It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Catholics make the Rapture; is it only a Protestant thing?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
1 Thessalonians 4

Believers Who Have Died

16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore encourage one another with these words.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Sometimes you have to read it your self, what else can it mean, either those living will be caught up to the clouds or they will not, you can not say no to it, no one pointed this out to me I just understood it for my self and if they did quote this passage I did not take it because I had to read it my self.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

A good measuring stick is this:
WWJD

Christianity uses this phrase all the time, it means "What would Jesus Do?" Well the best way to know this answer is to ask yourself "what did Jesus Do?

Things Jesus Did:
- Kept the 7th day Sabbath all his life on Earth (Saturday).

Depends which day the week starts on. Seems more logical if the week starts with Monday. Days and what we view as a week did not start with the bible.
edit on 13-2-2012 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
All who believe in Christ alone for their salvation will either be resurrected or raptured at His second coming to the Earth. They are those who have accepted what Jesus did on the cross for them and have asked Jesus to forgive their sins.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

not so sure anyone is good enough to be rapture maybe just the kids

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tem88
reply to post by The time lord

not so sure anyone is good enough to be rapture maybe just the kids

This is so sweet.

One thing, how come people think they are holy enough already to
escape purification and death? Our Lord suffered and died?

And another, those rapture verses, what about the "dead" shall rise
and a last trumpet to be blown. All sounds like the Final Judgment.

One more, the Rapture teaching is a mere 100 some years old.
That should be a big hint.

God bless you,

colbe

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
All Catholics are going to Heaven, no matter what. That's what Jesus died for. Duh. The various Protestant sects can fight about it all they want, who gets to go and who doesn't. But they're all horribly misguided, and none of them are going, anyway.

That's a narrow point of view...
And just for another one....

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
One thing I am deciding on is quitting this Site, I have left a trail of information about the how and why the world is the way it is from a Biblical point of view instead of repeating myself, showed people the patterns they could not calculate and if in a few years if the world is becoming even worse, economically, socially, environmentally and even super naturally and people just don't want to wake up and know and by calculating certain facts it becomes thought crime then I will leave it to you and for those Christ loving followers I say move on to better things. If you are paranoid everything is probably being monitored anyway, trust your instincts. The computer Monitor is not called a Monitor for nothing.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord

Originally posted by akushla99

God does NOT divide on the grounds of the knowledge of Christ...this is patently ridiculous.

Akushla

That is the difference between Christians and non Christians, he is the safety net of our bodies because he became man in order to for us to reach the next path and resurrect with him, where as other religions there is no guarantee with them, either its up to fate or you go round recarnating in circles without really knowing the path.

With Christ at least he part man he can guide us in and the outcome is secure, no one knows where they are ending up in with Buddhism, Hinduism and Islam, they can not promise you salvation where as Christ can and that is why it is the religion that covers the most people and nations of the world because Jesus Can.

Also when it comes to Catholic saints and symbols they take the Cross very seriously, I just think they cover everyone and celebrate them all in different provinces across Italy and the world, one thing they may lack like most Chritians is the lack of reading the Bible but at least the culture makes the effort to celebrate it and remember them.

Also it seems Roman Catholics and normal Catholics have differences too and the two can be confused as one entity, the more you read about the Roman Catholic faith the more it sounds like a dicatorship, it becomes judge leaving out Jesus as a secondary figure, it is in its own realm.

edit on 12-2-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

I repeat...(and the sense of what you and others say of this is skewed beyond belief)...God, who (if you stick to the 'script') created ALL creation, including buddhists, moslems, christians, catholics, athiests etc. etc. etc...does NOT divide on the basis of the knowledge of Jesus!

Does not divide on the basis of age, does not divide on the basis of wealth, does not divide on the basis of footwear!...DOES NOT DIVIDE...

Our own personal choice is the decider...reincarnation is not a revolving door in a building...its a process...
Parts of that process were brought to the material world by the prophets, of which Jesus was one (a particularly influential one - granted).

'Salvation' is a product of FREE WILL...hence the ability (through a process of re-incarnating) to perfect the process...it is our choice to follow the process, or not, at our pace, at our choice...the true path, wrought by the true GOD...the GOD of choice, not FORCE and punishment...

Akushla

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:[forever]

what i take from this prophetic verse is not a rapture of a flesh body...

i rather interpret the words to mean that there will be millions upon millions of people (Catholics/Jews/Protestants/Hindi/Muslims/Moslems/Satanists too... who will be incinerated by nuclear bombs & go up in that mushroom Cloud of smoke..
and so will be forever remembered to live on in infamy of the terrible nuclear holocaust stories

edit on 22-2-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I dont believe anyone is going to be raptured, because I dont think its real. I think that its possible that one day God will reveal Himself to all mankind and judge us. The rapture seems like a fairy tale for people who are afraid of tribulation and need to feel safe. Tribulation has been occurring for thousands of years and will continue till God decides otherwise. One lucky group of believers will be spared from war, famine and plague? What a slap in the face to all the "martyrs".

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bwj2012
I dont believe anyone is going to be raptured, because I dont think its real. I think that its possible that one day God will reveal Himself to all mankind and judge us. The rapture seems like a fairy tale for people who are afraid of tribulation and need to feel safe. Tribulation has been occurring for thousands of years and will continue till God decides otherwise. One lucky group of believers will be spared from war, famine and plague? What a slap in the face to all the "martyrs".

It's coming soon, the "mini judgment." We will all see our lives in review,
like the NDE experiences. Protestants are hearing it called the
"awakening." Catholics know it as the Great Warning. The best thing
you can do to prepare is go to Confession, repent from the heart and
confess your grave sins to God. We won't feel the pain of seeing
CONFESSED sins in our life review.

We will be shown where we would go at that moment, Heaven, Purgatory or Hell as if we had died.

It's God's unfathomable mercy and love, we will be given a chance to change, to find Him, to return to Him. Every soul on the earth.

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Interesting, I never read of the Rapture spoken of in Protestant messages
from Heaven. Today, another reminder, there is one end time for
everyone. "Alignment" of belief, yes and finally after all this time, one belief. And what are the "pieces" our non-Catholic brothers and sisters need?

The biggest "piece" they need, the Eucharist of course, it is the pinnacle.

March 9, 2012

SMALL STRAWS IN A SOFT WIND by MARSHA BURNS

ft111.com...

I speak to those places where you have been scattered to bring them into alignment. You have done your best to make all of the pieces fit, but you haven't had all of the pieces you need. The things that have been missing will come to you and be put in order, says the Lord...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

One thing, how come people think they are holy enough already to
escape purification and death? Our Lord suffered and died?

Because he promised? Ever read the Book of the Revelation of Jesus the Christ? Ever known Jesus to lie? He's not a lord, he is the KING. The very same KING Isaiah saw sitting on his throne in Isaiah 6. The word "lord" translates in canaanite as Ba'al and is Ba'al worship. Ba'al is short for Ba'alzebuwb or the Babylonian Be'elzebub. Christ is the KING, he is YHWH.

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
You just have to believe in Christ and what ever good deeds you made along the way you will be rewarded a bit extra on top, if it happened tomorrow and you believed today you can still make the pass into the rapture, does not take much to be accepted i think.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join