It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Has [not] Ruled, Obama [not] Off Of Ballot In Georgia! (erroneous news report)

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

edit on 1/29/2012 by glad_to_be_His because: because on second thought I don't want to be drawn into this argument.....

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

Oh, that.

Well, the author has some strong opinions about that. And gives some good examples.

I think the practical issue is how this is perceived. Author makes the point that the perception is that Obama acts as if he is above the law. I agree that this makes him look bad. Puts him in the same paragraph with Nixon, who was the same way.

The courts will work out the legal issues, we have only to wait. But Obama may create a PR problem for himself, depending on how the people perceive his actions. Reality is, "looking good in the eyes of the public" would help him get re-elected. Seems like a missed opportunity for free PR to me.

I can imagine some ways the other side could use this in ads during the election.

edit on 29-1-2012 by kawika because: fix punctuation

edit on 29-1-2012 by kawika because: add text

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

I think most people think birthers are nuts. They are. I think most folks would see him ignoring this as justified, ESP after the case is thrown out.

Birthers are basically liars. Once you understand that you see why Obama's team did what they did. Understanding the legality of it all requires a bit more research, but what he did was the right and moral thing. And the right PR thing.

Btw., what would be better in an ad, Obama not showing up to deal with a liar or footage of Obama entering a courthouse. Use your brains.
edit on 29-1-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

As to the ad, I guess it depends on which side you are on.

Except, the independents and the un-informed. Using brain...

Well, the average guy knows that if he blows off the court, he goes to jail.

So for everyone other than his base, I would say going to court would make him seem more like one of the people, and less of the elite establishment. Just my opinion...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

The average coulda blown this off and not gone to jail. Many court cases aren't "show up or go to jail". They're "show up or have a summary judgement issued against you".

No sure how else to explain this to you. There was and is no outcome of that subpoena that would've ended with Obama going to jail.

Do you understand?

Like, if you don't show up for a hearing about your dog pooping on a sidewalk, you don't go to jail, you just loose the case and get fined.

Yes? Get it?

Finally, per wiki, "...the party being subpoenaed has the right to object to the issuance of the subpoena, if it is for an improper purpose, such as subpoenaing records that have no relevance to the proceedings or of persons who would have no evidence to present."
edit on 29-1-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

If I blow off a traffic ticket, next time they stop me, they impound my car and take me to jail.

True, no danger of jail for Obama, but as I said, the average guys only has things like traffic tickets to compare to this. THe average guy, to get a job has to prove who he is, the average guy to join the military has to sign forms that he never did drugs and prove who he is.

By blowing off court, Obama displayed his eliteness, his czarness. He pretends to be down for the struggle, but he is really an elite phony. And packaged the right way, on tv, in a commercial, it could hurt him for the election.

He could have easily diffused it and made it a non issue. That was a missed opportunity.

Show up with the goods and make the birthers look silly, missed opportunity...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
There in the upper left hand corner of Georgia is the Sovereign State of Dade.

Dade seceeded from the Union in 1860, well before the rest of Georgia.

The State of Dade did not formally rejoin the Union until 1945.

Some say that the State of Dade still holds their own elections.

State's Rights continues to exist in some pockets of America.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Showing up to this would have made it a news issue for weeks and made every birther in the land rejoice...

Only on ATS would this be a good idea...

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Showing up to this would have made it a news issue for weeks and made every birther in the land rejoice...

Only on ATS would this be a good idea...

Only if he lost.

If he won it would be good for him and bad for brand x. Had he shown up it could have won him the election, the birthers would have been so embarrassed. No one would ever take them seriously ever again. They may have never recovered. He could have struck a mortal blow to his opposition.

Still will be in the news eventually, only delayed...

Wait'n for the ruling...

edit on 29-1-2012 by kawika because: add quote

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nwdogg1982

Meanwhile, the country falls apart due to the terrible economy.

Why waste time on this crap when there are PRESSING MATTERS THAT REQUIRE ATTENTION!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

That's absolutely NOT true. Ask any PR person, people remember the accusation, not the verdict.

Obama being forced into a court house to answer these charges implies there's something to them.

Basic PR 101.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It may all be a strategy. Hold out on the goods until just the right moment. Embarrass the opposition.

I think he is smarter than we give him credit for. I think the Kenyan guy might not be the real dad.

If he is off the ballot in Georgia, you are suggesting that that will not make the news? Press will wait for the official ruling. But then they will certainly run with it.

I think it will, unless there is some other huge thing in the news as a distraction.
edit on 29-1-2012 by kawika because: corectolated spel'n err

edit on 29-1-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

1) he wont be off the ballot, there's no legal reason
2) the news will justifiably be about the crazy birthers
3) thinking he has a different dad is just wacky

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Obama has nothing to gain by going into court, and everything to lose.

As it stands now.

1. Obama is the president.
2. He is officially a natural born citizen. (As evidenced by the fact that he is president)
3. The vast majority of America believes his background story.

If he were to go to court, what does he gain?

Nothing.

What does he stand to lose?

All of the above.

Why would he risk it on a single judgment when it is already his by law?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yup...

That is why.

He might have lost if he went in there. Can't risk that.

But I think less of him, for not being brave and facing the music.

He probably does not think much of me either...

How many days now...

05 04 03 02 01 31 30 29 Seven and change.

Just like waiting for the hearing.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

He was never gonna loose. You really should read up on the birther allegations as they're all complete bs.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
Yup...

That is why.

He might have lost if he went in there. Can't risk that.

But I think less of him, for not being brave and facing the music.

Wait.. you think because Obama finally drew a line in the sand and said, (paraphrased) "Enough. I have done everything required of me by law to prove my eligibility. This is a mockery of Georgia court." that he is being a coward?

How long should someone be forced to suffer the whims of fools?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by kawika

He was never gonna loose. You really should read up on the birther allegations as they're all complete bs.

IMO - - even if some wording or something is found that questions Obama's eligibility - - I do not believe the American government will allow the first official black president to be ruled ineligible.

Weighing the consequences of how it would affect the country - - - I don't see it ever happening.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I honestly think there's people that would destroy America if they thought here was a chance it'd benefit them. Lots of politicians are probably on that list.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Hi Annee,

Maybe not all the states, but I really think that Georgia is going to do just that.

It is like the old bimbo eruptions when Bill Clinton was president. They will have to scramble around and do damage control. If they could have avoided it they should have. Just my opinion here gang.

So, is there any fresh news? I brought a new article. What have you all got?

Annee, what is up with you living in two places. Mom lives in Escondido and has a place in Michigan. Snow birds we call them. But it does not snow here. I am in Simi Valley.

Ok, all good posts, good job gang.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join