It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Has [not] Ruled, Obama [not] Off Of Ballot In Georgia! (erroneous news report)

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Thats it , go ahead and play the Race Card . Life isn't fair , Boo Freakin Hoo . Like the Late Dr. Martin Luther King said , Men should be judged by the Content of their Character, and not by the Color of their Skin . In Obama's Case , his Character has been found Lacking , and as the Leader of the Free World Elected by the Politic , he must face his Detractors and Answer to them Himself as a Man , for it goes with the Job .........

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Can anyone say "President Biden"? That is without choking? The fallout from actually removing a sitting president can and will be a devastating event in and of itself. But putting THIS joker in the Oval Office, even for a few months, would be insane. This is why Clinton chose Gore to be his running mate. No one one either side of the isle wanted to see Al as Chief Executive. It's an "ace in the hole" kind of thing.

Regardless of the "natural born" status requirements Mr. Sotero HAD to have dropped his U.S. citizenship when he became a student in Indonesia. That's the requirement for him attending school there as a child and recieving any other state offered services while there. Once dropped his U.S. citizenship might be regained but not as "natural born".

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by stormson

Look, not everything I've seen shares that same interpretation of natural born citizen. You can characterize it as "birther nonsense" all you want. I'm not a "birther", but I do think this issue has merit.

en.wikipedia.org... _U.S._Constitution

An English-language translation of Emerich de Vattel's 1758 treatise The Law of Nations (original French title: Le Droit du gens), stating that "The natives, or natural-born citizens, are those born in the country of parents who are citizens," was quoted in 1857 by Supreme Court justice Peter Vivian Daniel in a concurring opinion in Dred Scott v. Sandford,[17] as well as by Chief Justice Melville Fuller in 1898 in his dissenting opinion in United States v. Wong Kim Ark.[18]
Alexander Porter Morse, the lawyer who represented Louisiana in Plessy v. Ferguson,[19] wrote in the Albany Law Journal:

If it was intended that anybody who was a citizen by birth should be eligible, it would only have been necessary to say, “no person, except a native-born citizen”; but the framers thought it wise, in view of the probable influx of European immigration, to provide that the president should at least be the child of citizens owing allegiance to the United States at the time of his birth. It may be observed in passing that the current phrase “native-born citizen” is well understood; but it is pleonasm and should be discarded; and the correct designation, “native citizen” should be substituted in all constitutional and statutory enactments, in judicial decisions and in legal discussions where accuracy and precise language are essential to intelligent discussion.[20]

Even on that page I quoted from, there are various DIFFERING opinions from history.

The law is full of nuances. Wording CAN and DOES make a difference.

I don't know WHY everyone is so hot and bothered about this topic that they can't see that the issue is FAR from cut and dried.

Either way, I look forward to seeing how the judge rules. If he, after examining the law, the Constitution, and other court decisions, decides Obama meets the definition of natural born citizen, that'll put the issue to bed for me.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by stormson
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

more birther garbage. what does the constitution say about presidential requirements?

Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

according to law, what is a "natural born citizen"?

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"
•Anyone born inside the United States *
•Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
•Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
•Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
•Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
•Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
•Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
•A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.
* There is an exception in the law — the person must be "subject to the jurisdiction" of the United States. This would exempt the child of a diplomat, for example, from this provision.

if you look at the first point, its states born in the u.s. (exceptions are for diplomats and foreign gov officials) as natural born citizen. obama was born in hawaii to a u.s. citizen. his fathers citizenship is irrelevent. point five states one citizen parent that has lived in the u.s. for a year and his mother did, born in a u.s. possession and hawaii is a u.s. possession because its a state. point seven even covers obama if he was born overseas cause his mother was a citizen and had five years living in the u.s.

so no matter what your opinion, according to the law, obama is a u.s. natural born citizen and able to be president simply by virtue of his mother.

This is and has been common knowledge.

Your post should have more stars than any other in this thread. The fact that it does not, is a nice reflection on the mentality of our world. I gotta laugh every time someone wants Obama to go to jail for this. People just run day mouth while making themselves look the fool.

Judge and SOS should be in deep #. If I was commander in chief, I would let the boys in black go pick em up and have at my desk in the morning. Then I would let the media in with cameras so I could ream them both out in front of the world. I am a powerful leader, However Barry has more tact than I ever will. Even with tact, I do predict the parties involved will be made to look the fools son enough.

Shame on you Georgia boneheads! I hope old bamer sticks it to ya real subtle (yet rel hard) and quiet like in his next term.
Perhaps then you won't be SO full of your F-ed up civil war heritage....it's over fools.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

you bring up what some dude wrote before the constitution was even written. now please read what the law says-

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in the gaps left by the Constitution. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:

(a) a person born in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof;

(b) a person born in the United States to a member of an Indian, Eskimo, Aleutian, or other aboriginal tribe: Provided, That the granting of citizenship under this subsection shall not in any manner impair or otherwise affect the right of such person to tribal or other property;

(c) a person born outside of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents both of whom are citizens of the United States and one of whom has had a residence in the United States or one of its outlying possessions, prior to the birth of such person;

(d) a person born outside of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year prior to the birth of such person, and the other of whom is a national, but not a citizen of the United States;

(e) a person born in an outlying possession of the United States of parents one of whom is a citizen of the United States who has been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a continuous period of one year at any time prior to the birth of such person;

(f) a person of unknown parentage found in the United States while under the age of five years, until shown, prior to his attaining the age of twenty-one years, not to have been born in the United States;

(g) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years: Provided, That any periods of honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or periods of employment with the United States Government or with an international organization as that term is defined in section 288 of title 22 by such citizen parent, or any periods during which such citizen parent is physically present abroad as the dependent unmarried son or daughter and a member of the household of a person
(A) honorably serving with the Armed Forces of the United States, or

(B) employed by the United States Government or an international organization as defined in section 288 of title 22, may be included in order to satisfy the physical-presence requirement of this paragraph. This proviso shall be applicable to persons born on or after December 24, 1952, to the same extent as if it had become effective in its present form on that date; and

(h) a person born before noon (Eastern Standard Time) May 24, 1934, outside the limits and jurisdiction of the United States of an alien father and a mother who is a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, had resided in the United States.

www.law.cornell.edu...

according to the law, he is a natural born citizen. doesnt matter what some guy wrote in 1753 or what the founders "meant", the law is the law as written. in regards to subsection a) "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" is the exception for diplomatic families and non-citizens in a foreign govs employ, i.e. embassy staff. obamas father was neither and upon legal entry into the u.s. fell under u.s. jurisdiction.

the whole birther arguement is null and void.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

It always comes down to your Moms.

And really, case closed.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

the whole birther arguement is null and void.

Ain't that the truth!!

Are they gonna listen though.....? I doubt it.

:shk:
edit on 27/1/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Great but now.....

Who in the hell is going to actually enforce this now?

I see a massive lawsuit coming ASAP against the State Dept of GA/Elections Board etc. They will try to tie it up in Federal court and thus making it a voided issue-at least until after the election....

Ugh....

Okay. One State... and counting.

I say..... 15 states will follow suit with this type of action. Any takers?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:

You have just showed law that defined a "national and citizen". I'm still not convinced that law defined "natural born citizen".

I do not dispute that Obama is a citizen. But is he a "natural born citizen"? That law you cited doesn't even mention "natural born citizen".

Maybe it seems I am being obtuse to you, by picking apart the actual words. But WORDS are SO important in law. VERY small differences in wording can imply very different meanings.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

as i have posted with links what the law considers a birth citizen to be. please show current law to define "natural born citizen" if it differs from the law as listed for granting citizenship at birth.

was obama unnaturally born?

edit on 27-1-2012 by stormson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
You know, I find myself spending less and less time on this site and it's due to partisan far-reaching B.S. postings like this that are not based in any form of reality.

There is NOTHING truthful about Obama not being allowed on the ballot.

www.ajc.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
You can try and claim you're not a birther, but i think you know the truth. Americans like playing very dishonest games. We like to play "pretend". We all ask "how are you doing?" but 99% of the time you don't really want to know. We all put on fake smiles and lie to our neighbors, but that's our culture, I suppose. You could also pretend that you would care about the absolute definition of natural born citizen if our current President wasn't a Dark skinned man with a different sounding name, but you, and I, both know none of this would of come about if Obama was lighter skinned, and named Phil Rogers.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
who is this guy that other folks (apparently) voted for, he is nothing short of a paper trail that no one can read about.
no friends
no girl friends
ya gotta wonder where he came from.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
tu du tu du du hey!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Too bad truth has such little power here. S.O. knows this birther bs is unsubstantiated.
Ask yourselves why the mods let the birther bs fill up the boards.

I would have put a stop to many things long ago, including summarizing hundred (I mean 3+ page) page threads in post #2 so you don't have to read all the emotionally biased junk.

For example, you could start with this silly thread, place a big red text note "Birther attitude will be frowned upon since it belittles and terrorizes the position of the commander in chief, unlawfully" "ATS will not support this unlawful behavior".

welp, there ya go fellas, just copy and paste! No more of these distractions!

edit on 27-1-2012 by assspeaker because: font

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Syyth007

More like the Devil was scared to go to Georgia....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Lighten up folks and enjoy the show, it's still to early to tell if Obama is an extraterrestrial or not.

LOL
edit on 27-1-2012 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

exactly... the birthers like to parrot the whole, "this has set a legal precedent" BS, but the real precedent woulda been set if Obama DID show.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

no #, that's why so many time the actual law has said NBC means anyone born in the US. It's only birthers that pretend this is in ANY WAY in dispute. Chester Arthur's dad was born in Ireland. Still a (Republican) President in all of my history books.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

As is typical of all birthers, they post completely false info and act all superior.

You just posted a completely different ID is this relevant?

You call this proof of a fake really?

Im acting all superior? How ? How am i a "birther" by the way?

I have to have a label now? Makes things simple for you to lump everyone in to a category - this is illogical

See everything in black and white much do you?

I was for Obama up until he released that fake birth certificate PDF from the white house then lied about what happened to Bin Laden a few days later using that in itself as a ploy for support. I was for Obama the guy with the peace prize until he had suspects assassinated without due process even denying an American his amended rights and a trial sending him to his death. Then l he signed the NDAA bill, i was for Obama before he showed his true colors.I campaigned and caucused for him and voted for him. He is NOT THE MAN WE THOUGHT HE WAS!

That Student ID was faked, by birthers, because they realise most birthers are either too stupid or have too much faith to question anything.

Then you should back up your claims rather make empty claims. You cant debunk the evidence so you name call and use the MSM's favorite tactic that is to attack the people instead of the data.

Which are you?

What am I? I am an American that believes in the constitution, I believe in what is right! I believe in fairness and justice!

The sad thing, the really sad thing, is that you BELIEVED this forgery... and worse still, the fact that this is BS won't actually convince you to, you know, check and see if the other birther stuff you believe is also BS.

No the sad thing is you have been conditioned to enable, protect, defend, justify a Liar and a FRAUD!

hint: most of the birther stuff you believe is BS.

That statement just ruined your credibility and confirmed Obummer is not who he says he is, most of the birther stuff you believe is BS you just said most! OK then if most is BS then SOME is true then the guy should not be in office. Thank you

BTW and FYI i don't believe the OP's claims until i actually see proof of this just like i have yet to see Obama prove he is a citizen as opposed to dual citizenship
edit on 27-1-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join