It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone pilot finds “river of blood” outside Dallas meatpacking plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is pretty nasty considering the high amount of parasites that are found in animal blood....I guess there is no limit to what people will do for a quick fix.

A drone pilot hobbyist in Dallas stumbled across a river of blood coming from a large meatpacking plant. The small drone plane had a camera equipped, which captured images of the red river, suspected of being made of pig blood from the plant

"I was looking at images after the flight that showed a blood red creek and was thinking, could this really be what I think it is? Can you really do that, surely not?" the pilot tells sUAS News. "Whatever it is, it was flat out gross. Then comes the question of who do I report this to that can find out what it is and where it is coming from."

news.yahoo.com...

The Dallas City Attorney has now cited Columbia Meat Packing Plant with numerous violations in connection with apparent runoff into city waters.

That runoff is presumed to be pig's blood and was spotted trickling into Cedar Creek which feeds into the Trinity River.

The city said any of the violations could create health and safety problems for employees, neighbors and the general public.

www.wfaa.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I bet you they get away with a slap on the wrist.

This is outright wrong and disgusting. I want to fill the owners house with pigs blood.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Blood coming from a meatpacking plant? Shocking!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

Into drinking water? Yes... Yes it is shocking.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
200 years ago, we would have killed people for contaminating our waters...

Now, we cite companies with violations...

People..

Wake up.

It's almost time to make your decision. Fight, or stop complaining about the problems.

If we don't make the decision to take the fight to the evil in this world... the decision will be made for us to succumb to it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
poor pigs or whatever animals they were. Its not the blood that is disgusting, its the people that still dont realize these animals feel pain and have families, and desire to be free to enjoy the life God gave them, just like the rest of us

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
That is disgusting! And to think, this company can use the blood to make blood meal and probably make money off of it instead they dump all that 'waste' into the environment. Imagine all the kinds of critters that are attracted to the blood. That can cause a problem too.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
talk about caught red handed!

I hope they get done, i mean no one can actually not know that blood is leaking out of their factory....

wow. shocked.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
this is nothing more than a 'positive' drone story. Drones have been getting a little bad press recently. I expect we will see a lot more BS like this in the future.
this is so when you hear the word 'drone' you think ; they do good work, not that, they blow up innocent people.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by loueber

Humans are omnivores. We eat meat. That's why we have canines. I rather have all the vitamies my body needs through the food I eat, not the pills I take.

On topic. That's just friggin' wrong. They should be closed down until the problem is fixed. Our enviroment is suffering enough we don't need this kind of carelessness. Not to mention the health risks. Jeez!!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by loueber
poor pigs or whatever animals they were. Its not the blood that is disgusting, its the people that still dont realize these animals feel pain and have families, and desire to be free to enjoy the life God gave them, just like the rest of us

God gave them to us as food, however, I believe that according to the laws of nature we should hunt them and eat them. Kill and eat when hungry, kill only in self defense when not hungry.

[off topic a bit] When I think of bullfighting, I think animal rights people should lay off attacking that, because at least the bull gets a chance to fight back and if he wins, he gets sent out to produce more bulls worthy of the ring, in slaughter houses animals don't get a chance to fight back or escape...in the ring they do, and as far as hunting, the animals have a decent chance of escaping or fighting back.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Whats really sad is...

Health and Human Services chief Zach Thompson told sUAS News. "I think they discovered a secondary pipe again is my understanding, so the question is who installed the pipe and why was it there."

Again??? So... Shouldnt they shut this place down now?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen

Originally posted by loueber

God gave them to us as food, however, I believe that according to the laws of nature we should hunt them and eat them. Kill and eat when hungry, kill only in self defense when not hungry.

[off topic a bit] When I think of bullfighting, I think animal rights people should lay off attacking that, because at least the bull gets a chance to fight back and if he wins, he gets sent out to produce more bulls worthy of the ring, in slaughter houses animals don't get a chance to fight back or escape...in the ring they do, and as far as hunting, the animals have a decent chance of escaping or fighting back.

I could only agree if you take the sword from the bullfighters hands.

Give them the same tools God gave the animals... Their paws and teeth!

Im all for the old roman theater for those who go against the laws of nature.. Throw them in the ring with lions, tigers and the like. If they win, they get set free.. no tools, no weapons, just what God gave em. If they loose, no one needs to worry about feeding the lions and tigers

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Good heavens this is by farNOT the worst side of the meat business.....
A tour of some meat packing plants would make vegetarians out of half the people....
There is a lot to be answered for by the big meat plants.....

top topics

join