It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Has [not] Ruled, Obama [not] Off Of Ballot In Georgia! (erroneous news report)

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

My lord! I am talking about citizenship that is by BIRTH. My Children are eligible but I am not because of my Russian citizenship conveyed by BIRTH.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wanakita
So 2 guys decide who you can vote for? That doesnt sound like a democracy to me. Regardless of the reason behind it, this is an affront to the constitutional given rights of standing for election.

It's not a democracy, nor is it supposed to be. It's not an "affront" to the constitution. it is in support of the Constitution, and finally, the Constitution doesn't GIVE you any rights at all - it's there to limit government interference with the rights you were born with.

FAIL, all the way around.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by candcantiques

It doesn't matter. You're talking about what another country decides to give you based on ther own laws. The analogy holds up. If North Korea decided to change their laws to give you citizenship the US wouldn't care.

The US only cares if you were born here, not if your parents were born somewhere else (and all that that implies).

Congrats, you DEF can run for President if you were born in the US. 100%

I'm going to requote Indigo again:

OK let's start with "the framers of the Constitution"... Riddle me this...How many of them were born on "British Soil"? Were George Washingtons parents born on "British Soil"? Was George Washington himself born on British Soil? Was George Washington born to American Citizens? Hint: America was not founded until 1776. I know...I know....not fair right? But birthers are the ones that are obsessed with inflating (out of context) minutia in legal rulings, we should at least acknowledge that George Washington himself would not qualify by today's ever so intransient new birther definition of "Natural Born". OK...How about these Presidents... Andrew Jackson (1829-1837) is the only president born of two immigrants, both Irish. Presidents with one immigrant parent are Thomas Jefferson (1801-1809), whose mother was born in England, James Buchanan (1857-1861) and Chester Arthur (1881-1885), both of whom had Irish fathers, and Woodrow Wilson (1913-1921) and Herbert Hoover (1929-1933), whose mothers were born respectively in England and Canada. All born with Dual citizenship BTW... If we want to consider modern examples.... Mitt Romney's father was born in Mexico...and his parents had been in Mexico since they were kids....the citizenship laws at the time that extended citizenship to offspring abroad required that the parents have been in the USA sometime 5 years prior to giving birth abroad. So Romney's dad did not have American Citizenship when he crossed the border back into the USA in 1908...and he never applied for naturalization. It became an issue when Romney's dad ran for President in 1968 with his GOP competitor for the nomination asking for a special council to investigate George Romney's eligability. George Romney dropped out two months later, so the issue was dropped. Mitt Romney is an Anchor Baby. How about Rick Santorum...Both his parents were born in Italy...Rick has refused to release their naturalization records showing they came here legally. Those records should be available on Ancestry.com, but they aint there.

Read that carefully.

edit on 27-1-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Eisenhower's father, David Jacob Eisenhower (1863–1942) was a college-educated engineer but had trouble making a living, and the family was poor.[5] Eisenhower's mother, Ida Elizabeth Stover, born in Virginia of German Lutheran ancestry, moved to Kansas from Virginia. She married David Jacob on September 23, 1885 in Lecompton, Kansas on the campus of their alma mater, Lane University. The family lived in Texas from 1889 until 1892, and then returned to Kansas.

Eisenhowers mother and father were BOTH united States citizens at the time of his birth . Eisenhower was "natural born"

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

This is a crazy bit of illogical "reasoning".

The only way Obama could be a citizen and not be eligible is if he wasn't born in the US, which he was. You don't need to be grandfathered in if you're born here.

Well, that's not the only way. If he renounced his U.S. citizenship in order to obtain an Indonesian passport and attended school there as an Indonesian citizen, he would also not be eligible.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

You need to read "law of nations"

An English-language translation of Emerich de Vattel's 1758 treatise The Law of Nations (original French title: Le Droit du gens), stating that "The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country of parents who are citizens," was quoted in 1857 by Supreme Court justice Peter Vivian Daniel in a concurring opinion in Dred Scott v. Sandford,[17] as well as by Chief Justice Melville Fuller in 1898 in his dissenting opinion in United States v. Wong Kim Ark.[18]

Parents. two of them BOTH being citizens before the childs birth. They can be immigrants as long as they have given up all other citizenships and sworn an oath to the United States and become American citizens BEFORE the birth of the children. In that way the children are now "natural born" as described in the Constitution that a President MUST be
edit on 27-1-2012 by candcantiques because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Doesn't matter, Germany grants citizenship, like Ireland, based on grandparents... Italy and Ireland, can go back to great grandparents.

Both of Rick Santorum's parents are Italian btw.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Jesus. That Vattel # has been debunked about a million times.

For example:

www.obamaconspiracy.org...
edit on 27-1-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is getting to be a long thread.

Hard to read it all.

But I am reading some posts that doubt that the hearing happened at all.

I testify that I was streaming it, it did happen.

Some are saying the sources are all blogs or unreliable.

Most of you are new on this topic. If you look back at the old threads that started weeks before the hearing, I would think that you would be impressed that you read about it here first. The things you can find easily here are not carried by the MSM or reliable sites. That is why we hang out here, right?

And finally, to all the Obama supporters here so sure that nothing will come of this. A week ago you were saying the hearing would not even happen. Maybe you are missing something?

Here is what I found looking for news today. Posted a snippet. Click the link to read all.

American THinker Story Here

Cindy Simpson writes:

President Obama has a habit of turning his back and walking away from those with whom he disagrees, as recently discovered by Arizona Governor Jan Brewer. Professor John Lott, in an interview with Teri O’Brien, recalled similar experiences with Obama while at the University of Chicago.

Ms. O’Brien commented to Professor Lott: “Gods don’t debate. They just issue decrees.”

And apparently they also tend to place themselves above the law.

Maybe just a little more...

After only two hours for three hearings that most spectators had expected to take several, Judge Malihi asked the attorneys to file briefs by February 5 and dismissed the courtroom. No date has been set for his decision.
Rumors began flying around the blogosphere almost immediately -- primarily one that the judge had informed the attorneys, in the pre-hearing conference, that he intended to enter a default judgment against Obama. If true, that would essentially mean that yet another action against Obama's eligibility has resulted in no decision on the merits.
Under Georgia law, the Secretary of State had properly deferred the ballot challenges to the OSAH for the court's opinion, and the determination of whether or not Obama's name will appear on the Georgia ballot ultimately rests with the Secretary.
Regardless of the outcome in Georgia, it appears that Obama has openly shown his disregard for the laws of that state. According to Irion, Obama has also "decided that he is above the Courts, the law, and the Constitution. He has just indicated...that he is not subject to their authority. This is the true story from today, yet almost no one will report it."

Read more: www.americanthinker.com...

Really good stuff here...

The compilation of this information was then verified by another expert witness, a retired Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) investigator. He testified that the anomalies seen on Obama's records, Social Security Number and birth certificate which had different Registrars for similar certificates that were issued within days of one another was difficult to explain. The out of Sequence birth certificate issuance numbers which were lower than Obama's, though issued several days after his birth, was difficult to explain as these numbers are issued sequentially. There were issues with the official embossed seal that were not accurate for similar records issued during this time period in Hawaii, his birthplace. He testified that these anomalies rose to the level that would require further investigation, possible arrest and prosecution for documents that had the cumulative defects that Obama's exhibited in similar investigation of false documents.

Since Obama and his attorney chose not to be present a defense and dispute the evidence that was presented, this can be taken as an admission that all of the evidence admitted were indeed facts and may not be disputed at a later time on appeal!

edit on 27-1-2012 by kawika because: added link

edit on 27-1-2012 by kawika because: add quote

edit on 27-1-2012 by kawika because: add quote

edit on 27-1-2012 by kawika because: added link

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Eisenhowers parents voluntarily gave up their german citizenship AND took an oath to this country before the birth of IKE. It doesnt matter what any country wants to give you. It matters what you were BORN with. If your parents, both of them are american citizens you are natural born at birth.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
reply to post by nenothtu

It requires zero parents to be NBC. Born in America is sufficient.

The one parent rule you cite only applies to single mothers when the child is born over seas (there are no residency/age restrictions when both parents are know citizens and the child is born over seas).

Obama was not born overseas. He was born in Hawai'i which was American soil long before it was a state.

NEITHER parent has to be a "natural born citizen", but one has to be a citizen in order to inherit citizen status from them. "Natural born citizen" status and "citizen" status are not interchangeable, which is why both possibilities were specified in Article II Section 1 of the Constitution.

From what I'm reading, inheritance must be through the father if he is known, but I suppose that is open to "interpretation".

The residency and age restriction on parental citizenship were in effect at the time Obama (and myself) was born. The parent had to have been a citizen for 10 years, 5 of which must have been above the age of 16. Obama's mother was 2 years short of that last requirement, and of course his father was not a citizen at all.

Here is a source on that. There are others, citing chapter and verse of that law. This one is a discussion of the matter, fairly in-depth.

The "territorial" question has come up before in presidential eligibility. It's not as cut and dried as simply saying "it was a territory, so it's all good".

edit on 2012/1/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It is WIDELY known as FACT that the framers referred to Vattels writings when creating the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This thread enforces my opinion that the average ATS'er doesn't have a lick of common sense in them.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

That is absolutely untrue.

There's no basis for what you're claiming, that you're parents have to be American for you to be "natural born". That's an internet hoax.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Yes - it definitely does.

The Constitution is not set in stone. It is open for interpretation. Thus we have amendments and rulings.

No, it's not "set in stone", it's written on "a goddamned piece of parchment". It's pretty clearly written, and not open for interpretation - that's why there IS an Amendment process.

Judicial rulings in cases of conflict are not "interpretations", they are a comparison of the law in question against the legality of it already written into the Constitution. The are, in effect, evaluations of the new law, measured against the established Constitution. If the law is found lacking in that comparison, then the Constitution must be amended to allow for it, not "interpreted".

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

WOW ! I cannot help you. You refuse to listen to the truth. I wish everyone the best and more importantly I wish everyone the gift of intelligence

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Yeah, but the words "natural born citizen" is not in the French.

"Les Naturels ou indigènes font ceux qui font nés dans le pays de Parens Citoyens."

The only English translation available to the framers also didn't say "natural born citizens"

That's from 1760and the only English translation at the time.

They read it, but they didn't get the phrase from it and they CERTAINLY didn't take a definition of a phrase Vattel didn't use and insert it into the constitution.

The whole Vattel thing is another birther conspiracy with no legs.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Good luck yerself. You obviously have no idea what your talking about.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Anybody else think PTOUS looking unusually somber today? He is speaking in Cambridge Md.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Here is a summary of the physical evidence introduced at the hearing yesterday.

Source link here

P2. Affidavit of Senior Deportation Officer with the Department of Homeland Security John Sampson, showing that Obama is using Connecticut SSN 042-68-4425
p3. Affidavit of Adobe Illustrator expert Felicito Papa, showing Obama's alleged true and correct copy of his birth certificate to be a computer generated forgery
P4. Affidavit of witness Linda Jordan, attesting to the fact, that SSN 042-68-4425, used by Obama, does not pass E-Verify
p6. Selective service certificate showing Obama using SSN 042-68-4425 and official printout from Social Security Number Verification Services, showing that 042-68-4425 was never issued to Barack Obama, attached e-mail from Colonel Gregory Hollister
p7. Affidavit of Adobe Illustrator expert Felicito Papa, showing that Obama is using CT SSN 042-68-4425 on his 2009 tax returns
p9. Hawaiian birth certificate 61-00637 of Susan Nordyke, born a few hours after Obama in Kapiolani Hospital, looks completely different from alleged copy of birth certificate of Obama
p10. Passport records of Stanley Ann Dunham Obama, mother of Barack Obama, showing Obama listed in her passport under the name Barack Obama Soebarkah, attached affidavit by Chris Strunk, recipient of Obama's passport records under FOIA
p11. Barack Obama's Indonesian school registration card #203, date accepted January 1, 1968, released by the Associated Press in Indonesia, showing him using last name Soetoro and listing citizenship -Indonesia....
Amicus Brief. Mr. Leo Donofrio, Esq.

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join