It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WM3-Parents write Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in reguards to Paradise Lost 3

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
media.commercialappeal.com...

We are the parents and step-parent of Michael Moore and Stevie Branch, Jr. On May 5, 1993, our sons, along with their friend Christopher Byers, were brutally murdered. Three teenage boys, now men, were convicted of the crime: Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin, and Jessie Misskelley. An HBO documentary film crew came to our town, West Memphis, Arkansas, to chronicle the aftermath of these murders and the trials of our sons’ killers. That film, Paradise Lost, was followed by two sequels – Paradise Lost II: Revelations and Paradise Lost III: Purgatory. We are writing to the Academy now to express our sadness, disappointment, and outrage over the decision to nominate the latest film, Purgatory, for an Academy Award in the documentary film category.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Jan 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Fri Jan 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
So despite all the editing done in paradise lost and all the spin the "free the killers" crowd put on it the parents do not all believe that the WM3 are innocent.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
when justice fails you, it's time to take matter in your hands.

partying with rocks? if i heard that, and they murdered my kid in that fashion, the only rock stars they'll be partying with would be kurt cobain, elvis and tupac.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I spent a lot of money and time to help clear their names. There was zero evidence against them aside from "satanic panic" and a confession forced from a mentally fragile teen. John Mark Byers killed those boys and then his wife.
edit on 26-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: WM3

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by LongbottomLeaf
I spent a lot of money and time to help clear their names. There was zero evidence against them aside from "satanic panic" and a confession forced from a mentally fragile teen. John Mark Byers killed those boys and then his wife.
edit on 26-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: WM3

Oh please, there WAS evidence against them, the film makers just left it all out of their documentary. There was no satanic panic, the police did have other suspects before making a case against the WM3. And I do not really care about the satanic panic claims, what did the defense do first chance they got? They blamed it on some made up black guy.
And if you are going to spend time pouring money and time into the case to defend the child murderers you should at least get with the times. The defense has changed their story YET AGAIN and now Terry Hobbs is the killer according to free WM3, and they have "evidence" against him now too.Just like Mark Byers used to be the killer.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

The defense wasnt even implicated at the time the "bojangles" suspect was reported to the police by a restaurant manager. Nice try fail whale

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

reply to post by JoshF

The defense wasnt even implicated at the time the "bojangles" suspect was reported to the police by a restaurant manager. Nice try fail whale

They still tried to use it
callahan.8k.com...

So who is the killer now Byers or Hobbs?
edit on 26-1-2012 by JoshF because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I spent a lot of money and time to help clear their names. There was zero evidence against them aside from "satanic panic" and a confession forced from a mentally fragile teen.

Which confession are you talking about? There are so many.
He confessed to detectives on 6/3/93
To his own lawyer August 19, 1993
To police while being transported to jail
To Kim Floresca June 2, 1993
To Buddy Lucas – May 6, 1993
to Dan Stidham – February 8, 1994
To prosecutors February 17, 1994

So did they all "force" confessions out of him or are they all liars?
*The Trial ended on Feb 5th, why would an innocent man still confess to a crime he "did not commit" AFTER he was already found guilty?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

Actually the defense team grilled the police why they did not follow up the investigation of a bloody disoriented man seen by multiple witnesses. I say it's Byers
1. He shows his temper and anger and lust for violence on a regular basis.
2. His son had shown many signs of abuse through his too short a life
3. The 3 boys had bite marks that were in pattern with Byers missing teeth, upon request to come in for an analysis he immediately had his remaining teeth removed
4. Unrelated, but Melissa Byers died mysteriously and the autopsy reported puncture wounds on the tops of her feet and inside of her wrists and a puncture would on her abdomen. The same wounds of one Jesus F Christ.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

Jesse is mentally retarded, Not even friends with Echols why would have been invited to partake in a murder supposedly masterminded by Echols?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

reply to post by JoshF

Actually the defense team grilled the police why they did not follow up the investigation of a bloody disoriented man seen by multiple witnesses. I say it's Byers
1. He shows his temper and anger and lust for violence on a regular basis.

Supporters are now saying the same thing about hobbs

2. His son had shown many signs of abuse through his too short a life

Same thing was said about hobbs son

3. The 3 boys had bite marks that were in pattern with Byers missing teeth, upon request to come in for an analysis he immediately had his remaining teeth removed

The Defense lawyers are now saying that those bite marks came from animals

4. Unrelated, but Melissa Byers died mysteriously and the autopsy reported puncture wounds on the tops of her feet and inside of her wrists and a puncture would on her abdomen. The same wounds of one Jesus F Christ.

She was a junky (like byers) and those are all places used to shoot. They also found puncture wounds on the arms and legs. The ones on her torso were covered by band-aids, so probably not related to any foul play.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

reply to post by JoshF

Jesse is mentally retarded, Not even friends with Echols why would have been invited to partake in a murder supposedly masterminded by Echols?

Did you hear any of the actual confessions? They were not exactly "masterminded", the three of them were drunk and high. Why is it that out of the three of them none of the three can stick with one alibi story? Jessie and Damien changed it numerous times and Jason Baldwin did not even bother to give an alibi in court.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

I'm not trying to prove who did it, Just who didn't do it. I feel the WM3 were innocent. I'm going out for a bit so don't take offense for my next slow reply.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

reply to post by JoshF

I'm not trying to prove who did it, Just who didn't do it. I feel the WM3 were innocent. I'm going out for a bit so don't take offense for my next slow reply.

You should really take the time to look into these things and not just from the people that were taking everyone's money to get them out of prison.
Mark Byers had an alibi. The WM3 did not, even after 18 years they still have not come up with one.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Lots of interesting opinions on this case and lots of ppl that base their opinion on the o/s. The made up black man was bleeding to death in a resturant very close to where the bodies were found. Despite employees cleaning the bathroom blood remained as was collected and lost by the pd. Terry Hobbs was convicted of beating and sexually assaulting an old lady years before the death of his stepson. Mr. Hobbs also shot his stepson's uncle shortly after Stevie's death and the uncle died from complications of that shooting. Hobbs alibi was a man named Jacoby , Jacoby denies being with Hobbs and the DNA found belonged to Jacoby and Hobbs. Terry Hobbs was seen by a neighbor and her daughter yelling at the boys on the evening they disappeared despite Hobbs claiming he had not seen Stevie that day. Hobbs had all of his teeth removed shortly following the murders. Stevie had a favorite item given to him by his grandfather , that item was a pocket knife that was always with him ...that knife was found years later in Hobbs private belongings. Pam Hobbs worked her entire shift that night and expected Stevie to be home when she got off that night --Terry didn't report the child missing and never called to update her. It wasn't until about nine-thirty that night police got the call. Pam and Terry Hobbs own daughter has her diary posted online and it talks about the sexual abuse from her dad and his allowing of Jacoby to molest her as well. Most of the witnesses against echols had recanted and parents of these witnesses admitted they had reason to doubt the testimony. Many of the authorities involved have since been fired or resigned . The so called crime scene was blood free despite the condition of these poor children. None of the WM3 had ever owned or operated a vehicle. The expert that testified on the Satanic stuff got his degree ONLINE. I could go on but i'm late. Reasonable doubt the WM3 were involved----I'm interested in what reasonable exists that Terry Hobbs didn't do this

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

I've been into it for a very very long nearly 13 years. We are from different sides of the case. Just because you have a different opinion from mine it doesn't make mine wrong.
edit on 26-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: ert

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Elisha03011972

Hobbs alibi was a man named Jacoby , Jacoby denies being with Hobbs and the DNA found belonged to Jacoby and Hobbs.

It does not really work and the DNA found at the scene was found in the shoe lace of one of his step son. If you were to send your shoe to a crime lab they will find all kinds of DNA of the people you live with. The other DNA was found on a tree stump 2 weeks after the murders and that is said that it could be Jacoby or Hobb's but it could not be both of them But even the defense lawyers have said that the DNA evidence is not strong enough to be considered exculpatory.

Terry Hobbs was seen by a neighbor and her daughter yelling at the boys on the evening they disappeared despite Hobbs claiming he had not seen Stevie that day.

Yes this is highly suspicious considering the police canvased the area extensively in 1993 and these "witnesses" don't come forward until 16 years latter.

The larger problem with this story is that Pamela Hobbs puts Dana Moore at the Hobb's house around the same time this wittiness supposedly sees Terry Hobbs with the children.
callahan.8k.com...
Im not saying the witness is a liar but maybe she mixed up days, It was 16 years latter and she did not know Terry Hobb's name and mentions it nowhere in the affidavit.
And there is another witness account that puts the boys going into the woods alone at 6:30- and unlike the other witness this one came forward when he realized that the boys he saw could have been the ones that were missing.
callahan.8k.com...

Hobbs had all of his teeth removed shortly following the murders. Stevie had a favorite item given to him by his grandfather , that item was a pocket knife that was always with him ...that knife was found years later in Hobbs private belongings.

Yes... and 5 years ago it was Byer's knife that did it... and im sure in a few years we will find some shocking news that someone else in west memphis owns a knife- but no wait! Today the idea is that there was no knife at all and that animals did all the mutilation.

Pam Hobbs worked her entire shift that night and expected Stevie to be home when she got off that night --Terry didn't report the child missing and never called to update her. It wasn't until about nine-thirty that night police got the call.

The same goes with ALL the parents, not just the ones who think the WM3 are innocent. To say that Terry not calling the police puts him under suspicion says the same of ALL the parents.

Pam and Terry Hobbs own daughter has her diary posted online and it talks about the sexual abuse from her dad and his allowing of Jacoby to molest her as well.

Links or it didn't happen, and if we are going to bring up past behavior sure!
Echols threatening to kill and mutilate another kid callahan.8k.com...
Echols saying he wants to kill himelsf and others callahan.8k.com...
When he got out of the hospital his parents did not even want him home because they were afraid of him.
Echols animal abuse callahan.8k.com...
More animal abuse callahan.8k.com...

Most of the witnesses against echols had recanted and parents of these witnesses admitted they had reason to doubt the testimony.

Not entirely true, some managed to pass polygraphs
callahan.8k.com...

Others signed affidavits
callahan.8k.com...

And Echols is now saying that he DID say those things at the softball park
www.freewestmemphis3.org...

The so called crime scene was blood free despite the condition of these poor children.

A common outright lie spread by WM3 supporters.
Luminol reports
callahan.8k.com...
callahan.8k.com...
callahan.8k.com...
callahan.8k.com...

The expert that testified on the Satanic stuff got his degree ONLINE.

That does look bad but proves nothing, you cannot get a degree in "satanic studies". And you could not get an online degree in 1993. And as much as the supporters want to believe that this was a witch hunt it was not. There are medical records showing the Echols thought he was a vampire at times.
Echols the Vampire as well admitting to perform rituals to summon demons and a spirit (which occupies his body and makes him stronger) callahan.8k.com... And people wonder why police thought damien might be involved in the occult.
Damien saying he is mentally disturbed callahan.8k.com...
Damien saying he is a sociopath callahan.8k.com...
Damien saying he has homicidal mood swings callahan.8k.com...

So it is a fact that Damien did in fact partake in occult rituals, and i say that not because it proves that it was a "satanic" murder but it just speaks to his mental stability and the fact that the claims that Damien was involved in such things is NOT unfounded. Also it proves that he was in fact a homicidal sociopath.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

reply to post by JoshF

I've been into it for a very very long nearly 13 years. We are from different sides of the case. Just because you have a different opinion from mine it doesn't make mine wrong.
edit on 26-1-2012 by LongbottomLeaf because: ert

No, my opinion does not make you wrong but the facts of the case do.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshF

The facts are all up to debate. All I care about is Damien, Jesse, and Jason didnt do it. They were not model kids but they weren't murderers.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join