It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich says US moon base will happen if he is elected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Now this is quite interesting;

uk.news.yahoo.com...

He was speaking on his campaign trail to aerospace workers, and he has pledged that 'by the end of his second term', there will be a manned Moon base, and it will be American.
Any thoughts on this?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by royspeed

Lying through his teeth as usual. That sack of # will say anything to get elected. Ron Paul, the only one we can TRUST!!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I think I could promise you everything under the sun as well, if I were trying to get elected.

Now, realistically dealing with the greatest US economic downturn since the great depression, exacerbated by a ridiculously oversized foreign policy, while over 15 trillion in debt, with a whole host of other issues and faults we really need to be addressing before lunar bases - and I'mma say his mouth's writing checks his butt can't cash...at least not in any sensible way.

Sure, we could probably end up putting a base on the moon - but how much of Rome will have burnt by then, and how many more pressing issues will we have to have shelved in the meantime?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Yes and a chicken in every pot.

Even if he did get elected and served two terms it would not happen while he was in office.

WE can not NOW build a rocket that will return a man to the moon.

The design plans for the Saturn V know longer exists.

Every effort to build something equal to it has failed.

Just to hear him say something that is obviously false from the beginning shows the delusions of grandeur and self importance he has.

If man was supposed to live on the moon we would already be there.

To subject our progeny to the massive deficit this endeavor would create is lunacy. (pun intended)

Let us give the Chinese the opportunity to explore outer space.

That would be a better use of their money than attacking and invading the U.S.

And we would actually be funding it anyway.

Vote Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Why?? We already have a base on the Moon and Mars, thanks to all that CIA drug money...LOL

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
When a known liar promises me the moon i ALWAYS believe him.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Sure, we could probably end up putting a base on the moon - but how much of Rome will have burnt by then, and how many more pressing issues will we have to have shelved in the meantime?

Chances are, not a lot. Moon base could very well cost no more than 1 % of federal budget.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I wonder what he plans to cut, to pay for it???

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Oh, only $40 billion or so? Heck, we should buy in bulk and get a package discount!

...the fact that people consider billions of dollars or 1% of US federal budget something we should spend on what's effectively a lark while we're trillions of dollars in the red and failing on so many other levels never ceases to blow my mind. The number has completely lost perspective with how casually all the "-illions" are bandied about by our leaders...for elucidation, a billion seconds would be 31 years, so 40 billion seconds would be over 1200 years.

"no more than 1 % of federal budget"...you're a funny guy, I like you!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It sounds to me like a great government project that provides thousands of jobs, and without having to bomb another country to do it.

Hell I'd rather the government spend our money and make jobs while actually achieving something for all of humanity, then spending it on soldiers and ammo, or worse, giving it to people that don't have jobs instead of using it to make jobs.

I'd also rather engage China in a space race than a cold war.

Further, humanity needs more space. We need to keep seeking and exploring, and expanding, or there will be a time of no humanity when the ELE does get here, and all of us are still stuck on this rock.

I also see the other thread now. And others already say the same thing above.

edit on 26-1-2012 by lakesidepark because: now I see the other thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
he lies... why has he not made attempts to get this ball rolling before?? Surely you don't need to be President to get something like this started??

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Earlier thread is here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join