It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Catholics make the Rapture; is it only a Protestant thing?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I believe both will get into a Rapture, as long as Christ is the centre of your thoughts, although the traditional Catholics pray to the Saints and Mary as a way of saying they are not worthy of praying to Jesus, or the Saints are used to spread knowledge of the religion to get people interested like Easter, different regions have their own patriot Saints anyway.

If Protestants and Catholics both pray and believe in Christ they must be heard by God and Christ anyway so would God leave out one or the other when it comes to the rapture of the Church?

Not everyone knows about the rapture, where the believers in Christ will resurrect first and at some point in the future, you don't have to know about it technically in order to be accepted, for some they overlook the passages and don't realise, does not mean they won't be included if there is a rapture either way.

I guess rapture does make sense because why would God have to wait for every single person to die on earth in order for there to be a resurrection? At some point in Man's history we go to heaven, hell is not until after the 1000 years of peace at judgement day according to the Bible. Of course there is the theory we go to heaven as soon as we die, some may take a glimpse of it in their near death experiences or some heighted state of consciousness, but according to the Bible it is a one show event followed by a second event in which the non believers come to life to be judged on the wrong things they had done in life rather than the believers good deeds and forgotten sins forgiven by Christ.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

I went to a CofE church for most of my childhood and never heard of it!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
All that idol worship amoung the blood drinking and cannibalism (eucharist) and god/goddess worship they do? No they won't, they will be part of the church that gets left behind to be martyrs. The other part that will get left behind will be those protestants who do not obey God's laws and continue to fornicate and live rebelliously, so do not think it will just be catholics. Christ does not give you a license to sin when he saves you.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
As an eschatologist of over 20 years myself I assure you the catholics will make the rapture, whether they believe in it or not, providing they believe their salvation comes from the Son, instead of the catholic church.

It's a non-essential belief that doesn't affect salvation in any way, so why wouldn't they?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

ok, you're obviously not a member of the OSAS (Once Saved Always saved) doctrine. Have you ever taken the time to look it up?

gracethrufaith.com... I think does an excellent job of breaking it down.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I hope the rapture is true.
I hope it happens soon.

The world will be better without all the Christians.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Just a friendly FYI for you. Catholics do not pray to Saints or to Mary. They are revered as holy people and good examples of living a life for Christ but they are not prayed to. We do ask them in our prayers to pray for us though. It's the same as you asking a neighbor to keep you in your prayers. Here's an example from the Hail Mary (Ave Maria).

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
(Nothing controversial there, just basically a hello and some acknowledgement that she was a God fearing woman.)

Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
(Acknowledging that she must have been pretty special since she did give birth to Jesus)

Here's the key part of the prayer from our perspective:

Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death Amen.

That's really all the whole prayer is.

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The Rapture is not just the living who go up to heaven its the dead who believed too that go up, that is why there is this big debate about pre-tribulation raptures and mid-tribulation raptures, sometimes us going up does not mean its God coming down after the 7 years, the saints will come down with him to fight the Beast and maybe with them the raptured souls.
edit on 26-1-2012 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
All Catholics are going to Heaven, no matter what. That's what Jesus died for. Duh. The various Protestant sects can fight about it all they want, who gets to go and who doesn't. But they're all horribly misguided, and none of them are going, anyway.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
There will be one second coming and I don't use the name "rapture" for it as it is not a Bible name nor do I hold in any way that He will come before the Tribulation. Someday and not many years in the future we will see who sees it right and who don't. Our arguing will not solve the issue as it has been argued now for years and there is no coming together and there never will be.

Lay the ideas and see how it plays out. But most important make sure of where you are going.

Sibbs.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

is it only a Protestant thing?

No.

It is a make-believe thing.

"Rapture" concept came from a Scottish preacher in the early 1800's.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Well in The Bible it did say

Then he took the bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body, which will be given for you; do this in memory of me."

Don't know about you but if Jesus said to do something I try (but fail ALOT) to do it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I believe both will get into a Rapture, as long as Christ is the centre of your thoughts, although the traditional Catholics pray to the Saints and Mary as a way of saying they are not worthy of praying to Jesus, or the Saints are used to spread knowledge of the religion to get people interested like Easter, different regions have their own patriot Saints anyway.

The rapture... Hmm!

So you are saying that the Catholics, who actually put together the canonical Bible deciding which scriptures of the day were to be included and excluded, somehow missed the reference to the rapture that they included in the Bible?

I have gone very, very lightly on this topic, but I really think you should read a little more history before you put all your faith in you minister.

Also you are completely off base in your evaluation of the Catholics. They do pray to the Lord our God. Ever heard of the Lord's Prayer. (I myself - to be clear - am a recovering Catholic, much like a recovering alcoholic.)

When I lived in the south a co-worker informed me that Catholics worship the devil. She didn't know that I attended Catholic schools all my life and I didn't share this fact with her. Instead I asked her where she heard this - she was a friend.

"My minister told me." was the response.

I asked her what church she attended. "Baptist" was her reply.

The point of this story is that ministers can stand before their congregations and say anything that they want, and often times do. That doesn't mean it is right.

Organized religion is a business. It is for profit. The only religions that are not are a few of the Eastern ones, though China has been doing it's best to squash the best example of this into dust.

Remember, a little information is a dangerous thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by schadenfreude

ok, you're obviously not a member of the OSAS (Once Saved Always saved) doctrine. Have you ever taken the time to look it up?

gracethrufaith.com... I think does an excellent job of breaking it down.

I'm a missionary baptist and yes i've looked and nowhere in the bible is it written once saved always saved. Anyone that says that obviously failed to read Acts and Romans. Read the 7 letters to the Churches in Revelation. Jesus specifically says he has something against all the churches except Philadelphia. Our age is the Church of Laodicia. Jesus says unless you return to your first love (Him) he will remove their candlesticks.

Jesus also said there would be many false prophets coming in his names and performing signs and wonders but that they were not one of his and that you would know their fruits by their works.

I see catholic priests having sex with little boys which is not only pedophilia, but homosexuality and fornication too. Now, i dunno about you but i read in the book of Acts that when youre saved Christ's Holy Spirit comes and dwells in you and gives you the option to no longer sin should you choose it. The catholic priests are also drunkards which the Council of Jerusalem establsihed we are to not partake of strong drink because it leads to debauchery. They worship Mary as the queen of heaven and make her part of the Trinity and call her the "Queen of Heaven" which is really the goddess Astarte/Ishtar.

Do you think Christ had sex with little boys? Do you think he was homosexual? Do you think he fornicated? Do you think Christ was a drunkard? If you call yourself a christian and you do those things you are taking God's name in vain and are a blasphemer. I don't think those were the kinds of miracles the holy Spirit was supposed to work.

You want to see who the whore of babylon is? Watch these videos:

Battle of the Bibles

how the R.C.C. changed the word of God

the crime of the anti-christ (R.C.C.)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Not true!

1790 A.D. writings of Lacunza, and Morgan Edwards not to mention Pseudo +Epharaim off the top of my head.

This is a lie that is given credibility by the number of times it has beem posted, but utterly not correct.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by daslobo

Well in The Bible it did say

Then he took the bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body, which will be given for you; do this in memory of me."

Don't know about you but if Jesus said to do something I try (but fail ALOT) to do it.

Jesus was talking about a symbolic gesture. The breaking of bread together. What the Pope does is blasphemy because he transubstantiates (also Pope means "Father" something Jesus forbade any man to call himself)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
No catholic will get into Heaven because they are pagans who stole the names of our first leaders and then took over our religion in the successful attempt to transfer power from the Roman Empire to a church.

They are no Christians. ALL of the wars people like to blame on Christianity are from this evil pagan heresy. No Christian sect has ever started a war. Only pagans and pretenders.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
I believe both will get into a Rapture, as long as Christ is the centre of your thoughts, although the traditional Catholics pray to the Saints and Mary as a way of saying they are not worthy of praying to Jesus,

Hi
Please quote to me jesus telling others to pray to him.

Praying to a saint = the same thing as praying to jesus
I seem to remember Jesus praying to god, and teaching others to pray to god..why would you go against christs teachings if that is the general guideline your following? would jesus pray to himself?

I am of the opinion that, theologically, anyone whom prays to christ is missing the mark. Jesus wasn't here to take place of god, he was there to prove and deliver a message.
I am not saying its wrong or evil to pray to jesus, the saints, or your grandmother that passed last year for help in petitioning..sort of like hiring a lobbiest to talk to god on your behalf verses go talk yourself..might hold more weight.who knows, but point is, Jesus wanted prayers to go into a direct and private conversation..not through a priest, or some sort of angel, but a one on one chat and to have faith your being heard...no sacrifices, no ceremonies required...not that it somehow hurt if you did all that, but the point was, nobody is outside the ear of god.

that is at least how I was taught.

The saints and such are just the ancient roman lesser gods renamed. People loved those old gods, and didn't want to lose em converting to christianity...so..meh, rename and put certain influences in them (Christopher, the saint of travel you try to call upon when making journeys, etc). The one part of the religion I find cool..pity there is no dyonisis saint though..gotta go to the demons to find the fun old gods (lust and such)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
No catholic will get into Heaven because they are pagans who stole the names of our first leaders and then took over our religion in the successful attempt to transfer power from the Roman Empire to a church.

They are no Christians. ALL of the wars people like to blame on Christianity are from this evil pagan heresy. No Christian sect has ever started a war. Only pagans and pretenders.

How very matter of fact.
Welcome to ATS, God. Glad you can give definitive answers on these things without leeway.
Tell me, why is it you enjoy burnt offerings..

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
... I see catholic priests having sex with little boys which is not only pedophilia, but homosexuality and fornication too. Now, i dunno about you but i read in the book of Acts that when youre saved Christ's Holy Spirit comes and dwells in you and gives you the option to no longer sin should you choose it. The catholic priests are also drunkards which the Council of Jerusalem establsihed we are to not partake of strong drink because it leads to debauchery. They worship Mary as the queen of heaven and make her part of the Trinity and call her the "Queen of Heaven" which is really the goddess Astarte/Ishtar.

Do you think Christ had sex with little boys? Do you think he was homosexual? Do you think he fornicated? Do you think Christ was a drunkard? If you call yourself a christian and you do those things you are taking God's name in vain and are a blasphemer. I don't think those were the kinds of miracles the holy Spirit was supposed to work.

The Catholic Church deserves every punishment and disgrace it has received for these despicable acts. They must speed up the purge of these evil priests from their midst. But if you think it's the only denomination that abuses children you should ask the insurance companies that cover the Protestant congregations in America.

According to those companies there are an average of 260 abuse claims against Protestant churches in America per year.

If you add it up, since 1950 (when most reports start) there is actually more abuse in the Protestant denominations than in the Catholic Church. And according to the article those companies only cover the predominantly white Protestant Churches.

See for yourself:

www.insurancejournal.com...

To be clear, I'm not bashing Protestant religions, just pointing out that to just blame it on Catholics is ignoring a massive problem in many other segments of society. 98 Orthodox Jews were just arrested last month in New York. Sports has had some recent cases brought to light. This is a problem in the abuse of authority regardless of the person's occupation. We should all strive to shed light on the vermin that prey on children in all walks of life.

PS. Catholics do not worship Mary. We only ask her to pray for us. See my post above.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join