It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran military jet crashes, reason unknown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyMuerte
I remember seeing a picture of an Iranian F-14 with car mirrors mounted outside the cockpit. I guess getting rear view cameras for that aircraft became a bit difficult......

All F-14 Tomcats had automobile-style rear view mirrors.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

I remember seeing a picture of an Iranian F-14 with car mirrors mounted outside the cockpit. I guess getting rear view cameras for that aircraft became a bit difficult......

Here you go....

US Navy 031101-N-7732W-257 Cmdr. Richard LaBranche, from New Boston, N.H., exits the cockpit of an F-14D Tomcat assigned to the Tomcatters of Fighter Squadron Three One (VF-31) on the flight deck aboard USS John C. Stennis

US Navy 040420-N-4308O-016 Aircrew assigned to the Swordsmen of Fighter Squadron Three Two (VF-32) perform a pre-flight safety check of their F-14B Tomcat's cockpit

Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum - Grumman F-14 Tomcat

US Navy 050728-N-3136P-012 Aviation Structural Mechanic Equipmentman 2nd Class Peter Vonszilassy, installs cockpit mirrors on an F-A-18F Super Hornet's wind screen inside the hangar bay aboard USS Kitty Hawk (CV 63).

Here is a detailed render of the pilots view from F-14A Tomcat
COCKPITS.NL/F-14A Tomcat for FF5 and OF

Here is a U-2 photo showing an external mirror housed in fairing similar to an automobile.
U-2S Dragon Lady

Hope this helps....

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou

Here you go....

US Navy 031101-N-7732W-257 Cmdr. Richard LaBranche, from New Boston, N.H., exits the cockpit of an F-14D Tomcat assigned to the Tomcatters of Fighter Squadron Three One (VF-31) on the flight deck aboard USS John C. Stennis

US Navy 040420-N-4308O-016 Aircrew assigned to the Swordsmen of Fighter Squadron Three Two (VF-32) perform a pre-flight safety check of their F-14B Tomcat's cockpit

Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum - Grumman F-14 Tomcat

US Navy 050728-N-3136P-012 Aviation Structural Mechanic Equipmentman 2nd Class Peter Vonszilassy, installs cockpit mirrors on an F-A-18F Super Hornet's wind screen inside the hangar bay aboard USS Kitty Hawk (CV 63).

Here is a detailed render of the pilots view from F-14A Tomcat
COCKPITS.NL/F-14A Tomcat for FF5 and OF

Here is a U-2 photo showing an external mirror housed in fairing similar to an automobile.
U-2S Dragon Lady

Hope this helps....

Yes, you corroborated what I said.

It helps.

<< 1  2   >>

join