It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help request - philanthropist with good connections required!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hi All.

I have invented and applied for a patent (EP and international PCT) for a novel drug for Parkinson's disease and addictions (particularily alcoholism). I have conducted several clandestine trials (extended phase 0 trials) of the lead compound and while the trials have been smashing success, I have got myself in trouble with the authorities. All of my belongings and my company and it's posessions were confiscated and now I am in financial crisis, trying to make out to the next day with my family and 1 year old boy. Practically everything I have owned I have invested into this patent.

I have tried to contact different organizations, such as Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons - they are only interested for giving small funds for research for academia etc - but I am an individual, this Is a no-go. What I need is a business angel for funding the Phase 1 and 2 trials as I cannot do the trials myself (because of the legal troubles) or and rather a philantropist who KNOWS someone in drug industry and can really persuade the company to in-license the product for trials.

I'm pleading here for someone to PM me if you know such philantropist. I will give details of the lead compound via e-mail when required.

Please notice that I am really not asking monetary help although it does help me to outsource the clinical trials which are required for major drug companies to even be interested.. You do the hard labour, they scoop up the cream, that's simply wrong. What I need is _real help_ from a philantrophist as I know the compoud does work. The method of action in the treatmet of alcoholism is very comparable to nalmephene. For treatment in Parkinsons I can provide some scientifically replicable data the product is even better than selegiline...

Please spread the word and help - only thing I want is to get this product to the markets - cheaply as possible since I find it wrong that people profit from other peoples misery/diseases.

EDIT: If this is in the wrong forum - please move it to appropriate one.
edit on 26-1-2012 by JackTheTripper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This whole thing sounds absurd.
Are you a chemist or an MD?
Good luck man- but if you were giving untested "drugs" to people, I see: practicing medicine without a license; willful misconduct; fraud; etc.
No one I know with money would touch this. No way no how.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

Thank you for your comments.

I am chemist.
You know - medicinal chemistry is not solely the privilege of academical society nor multi-billion industry. Please do not judge before you have all the relevant data. Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction. I am asking help because even the court had similiar response as yours.

Before drawing conclusions, please get familiar with the term phase 0 trials. I have never gave anything to anybody who has not been willing and wanting to take the substance which is not controlled - hence I used the term clandestine.

The legal difficulties has not been arised from the compound itself, but the solvent used in the process of the manufacturing the compound and some substances used in in-vitro controls for enzymes and proteins, but this is totally off-topic. And you proved to be misantrophist instead of philantrophist. Not even asking any proof via PM.

All the best to your journey.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JackTheTripper

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
Reading from my linked article, I find Phase 0 trials are early parts of the phase 1 stage. All clinical trials need to be approved by an Ethics comity before beginning said trials

These trials can take place only after satisfactory information has been gathered on the quality of the non-clinical safety, and Health Authority/Ethics Committee approval is granted in the country where the trial is taking place.

en.wikipedia.org...

My post stands as I see it, I am not a lawyer nor Doctor, and have only a layman's outlook. But if you started a clinical study and got shut down, it sounds like something untoward happened.
You do also point out that the courts agree with me. So just move on to finding the next wonder drug. That's would be awesome for you and everybody. But the safety checks are there for a reason.

I didn't ask proof, because I have no interest in having friends involved in dealings which will end in a loss of money or liberty to them. If that makes me misanthropic, so be it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Again - you have misunderstood. The problems arised from the use of controlled solvent in the process which is totally unrelevent and apart from the lead compound and related trials. If you consider juridical offence hinders the usage of a novel compound as potential treatment, so mote it be - farewell. There must be philanthropists around as well.

My favourite quote/motto has always been Mahatma Gandhis "“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win". The negative consensus and/or thoughts for my altruistic and philantrophic pursues have made me think should I change my motto to the biblical "do not throw your pearls before swine". Think about it, master. I do not lose anything. But if you or your peer has Parkinsons or addiction to alcohol - then remember this situation.

I beg the following replies to concentrate on the topic rather to point me what I should've done differently.

edit on 26-1-2012 by JackTheTripper because: There are issues when the end may justifiy the means...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Good Sir (or Lady),

I am trying to understand.
What you are telling me is You have a compound you know "works" to treat a desease. You are using a "controled solvent" in the manufacture of said drug. You have given "clandestine" Phase 0 trials. And you are now in financial and legal trouble.

However, the article I linked in my second post states
"These Phase 0 studies have no therapeutic or diagnostic purpose."
So the claim of knowing it works becomes suspect. As well as "clandestine" sanctioned trials.

A controlled solvent should not have gotten to the trial stage.
I would think it would be caught by peer review.

It may be that this drug works, but you went about introducing it the wrong way. And now your stuck.
Look, I had a cousin who died from complications with an experimental drug. And that study was legit.
I know, I'm just rehashing all my points from my first post, but you keep giving me more reason, to be suspect of your wonder drug.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

This pledge for help, ladies and gentlemen, is to be read, not misread, for that would be a perversion of the genuine concerns to uphold essential principles in which it is rooted. I am very sorry for your loss. Yet, I am not willing to have a public discussion about the lead compound. Moreso I have never implied the controlled solvent is the active pharmaceutical ingredient. Every single drug has side effects.

I have, however, implied that the drug work as expected while doing extended phase 0 trials in clandestine manner. While this cannot - yet - be academically proofed (this is the reason for the original post!), I do have in silico models which I am willing to share - private.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I was going to bow out of this conversation, due to your edit/request to stay on the OP subject rather than ethics.
But than I saw:

Originally posted by JackTheTripper

edit on 26-1-2012 by JackTheTripper because: There are issues when the end may justifiy the means...

Putting people at risk because "the ends justify the means. . ."
No sir. Never. That is dangerous territory, and places one's ego over the welfare of humanity. I am stunned.

BTW thank you for the condolences- It was about 5 years ago and I agree it was his decision.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The edit quote was rather about this conversation - I totally agree with you never to put people in risk for one's ego over the welfare of humanity. The goal is to get the compound to be academically and properly tested and then to the market.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackTheTripper

The edit quote was rather about this conversation - I totally agree with you never to put people in risk for one's ego over the welfare of humanity. The main goal is to get the compound to be academically and properly tested.

I agree with your "main goal." What is frustrating me in this conversation is that you are asking support for your "main goal" but that goal being reached is your second attempt. The first you took a gamble and got caught. Now you are asking people to help you because you got caught and lost everything. If the proof was there you should have had little trouble going through proper channels in the first place.

I believe I've said all I have to say on this matter.
Good luck to you.

ETA: The above quote is the original post. JTT edited after reading my reply.
edit on 26-1-2012 by randomtangentsrme because: Truth

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I did try to seek help - nobody was interested. I tried different universities and pharm companies. In the academic world nobody had the time or the money, in the industry nobody was (or is) interested because of the lack of succesful Phase 2 trials. I decided to pursue forward myself.

Because of the intimidation of the authorities I have no choice than seek help - If I had my funding covered, I would continue with the project myself. This is not an option, as I cannot get any loan because of the confiscation of my property and the appeal about this incident in the court. I am not looking for "second chance" as you suggest. There's a reason I am not seeking for standard funding - the interest. It is more wise to have a loan and pay the interest and give the product to those that are in need than gain huge profit. In a sense, I would be interested of establishing an open source -type of pharmaceutical company not profiting the shareholders. Because of my background I regard this as utopistic goal. But I do believe in goodness in people.

And thank you for the pep!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
ETA: The above quote is the original post. JTT edited after reading my reply.
edit on 26-1-2012 by randomtangentsrme because: Truth

No I did not - I edited it apparently while you were posting.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Please?

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Not a single contact via PM yet. I find this odd. The application is going public in this month.
edit on 2-2-2012 by JackTheTripper because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Hi Jack, I u2u'd you. I'm sorry a cannot help you. I can understand your frustration and feel sorry that you've lost everything.

Did you say this compound can help alcoholics? Or is it just derived from the same drug that is used to help alcoholics?

Edit: I can clearly see you explained this in the first line of your OP! Sorry about that.
edit on 5-2-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join