reply to post by FightingTheFuture
Sure anyone can have thier beliefs, I don't care.
Ahhh . . . yet, it SOUNDS LIKE you DO care . . . a LOT.
But don't mix the UFO-phenomena with religion.
That sounds like it is your opinion that I have some sort of on/off switch choice in the matter . . . a choice like choosing vanilla ice cream over
That's NOT REALITY, to me.
1. I believe my beliefs and cosmology to be the best fit of the puzzle pieces I observe in life. If I didn't, I'd have a DIFFERRENT set of beliefs and
a different cosmology.
2. We *ALL* operate in life from our own construct system (see George Kelly--role construct theory etc). It is impossible to operate outside such.
It's NOT a choice, per se.
3. We CAN change our construct system . . . somewhat to a lot by choice depending . . . however, we CANNOT choose to operate WITHOUT one.
4. AND we CANNOT choose to operate OUTSIDE of the one we are currently holding, construing life and the world with.
5. YOU DO THE SAME THING from within your construct system. You have NO CHOICE about that . . . other than, over time, to change your construct
system. Some changes can be relatively quick in some slices of such a construct system. IT's not per se very possible to change the whole system
overnight. And some elements would likely remain the same regardless . . . e.g. you'd tend to still construe UP as being in one direction and DOWN as
the opposite . . . as long as you were on the planet . . . regardless of what you believed about politics, religion, relationships, evolution or
6. You CANNOT
COMMUNICATE without revealing and including elements of your beliefs, your constructs, how you
construe reality and life. You can try. Given enough words over enough time, you CANNOT HELP BUT REVEAL your construct system and a lot of your
beliefs. Your word choices, sentence structure, metaphors, themes, tones etc. will all, sooner or later, give you away--as they do us all.
7. So to even ask, much less !DEMAND! that I do so is simply evidence of a gross lack of awareness of what's involved.
8. Therefore, why not be up front about it?
9. Y'all of your perspective and every other NONChristian perspective are & act VERY FREE TO DO SO ON ATS.
10. It's just that you seem to believe and feel that IT IS INTOLERABLE FOR CHRISTIANS TO DO SO.
11. Wellllllllllllll ain't that hunky dorry! What egalitarian fair-mindedness!
12. Given that it is impossible for me to talk about anything outside my construct system, I will continue to do so--particularly on a thread
MY Experiences & Perspective
. . .
13. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to endure all that 'horrific' discussion of "God" and "Jesus" as they relate to UFO's.
14. It is further IMPOSSIBLE to do, imho, and to do so accurately to the phenomena BECAUSE the UFO phenomena is INHERENTLY RELIGIOUS.
15. There's reportedly a thick book of the ET's RELIGIOUS comments, beliefs, etc.
16. They CLAIM to have created ALL the RELIGIOUS figures of history.
17. They are working toward helping the globalist powers that be set up a coercive, tyrannical ONE WORLD RELIGION worshiping satan--wherein every
global citizen refusing to do so will be killed immediately.
18. Therefore, it would be IRRESPONSIBLE, as well as DISHONEST, IMMORAL as well as AIDING, MULTIPLYING IGNORANCE for me to avoid discussing those
factors on almost ANY thread about UFO's--and certainly my own with the above title..
You are talking about jesus, satan, end of days etc.. what about the other world religions? Can you link thier beliefs with the UFO phenomena? Well
it's obvious you can't since thier beliefs are so diffrent from your own and things would no longer fit your story.
The New Age religious perspectives incorporate a LOT of UFO mumbo jumbo. They even seem to have a Christian Rapture counterfeit planned in which great
UFO ships are supposedly coming to 'relieve the earth' of those troublesome Christians by taking them away to another planet for 're-education' so
that the earth can 'progress to the next vibrational level higher.'
Evidently you'd be cheering such an even on at loud volume.
Also, satanism has certainly incorporated elements of the UFO phenomena in it's beliefs and practices.
And, IIRC, so has Mormonism.
Certainly many native American tribal religions incorporate elements of the UFO phenomena.
Australian aboriginals as well.
Ditto Ancient Chinese religions, construct systems as well as those of India and Tibet.
IIRC, Islam also can be construed to incorporate some such.
U R wrong.
edit on 29/1/2012 by BO XIAN because: fix underline