It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Azerbaijan arrests plot suspects, cites Iran link

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Azerbaijan arrests plot suspects, cites Iran link

www.reuters.com

Authorities in Azerbaijan, a former Soviet republic bordering Iran, have arrested two men suspected of plotting to attack prominent foreigners including Israel's ambassador and a local rabbi, officials and media reported on Wednesday.

The National Security Ministry said the men were connected to an Iranian citizen who had links with Iran's intelligence.

Azerbaijan, a secular Muslim country, is home to more than 9,000 Jews and has friendly ties with Israel and the United States. A major energy producer, it exports oil to Israel and imports weapons and military hardware.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.boilingfrogspost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Israel used "false flag" operation to recruit anti-Iran militants, report alleges

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This sounds like a total fabrication, they even throw in some hackers to thicken the plot.

Anyone remember who was just exposed for posing as CIA agents in Iran to recruit terrorists? If not let me remind you, Mossad. Yeah I said it!

If Israel will hire anti-Iran operatives, who's to say they won't switch it up and hire people to cause some destruction and make sure it gets linked to Iran?

The propaganda is getting pretty heavy folks.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
From the OP:

Security ministry says suspects had indirect links with Iranian intelligence

Just like Mohamed Atta had links to Saddam

Just replace "Iraq" with "Iran" in the old script leading up to the Iraq invasion and you have exactly what's happening now.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
On another note I now have a new country in my vocabulary. Thanks Iran

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
propaganda at work, again...

so guys, what do you think, how long before the actual attack if we compare this with Iraq?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

The rabbit hole just got a bit deeper...

THE AZERBAIJAN-ISRAEL RELATIONS: A NON-DIPLOMATIC, BUT STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP

Here is a portion of the PDF:

During his visit to Azerbaijan in order to participate in the annual Caspian Oil
and Gas show in Baku, Benjamin Ben-Eliezer said that his country was
interested in exporting Azerbaijani oil. “We and the Azerbaijani side are
interested in transporting Azerbaijani oil from Ceyhan through the ‘AshkelonElot’ pipeline towards the Red Sea and from there to such large markets as
India and China,” he said. “This pipeline is the shortest and cheapest way from
the Mediterranean to the Red Sea”.
Over the past year, discussions have
begun examining the feasibility of a pipeline corridor – with the possibility of
carrying oil and natural gas from Turkey to Israel. Such a plan, if carried out,
would extend the position of Azerbaijan crude oil to the edge of the Indian
Ocean
In an interview with the Azeri News agency APA, Israeli former Ambassador
Arthur Lenk said that, “Israel is Azerbaijan’s second largest partner in the
business field” on April 29, 2009. “Israel purchases oil from Azerbaijan and it
assumes great importance for us. According to the outcomes of 2008, the
commodity turnover between the two countries totals $180 million, but we
don’t want to be satisfied with this figure. We are eager to have more
business”. The Ambassador also stressed that we will try to increase the trade
turnover between Azerbaijan and Israel, which in January-March 2009 reached
$180 million.

These business deals seem a bit too convenient.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
thanks for this OP

It is amazing the lengths people will go to create a "crisis" I understand that there is allot of money to be made, but damn, at some point the logic of self preservation should kick in and make these MAD MEN stop their game of world chess for a minute to advance the human race beyond the monkeys with cloths point we are currently stagnated at.

Imagine if all this effort was put in to say, education, or solving health issues or like science.

One day the crisis will be real and be a threat to all sides, and we will just run around like apes in fancy cars screaming like idiots "why can't we do anything about it?"

The thing is these guys have dedicated their entire lives to this sort of thing. They are the old guard of morons holding us back and giving humanity a bad name in general. sucks to be them.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Next,

we will hear that Azerbaijan has terrorist groups that have old USSR nukes.

And that Iran owns them !!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The more I look into this, the more this plot stinks:

Nuclear Iran would pose 'no threat' to Azerbaijan

Iran’s possession of nuclear weapons will have no significant impact on the situation in the region, since the possession of nuclear weapons in a number of countries in the region, specifically India, Pakistan and Israel, has not transformed these states into key players in world affairs.

The article is contradicting. Iran isn't a threat but they're seeking nuclear weapons?

See what they did there?

A mild form of hypnosis.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: holes in my brain and fofgot a word

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

The more I look into this, the more this plot stinks:

Nuclear Iran would pose 'no threat' to Azerbaijan

Iran’s possession of nuclear weapons will have no significant impact on the situation in the region, since the possession of nuclear weapons in a number of countries in the region, specifically India, Pakistan and Israel, has not transformed these states into key players in world affairs.

The article is contradicting. Iran isn't a threat but they're seeking nuclear weapons?

See what they did there?

A mild form of hypnosis.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: holes in my brain and fofgot a word

Sounds to me like that article last month triggered another Mossad ops.

Could Iran use a nuclear weapon against Israel?

No one in their right mind would use nuclear weapons. Iran would never use a nuclear weapon to put into practice its statements that it will spare no effort to raze Israel from the ground. Any use of this weapon will lead to the end of the world. The leadership of Iran, despite the degree of their religiousness, are sane and realize the implications of such a step.

As usual, we now see brand new "victims" of some new-fangled plot

AND Next, we may even hear about a diabolical plot from ..... Mongolia !!

March 11, 2011 03:30 PM

Iran has been steadily increasing its ties with Mongolia and 2010 was a year of increased Iranian overtures toward Ulaanbaatar. In another manifestation of how democratic Mongolia and Iran are looking towards substantially developing their economic ties, in early December 2010, it was announced that a new Mongolian-Iranian joint venture entitled Bayan Meat, Ltd., had signed a sheep meat export contract with Mongolia’s largest meat slaughterhouse, Mahimpex of Ulaanbaatar. Mahimpex is owned by Jenco, whose wealthy President, Khaltmaa Battulga, has been the Mongolian Minister for Road, Transport, Construction and Urban Development of Mongolia since 2008.

and if THAT isn't enough ......

During 2010, Iran had been exploring its options for [color=gold]Mongolian raw uranium. On October 19, 2010, the Mongolian President Ts. Elbegdorj received the newly accredited Iranian Ambassador Mehdi Safari, former Deputy Foreign Minister, who took up his strategic post in Beijing in the summer of 2010 as part of Iran’s plan to shore up Chinese support for its controversial nuclear program (October 19, 2010, politics.news.mn/content/35058.shtml). It may not have been a coincidence that Safari made his first appearance in Ulaanbaatar less than one week after France and Mongolia signed a cooperation agreement in the nuclear energy field, covering uranium exploration and exploitation by Areva, the French nuclear power company. Areva, which has been expanding its presence from Kazakhstan into Asia, has been cooperating with Japan’s Mitsubishi Corporation since December 2009 on uranium exploration licenses on more than 14,000 square kilometers in Mongolia’s Dornogobi and Sukhbaatar provinces.

Strong interest by foreign investors in Mongolia’s uranium deposits has been a feature of the past year.

Mongolian-Iranian Relations Colored by Meat and Uranium

They better hope that those Mongolians don't get too pissed off.

Genghis Khan would have given Mossad a run for their money !!

Remember Him, He's the guy that ransacked a whole lot of places

Mongol Empire

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Good detective work

A few months ago I would have called you crazy for mentioning a hypothetical plot from Mongolia, but now this type of theory fits in the realm of normality.

This Mongolia/Iran relationship could be part of the reason China and Russia are publicly defending Iran. Who needs TV when we can just try and follow world politics.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Gee, debunking your own sources again C.E.???

Let's take a look at some history on the Caspian Sea? Shall we?

International Disputes

Negotiations related to the demarcation of the Caspian Sea have been going on for nearly a decade among the states bordering the Caspian - Azerbaijan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Iran.

Current Situation

Russia, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan have agreed to a solution about their sectors. There are no problems between Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan, but the latter is not actively participating, so there is no agreement either. Azerbaijan is at odds with Iran over some oil fields that the both states claim.

There have been occasions where Iranian patrol boats have opened fire at vessels sent by Azerbaijan for exploration into the disputed region. There are similar tensions between Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan (the latter claims that the former has pumped more oil than agreed from a field, recognized by both parties as shared). Less acute are the issues between Turkmenistan and Iran. Regardless, the southern part of the sea remains disputed.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Deet, please explain how I debunked my own source. The sources I provided helped support my statements. It's pretty lazy of you to post some random content and then claim it "debunks" my argument without taking the time to elaborate. Is you're keyboard broken?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Deet, come back...

I would like a response.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Did you call?

Sorry, I just couldn't help but notice that you used Reuters twice as your main news source, used it's quotes, and then said it was a fabrication instead of using your boilingfrogspost as your main source of ideas.

As for my reply, I thought it did a pretty good job of describing long term tensions between Azerbaijan and Iran, therefore giving merit to your Reuters source that Iran could very well be behind the plot.

Why? Is there any update on this story? I'd be interested in any updates you've got.

new topics

top topics

join