It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats appeasing cities poor and minorities for votes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have heard this argument before and my counter is that republicans do the same only with the rural poor people and rich (non entertainment industry) people lol!

what the whole democrat/republican lie does is pit us against each other. i am beginning to understand that i cannot believe a single word coming from politicians mouths these days. its all a huge scam!

we need a leader that will unite us not divide us!!

americans need to think outside of the box and not think of everything as "republican" or "democrat". also we need look to different sources of news to read through all the bs and try to get an unbiased view on things. the mainstream media is usually so biased and one sided depending on what channel you're on.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
"When the people realize that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic"
-Benjamin Franklin

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
"When the people realize that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic"
-Benjamin Franklin

Corporations are people my friend. -Romney

Seems corporations realized ole Ben's phrase many years ago. Seems the statement is correct also, the republic is becoming a corporatocracy

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It is important to note that at the time of Benjamin Franklin's observation, corporations were NOT then legally defined as having personage.

He was referring the the nature of a Representative Constitutional Republic - which he was not in favor of. He recognized, with almost prophet-like premonition, that politicians were likely to use tax-payer provided "bribes" in the form of government assistance to their constituents in order to get re-elected. Today, this page 1 out of the Democrat National Committee election playbook.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Considering the popular vote has no effect on the outcome of an election, I doubt it.

They want to appease the voters who are part of the electoral college; I doubt many of them are poor.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

-Benjamin Franklin

Corporations are people my friend. -Romney

Seems corporations realized ole Ben's phrase many years ago. Seems the statement is correct also, the republic is becoming a corporatocracy

Excellent evaluation and point made, my friend. Your wit is quite potent. Using Mr. Romney’s own words as a way of building upon a centuries old quote often used by modern day classical liberals as an assail against the social liberals. I find Mr. Franklin’s quote as a universal truth; ignorant of time and place. For me, corporations and welfare addicts are both parasitic.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

i was actually addressing the illusion that so and so is for the rich or so and so is for the poor. my point being is that its all bs at this point. politicians are bought and paid for by corporations and lobbyists with the illusion that they have the "poor" or "rich" interests in mind.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Oh well yeah, I agree with that.

You hafta take the money out of politics if you want real representatives.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

reply to post by SaturnFX

It is important to note that at the time of Benjamin Franklin's observation, corporations were NOT then legally defined as having personage.

He was referring the the nature of a Representative Constitutional Republic - which he was not in favor of. He recognized, with almost prophet-like premonition, that politicians were likely to use tax-payer provided "bribes" in the form of government assistance to their constituents in order to get re-elected. Today, this page 1 out of the Democrat National Committee election playbook.

However, I see the twist
money is the most powerful form of speech in todays society (arguably ever since the invention of television, but especially as of late).
Who owns the money? Who owns the programming? the corporations.
therefore, the corporations dictate the game.
The theme is true...that bribing for votes is indeed the bane of the republic, however, the bribes aren't going towards the little people, its the ones holding the chains that collar the little people's minds (aka, the media, the corporations).

Both sides, all sides, the entire system is now folded completely onto this. Are you truely thinking that shunning the corporations and trying to bribe some poor people with extra food stamps is more powerful than a superpac shoving the programming into everyones home and car radio endlessly?

Consider it logically verses what your ideology wants to state. If you wanted to gain the most power and influence in the states, what route would you take...catering to the poor, or catering to the corporations that control the poor's television?

new topics

top topics

join