It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Catholics make the Rapture; is it only a Protestant thing?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Our priest said we won't be raptured until after all the bad stuff is done.
Seems to me that would be the second coming of Christ. As an ex-Jew he knows scripture and I think he is right.
Hope he's wrong, but that's the breaks.

So the Rapture is a conspiracy? I thought it was a religious belief.

edit on 1/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Are you referring to the American South? I find the South to be a far more loving place. Northerners are crass, rude, cold hearted, mean, and hateful in general.
Southerners, of all races, tend to be much more accepting on a personal level.
Just my personal experiences.
The West is a mixed bag.

edit on 27-1-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
People........Get away from organized religion and learn to walk in HIS resurrection life.

www.oldpaths.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The proof is in the pudding bro. Do you think we have forgotten the horrors your pagan priesthoods have committed against us? We will never forget the spanish inquisition and the horrors your Jesuits inflicted on us. Burning us at the stake, using devices like the wooden horse, the rack and thumbscrews and all those other lovely devices i am sure would anger Jesus to no end.

Here's a list of the blasphemies your "Popes" have uttered:

Pope says he is Jesus Christ

You serve the antichrist and you need to wake up. Do you honestly think Jesus condones your priests sexually abusing little boys? Do you think Christ condones their alcoholism? Do you think Christ condones the sorcery and witchcraft you commit transmuting him into a cookie in the shape of the sun? Do you think Christ condones you worshipping Mary (the goddess Astarte) over him? Your self styled "Queen of Heaven" has had many names over the Millenia, she has been called Astarte, Astoreth, Ishtar, Isis, Inanna, Hera etc. You need to pay attention to church history. Those idols you have are blasphemous. Those statues of Saturnus you call Jesus. You have no idea what Mary or Jesus even look like. Do you not know it is a sin to make a graven image of anything in the heavens and earth? Your Gregorian calendar changed the christian feastdays that should have fallen on the same days the jewish feastdays fall on to the days the pagans celebrated their feasts on. Do you not know that Jesus was crucified on passover and that passover always falls on the new moon and not on the "Good friday" the first friday of April? the Passover day changes because it can fall on any day the new moon falls on. I will not be hunting any Astarte eggs thats for sure. I hold true to the jewish holidays that the true King of Israel held to and spit on your paganisms.
edit on 27-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Like I just said, none of your grand general comments about the faith
are true. Many Baptist pastors have converted to Catholicism. They realized Christ is truly present in the consecrated host, the Holy Eucharist.

And a 2nd reason, they saw fellow ministers were all preaching something
different? Goes back to no authority, by whose authority? And 3rd, these men read the writings and quotes of the first Christians.

Your Baptist history is incomplete, there is not Apostolic Succession.

One prominent reformer in the early seventeenth century, John Smyth, was a strong promoter of adult baptism. In 1609 he re-baptized himself and others. Smyth's reforms birthed the first English Baptist church.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Our priest said we won't be raptured until after all the bad stuff is done.
Seems to me that would be the second coming of Christ. As an ex-Jew he knows scripture and I think he is right.
Hope he's wrong, but that's the breaks.

So the Rapture is a conspiracy? I thought it was a religious belief.

edit on 1/27/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

It is sad eyed lady,

Protestants mistakenly quote the "second coming", the "final coming" verses in the Gospel for the Rapture. When do the dead arise and
the final trumpet blown?

The "taken in the fields" verse is about a fact, death, not the Rapture.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Like I just said, none of your grand general comments about the faith
are true. Many Baptist pastors have converted to Catholicism. They realized Christ is truly present in the consecrated host, the Holy Eucharist.

And a 2nd reason, they saw fellow ministers were all preaching something
different? Goes back to no authority, by whose authority? And 3rd, these men read the writings and quotes of the first Christians.

Your Baptist history is incomplete, there is not Apostolic Succession.

One prominent reformer in the early seventeenth century, John Smyth, was a strong promoter of adult baptism. In 1609 he re-baptized himself and others. Smyth's reforms birthed the first English Baptist church.

You apprently didn't bother to watch any of those videos that the prof. had actual hard evidence straight from the horses mouth either and he was a catholic that converted to protestant when he realized the blasphemy he was embroiled with.

You really do not know church history do you? The word goyim comes to mind when i think about you. Christ being embodied in a cookie? LOL! The way you people sacrifice Jesus and keep him dead every week he must be very tired! I don't need to talk to a priest to get my sins forgiven and i won't be hailing Astarte for anything and everything i said was 100% true. Man, the antichrist has got you fooled. Lucifer has you worshipping idols and all those nasty little things and you don't even see what youre doing.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I'll see you at the Final Judgement!
Stay sweet.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I personally have no use for organized religion! It's all about control over the masses who have been brain washed into believing death is something to fear! Catholics? Protestants? Over the centuries since Christ's short life on Earth, both denominations have been quick to rape and murder in the name of God! The Catholic Church murdered millions of its own during the several hundred years of living in terror under the Spanish Inquisition, and Protestant Crusaders were no slouches either when it came to butchering the inhabitants of entire towns and cities of the Middle East, all in the name of God. The truth is that many soldiers who were dirt poor peasants before embarking on the Crusades, returned to the shores of their own countries, as very wealthy men. Soldiers were paid by whatever amount of loot they could carry off.
I don't recall ever reading about a "Rapture" anywhere in the Bible, and besides...if my dogs couldn't come with me, I wouldn't want any part of it anyway!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by schadenfreude
I think it's ignorant to assume that God will pour out his wrath on his own children!

I think it's arrogant to assume that God won't. For the past 2,000 years He has left His 'children' to be tortured and to be killed ... to die horrid deaths in tsunamis and earthquakes ... to be left to the whims of madmen and to be mass murdered. He's left His children to suffer and to be persecuted. No one has escaped. The wheat and the weeds are left to grow together and will be separated only at the harvest.

So, we've established that his children WON'T go through His wrath

Actually ... the exact opposite is true. Open your eyes.

Now how do you get around the whole "every eye shall see him" argument when he is also coming "like a thief"?

Really? You want to go there? Every last scrupture quote shows it is a ONE TIME deal that Christ is coming back ... not - he's here, he's gone, he's here, he's gone, he's here, he's gone. 'Thief in the night' = SURPRISE and UNEXPECTED. It's very simple.

Yeah, a "Catholic scholar" holds any value for me when catholics don't even believe in the rapture in the FIRST place, that's rich!

Oh you poor guy .... refusing to see the truth of what is being said simply because someone of a different belief system has pointed it out. Yep .. that's rich alright. The reason Catholics don't believe in the rapture cult is because ... drumroll .. it IS NOT BIBLICAL and it has been shown to be FALSE.

Maybe you should stop reading what men say about the bible, and just read the bible for itself, how about that?

Maybe you should stop thinking you actually know what the bible says and listen to those who have studied it and who are far wiser than you are. And maybe you should get out of that rapture cult of yours and prepare for tribulation - lest you lose your faith when it comes ... and it IS coming and you won't be spared it.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

You've been proven wrong time and time again and yet you continue to spew this made up anti-catholic nonsense. Seriously dude, you really should get educated by someone other than Jack Chick or hateful Baptist preachers. :shk: The pope does NOT believe that he is Jesus Christ. That is beyond absurd.

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
Northerners are crass, rude, cold hearted, mean, and hateful in general.

Funny, that's how I found southerners to be if you weren't the 'right' color or didn't go to the 'right' church or didn't speak with the 'right' accent. I was stuck living in Alabama for nine years.
Hated it.

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
You apprently didn't bother to watch any of those videos ....

Actually, YOU are the one that hasn't bothered to read any of the information provided.
If you had, you'd know that you are embarrassing yourself by continuing to spew this nonsense.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
reply to post by The time lord

Only 144,000 people will be raptured. And the likelihood is that it happend decades ago. Chances are, the lucky ones were from Amazonian or New Guinea tribes, rather than corrupt decadent westerners. Why assume otherwise?

I always wondered on this too, and have argued about it with religious folks. 144,000 is not that many, and Heaven should have had it's quotient of souls quite some times ago, I would think.
But then I have a great deal of trouble with the Bible in general, and the New Testament a lot. I came across this page whole on a research project, and to me, it fits the descriptions I have read of the Christian Heaven to a tee:
The Kingdom of Heaven...UNCOVERED!

The original Elohim used genetic and social engineering to attempt to keep man subservient. After realizing that man could become a threat to the agenda of the Elohim at the tower of Babel, individual members of the Elohim built congregations and cities of followers (slaves). The recruitment of Abraham in the Bible by "the Lord" (Genesis 12:1-3, 17:7-8) was an example of how the Elohim chose humans and agreed to "be their God."

Numerous other religious systems of belief were established by the Elohim in order to keep man divided against himself and thus unable to work together for their own betterment. For example, the "angel" Gabriel established the Jewish religion and then turned around and established the rival religion of Islam. The gods of the Hindus, Greeks, Summerians, American Indians and others were also established by the Elohim.

The Elohim are members of the Galactic Confederation, a group of similarly oriented alien races, whose mission it is to align all planetary races with the will of the collective or "The One." Their ultimate agenda is altruistic obedience to the rule of The One. The Bible speaks of a time when the entire world will be subject to the will of The One ("every knee shall bow to me" - Romans 14:11, Isaiah 45:23). Strict obedience without question is the hallmark of "righteousness" according to the writings of the Elohim. As we show throughout our web site, the will of the Elohim does not support the good of the human race and must be aggressively resisted if we are to survive.
Source

Things like this is why I always ask Christians, "who is your God?" "Can you name him?""Do you speak to him?" "Does he speak to you?" Blind Belief will get you nowhere, to my mind. I think every Christian should examine their faith, their religious books, and their whole belief system, and look for flaws, and untruths. I certainly would.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I stick to the rule that the Devil is set out to confuse the world as my middle line of thought, he will come up with infinite ways to tell it his way so that even Elohims, Annunakis, Aliens, Giants, Greys, Hybrids all fit somewhere down his fallen adenda, as long as Christians are not fooled all other explanations fall into that category. Either way they don't and will not bow down to the Serpent, even if they are a race hidden amoungst us the message of the Bible is anti-Serpent in nature either way its Michael vs the Dragon.

Some may argue that alien races and other humans have reached a Nivana level, while other negative lower spiritual races hold us back by corrupting our paths into this higher heaven by infiltrating the world to comit sinful acts, that is not much different to the Devils scheme of things and demonic activity, so either way Christians are following a route where Christ reached a higher than the Heavens, Alien or not the message is for us to do well in this life and reach a higher pure level than a more Hellish lower realm created by our sinful crimes on this earth.

Maybe the Rapture for the more Alien inclined readers is where this higher state of the heavens comes down to us and takes us in, if Jesus could come down here he could go up and take us into this Heavenly realm.

The UFO alien agenda is not that different, the hybrid programme is similr to the fallen angels, the UFO experiments like mixing of genes of races as told in the Bible, the similarities is no coincidence.

Christianity keeps us on alert what ever version is turns out to be true, but the day some wonderous leader decides the story is different many will question their motives, by then many prophetic signs would have come into place to counter it.
edit on 28-1-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

I would be really dissapointed too, it means if someone or some docrine stood in the way of their salvation and they have to go through the Beast system which will result in some beheading ritual if we don't comply, does not matter it just means they will become saints too once they know.

Actually I was being dead serious. Once all the annoying people are gone, this world will be a much better place.
Praise the Virgin and all the Saints.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord

I would be really dissapointed too, it means if someone or some docrine stood in the way of their salvation and they have to go through the Beast system which will result in some beheading ritual if we don't comply, does not matter it just means they will become saints too once they know.

Actually I was being dead serious. Once all the annoying people are gone, this world will be a much better place.
Praise the Virgin and all the Saints.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
From what I've heard from those who know WAY more than I do about the bible, the 'rapture' is NOT mentioned in the bible.........not at all...

just like Sunday being the 'lord's day'...it's not; it's SATURDAY.........the 7th day from Sunday!!!!!!

I give up.....that's why I stopped going to church YEARS ago and now have nothing to do with it......
the old saying, 'spiritual but not religious' applies to me!!!!!!

Just another silly thing that organized religion, in its bid to be all knowing, has gotton wrong........

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

heres a start,,,

news.sympatico.ca...

justice_served_loudly,,

Me.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BG43214
From what I've heard from those who know WAY more than I do about the bible, the 'rapture' is NOT mentioned in the bible.........not at all...
just like Sunday being the 'lord's day'...it's not; it's SATURDAY.........the 7th day from Sunday!!!!!!

I give up.....that's why I stopped going to church YEARS ago and now have nothing to do with it......
the old saying, 'spiritual but not religious' applies to me!!!!!!

Just another silly thing that organized religion, in its bid to be all knowing, has gotton wrong........

BG,

Hi, here we are 20 centuries later denying what the first Christians were given to know and practice. That's pride.

We're not wiser than they are. They heard from the Apostles who heard
it from Christ. It was/is important, they passed it on to us.

God was displeased with the Sabbath, it was prophesied to be changed in Old Testament (Isaiah 1:13) and it was...

This is the New Covenant.

The Sabbath is now the Lord's Day, John says it in Revelation (Rev 1:10). It's known, not only the name change but the day was changed to honor the resurrection of Our Lord. The Lord's Day is Sunday, the first day of the week.

The first Christians assembled to worship God, (Break Bread), the
Eucharist. Here are two Scripture verses to confirm the fact.

Acts Of Apostles 20:7 And on the first day of the week, when we were assembled to break bread, Paul discoursed with them, being to depart on the morrow: and he continued his speech until midnight.

1 Corinthians 16:2 On the first day of the week let every one of you put apart with himself, laying up what it shall well please him; that when I come, the collections be not then to be made.

God bless you,

colbe

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Rockpuck
So no .. most of the Christian World do not believe in the "rapture" .. is pretty much contained to American Protestants.

Heyya Rockpuck! American FUNDAMENTALIST protestants.
I know that Episcopalians, Lutherans and most Methodists don't buy into it. Baptists and Church of Christ ... yep. It's kinda funny .. they are the ones screaming that the bible has to be taken literally and yet the bible clearly says no pretrib rapture. ODD.

Yes...exactly.

Once you discover there is a God given authority and not your personal
opinion you progress. So many Protestant pastors have converted to
the faith recognizing (seeing fellow ministers all preaching something different) the Church is our authority.

And a second, they read the quotes of the Early Church Fathers.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
reply to post by colbe

I'll see you at the Final Judgement!
Stay sweet.

Hi sad_eyed_lady,

Maybe it'll be sooner. If we make it through the Great Tribulation and
the Chastisement to the new time, the Millennium and called the Era of Peace.

There is a book I want to read about the Millennium, I've read some
excerpts and heard the author talk about God's 7th Day.

It's entitled The Splendor of Creation by Father Joseph Iannazzui.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join