ever but to try and link this program with anything like MK Ultra is really stretching it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Im not really buying it. He says the audience was not prepped but yet they are all clapping for him to come on stage? Is this guy some famous celebrity or something because usually at public televised events they prep the qudience to clap when the show starts. They also have "laugh" signs, etc, so my first question was, was this audience prepped to clap? sort of destroys the rest of his premise. I tried his hypnosis thing but couldnt even follow along "breath and then become tense" not even sure what that means, nor did I forget my name. Im interested in mkultra but i dont really buy this. The audience didnt just show up for some show that turned out to be about hynosis, they must have had some prepearation in some way.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the info and the link Smurfy. Actually, I am familiar with most of the published literature on the topic having been keenly interested in the possibilities since hearing the Robert Kennedy assassination "live" on the radio.

Scorrick: You point is well taken in as much as the subject was aware that he was on a TV program. However, he was NOT aware of what (if anything) he would be programmed to do. The "shoe" demonstration was quite compelling, as well as the "dry run" in the restaurant followed by the polygraph. Also, seeing a hypnotherapist declare that what was proposed was impossible was somewhat telling. May I suggest you watch the entire program before leaping to conclusions? Unless the program was a complete hoax (and I'm not ruling out that possibility), the evidence presented was quite convincing.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Derren Brown is quite well known in Britain, and in the preamble he states quite clearly that the audience was aware that they were to appear on his new television series and that some would be selected for demonstrations. What was NOT disclosed to the audience members was the underlying premise of the episode or the selection process for the primary subject.

Brown has also appeared in the U.S. in a number of specials which I'm sure can be found on YouTube.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Im not really buying it. He says the audience was not prepped but yet they are all clapping for him to come on stage? Is this guy some famous celebrity or something because usually at public televised events they prep the qudience to clap when the show starts. They also have "laugh" signs, etc, so my first question was, was this audience prepped to clap? sort of destroys the rest of his premise. I tried his hypnosis thing but couldnt even follow along "breath and then become tense" not even sure what that means, nor did I forget my name. Im interested in mkultra but i dont really buy this. The audience didnt just show up for some show that turned out to be about hynosis, they must have had some prepearation in some way.

I didn't watch the video (it doesnt work for me for some reason)

But if your talking about Derren Brown, then yes he's famous, and has many shows with similar crazy themes. And the audience usually go to see him knowing he's going to show them something interesting with mind tricks. He also tends to choose people he senses are easier to hypnotize to do tricks on. Some people can't be hypnotized or at least it's harder to hypnotize them.
edit on 26-1-2012 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

I did in fact watch the whole program and wasn't really impressed by any of it I have a hypnotherapist in my family and what I'm saying is the fact that he knew he was on a game show and knowing the type of program that derren brown does made the guy feel comfortable to the point of knowing that they wouldn't let any harm come to anyone which is why the acid test worked so well

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I remember getting chills when I watched this!

I can't remember why I didn't post it. The end was very touching, I think I cried!

To think this has been done to people is awful. Those ruined lives and wrongful deaths.

Very disturbing. Taking away free will is despicable.

Namaste

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
To me if freewill is truly taken then it is Game-Over...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Derren Brown is very well known all over England/Europe.
Been watching his stuff for years, and Im american. lol
So not just in Europe.

This is very real, whether people "buy it" or not.
Brown is one of the most brilliant minds ever, in my opinion.
and even though I don;t fully agree with him on many things..
Many I do agree with him on. lol

Anyway...
This is a great episode, watch the whole 45-50 minutes if you can.

You most certainly could be made to kill another human without having any memory/recall of doing it.
and it's really not that hard to do.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
Thanks for the info and the link Smurfy. Actually, I am familiar with most of the published literature on the topic having been keenly interested in the possibilities since hearing the Robert Kennedy assassination "live" on the radio.

possibility), the evidence presented was quite convincing.

No probs, although if you are genned up, I fail to see how you would be ultimately shocked since MKULTRA did use hypnotism in their arsenal. I have seen post hypnotism performed in a humourous way, on a local hereabouts many years ago by Edwin Heath R.I.P. It involved the guy at the end of the show, running around the whole town shouting, "The greatest show on Earth" and that's exactly what he did, he ran round the whole town ringing a bell. In that case there was a verbal cue.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
To combat this effect of hypnotism, you just need to be able to hypnotize yourself into believing you can not be hypnotized!
probably wouldn't work against an expert in the field! But the more you know about what triggers they use, and what words ,and states of mind; the better you will be at combating them!

Look up NLP and research techniques! It'll blow your mind when you start to see things with clarity! Don't always assume that someone who misspells a word, or puts a different word when another should have been used is stupid! They are probably manipulating you!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sounds like "The Manchurian Candidate" to me...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Star & Flag.

The episode was very entertaining... to say the least.... oh my god! Wow!

Summary of the video:
In the beginning of the program, the hypnotist screened his initial audience using various hypnotic and suggestibility games. He determined the top tier most suggestible guy out of that audience. He picked the cream of the crop. Throughout the following weeks, the hypnotist implanted a compartmentalized dissociative persona (the marksman) within the psyche of the potential assassin. The hypnotist also implanted certain triggers into his mind to enter a hypnotic trance and also to activate the 'marksman' personality. And to top it off, he hypnotically conditioned the potential assassin to undergo amnesia when triggered.

Wow.

I have been intrigued by hypnotism since the first time I saw people put chickens and alligators into hypnotic trances.

The "Hypnotic Handshake" and Neuro-Linguistic Programming really moved my understanding of hypnotism past the fun and games of stage hypnotists.

How can we be sure we are safe within our own minds? How can we know that we are aware of REAL reality? This science is one of the most frightening in my opinion.

A hypnotically conditioned assassin is extremely real from my understandings.

edit on 1/26/12 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hi,

Derren Brown is damned good. I'll admit it.

But...

Once he tried giving a street hotdog trader a blank bit of paper instead of a real banknote and started walking away.
The honest awake/aware trader was having non of it! He said "HEY mate! What's THIS? I want REAL money!".

BUSTED!

Derren Brown investigates the world of Lou Gentile, a top American ghost hunter who for the last 20 years has been helping the haunted and possessed of America.
derrenbrown.co.uk...

DERREN BROWN IS ANOTHER JAMES RANDI...THEY BOTH KNOW THE "PARANORMAL" EXISTS IS "REAL",
BUT "MANIPULATE EVERYTHING" TO SHOW IT AS "LOONY"!

I - neotech1neothink - hold Derren Brown personally responsible for the "hounding and breaking the spirit of the honest ghost hunter Lou Gentile" leading to his - Lou's - later death.

I wrote a comment on Derren Browns Blog challenging him MY PROVING (my getting revenge for his slaughtering Lou Gentile) "REVERSE SPEECH IS REAL USING DERREN'S OWN WORDS TAKEN FROM HIS LOU GENTILE EPISODE".

Derren ignored and deleted my comment/s.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

I was not shocked by the fact that these techniques exist and have certainly been used. I have personally experienced hypno-anesthesia in a dental setting.

What I found shocking was to actually see the results of applying these methods for the express purpose of duplicating the Sirhan-Sirhan scenario.

That is seriously creepy.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
i seen this ages ago but still very interesting.
stephen fry is a good sport getting shot in one of his shows.
if you like this then look for derren browns russian roulette.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
That video wasnt half as frightening as this video. Very eerie!

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
reply to post by smurfy

I was not shocked by the fact that these techniques exist and have certainly been used. I have personally experienced hypno-anesthesia in a dental setting.

What I found shocking was to actually see the results of applying these methods for the express purpose of duplicating the Sirhan-Sirhan scenario.

That is seriously creepy.

where do you think hypno-"amnesia" "anesthesia" came from? You find this shocking? This is what MK Ultra was about, among other things: how to control the mind, induce action without the subject knowing...always without the subject knowing nor remembering. Not to be jaded (can't help that I truly am), but it is not only my belief, but my experience, that this is expressly why such techniques were developed to begin with.

edit on 28-2-2012 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join