It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some drawings I did.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I just wanted to share these with you and get opinions on them, more just wanted to share lol. I welcome feedback both good and bad

Still working on that one, I have the figure on the left done I think I might just cut out the king on the thrown.

This was my version of an imp.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I can dig it, nice work
Are you going to add color or leave it black and white? I bet some tattoo artist would like these too.

Thanks for sharing,
spec

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
That imp does not look evil at all...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You are talented....don't waste it.

The themes might not be up my alley but I still see the potential you have.
edit on 26-1-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist

I can dig it, nice work
Are you going to add color or leave it black and white? I bet some tattoo artist would like these too.

Thanks for sharing,
spec

Gonna leave them black and white. I have several drawings like this I have done over the last few months.
A couple of them I am going to turn into paintings.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Thank you.

My mom used to always ask me why I cannot draw anything nice and then just recently my daughter did too....lol
It is just not what is in my head I guess. Nice is in the eye of the beholder. I like dark creepy things. Dark art, and especially dragon art.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Here are a few more:

This one is called Some Dragons are wise.
It is my next painting project I think.
Made a poem that goes with it and everything lol

Some dragons are Curious.
Another possible painting.

Some Dragons are Furious.
I loved this one.
So I put it in an art program to see what I could do:

Was the end result.

An Orc Lord!

Ok, that's it for now lol

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Spookyjack

No, not evil at all lol

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
As an artist myself, I can appreciate your talent. I also am a fan of high detail, especially in a pen & ink medium, and use it quite a bit. Looks like you're using a typical ballpoint? Keep up the good work.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Try to focus your creative abilty on a landscape, dont think "water colour light colurs, walks in the park" LOL

I mean like a scene from lord of the rings accross at the mordor mountain, reds greys, browns, oranges, yellows, blues something moody.

This is just an idea at diverting your tellent from evil faces, you are clearly skilled why not try to push it

Im being bias here because as much as i love a great artist doing his or her thing, demonic faces and such just dont do it for me :p

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Yeah, just some black ink ballpoint I had laying around.
I am surprised I have not killed it yet.

I love doing pencil drawings really,
but after looking at pencil compared to pen and dark ink,I think I prefer the pen.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

That's what this was supposed to be when I started it lol

First painting in almost 20 years:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Now that is interesting

I like that alot, more than your pics above to be honest.

I admire your use of colours, it helps to create a great amount of mood in your drawings.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You might want to try a "Precise V5 ballpoint."
You can get them anywhere like Walmart, Target, etc, and you get 4 or 5 for a few bucks, but they allow for minute detailing and have a deep deep black ink. If you need to do some heavy shading, use the V7 version of the pen or just do what I do and use a sharpie.

Here's an example of a V5 pen & ink piece I did back in my highschool days.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

Now that is interesting

I like that alot, more than your pics above to be honest.

I admire your use of colours, it helps to create a great amount of mood in your drawings.

Thank you

That painting is still in the works, but near complete. I had to stop for a few days and really take a hard look at it before I do anything else.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

You might want to try a "Precise V5 ballpoint."
You can get them anywhere like Walmart, Target, etc, and you get 4 or 5 for a few bucks, but they allow for minute detailing and have a deep deep black ink. If you need to do some heavy shading, use the V7 version of the pen or just do what I do and use a sharpie.

Here's an example of a V5 pen & ink piece I did back in my highschool days.

That's an awesome drawing!! Next time I am at Wally world I will look into the pens. Thanks for the tip!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Im actually stunned that you had a pic of exactly what i thought would look good from you....

seriously, wow.

Anyways, you got a great artistic eye, like i sed before im bias to the non demonic face thing as a personel preference, but perhaps spread your ideas for your next peice even further out.

Perhaps your interpretation of the french cathedral Notre-Dame at night, somting along those lines.

The way you pick up on the leading lines and manage to make them more drastic with the rest of the drawing is a gift

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

They really are good pens. Also, I really like your painting. I do a little painting myself, and have just started getting into selling my work. What paint medium did you use?
I find acrylic to be the most affordable, as well as the easiest to use. It can be manipulated to work similar to oil and can be watered down to act like watercolor paint.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Actually, I have been thinking about that a lot.
I realized when I picked up the paint brush that I think I can paint just about anything. I sat and in my mind broke down all of the lightning flashes, the lighting, the well everything. I built up and tore that volcano down in my mind, and it all seemed rather easy, almost spooky easy.

I do plan on doing some buildings. Most of my drawings are gone, but I used to draw a lot of structures.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I am using acrylic. It is cheap, and works great. I don't have the time for oils. An oil painting takes months to dry. I want something I can hang on a wall within hours of finishing it lol.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join