It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Has [not] Ruled, Obama [not] Off Of Ballot In Georgia! (erroneous news report)

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It's threads like this that make me get out from under my blanket made from the finest apathy, and hope beyond all hope Barry gets re-elected.

4 more years!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I see it on a few small websites but not on any big, more reliable sources. If this was
100%, it would be all over CNN and every news channel/website at the moment.
No where to be found on CNN.
edit on 26-1-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
It's threads like this that make me get out from under my blanket made from the finest apathy, and hope beyond all hope Barry gets re-elected.

4 more years!

seriously this site has gone down hill so much the past five years, so much hidden racism it makes me sick.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If no one is above the law, then I guess a lot of you wouldn't mind seeing George Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfield, Condeleeza Rice and Colin Powell get some serious arrest warrants tossed their way for the lies that got us into the Iraq War. You righties are all reaction. How much energy did you put into whether or not George Bush stole the Florida elections? I bet your still trying to find the truth about that. Obama is the President of the United States, he doesn't have to show up in some state courthouse to answer anything. You must know that from the 911 Commission's interviews of the Bush Regime, where they were done in private with no official recording of what questions were asked or answered. Don't be so lopsided in your hatred of of Obama or the U.S. Government. You all support Republican elected officials unquestioningly. And I don't want to hear the nonsense that it's not Obama, it's the Federal Government as a whole. It's B.S. You hate this man for whatever reasons Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh tell you to hate him for. Clean up your own house before you go with your broom sticks and mop bucket mobs to the Democrats house. Theirs a lot of money bag Republicans who get away with murder and don't get a peep of scrutiny from you guys! Get it together righties.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OGOldGreg
I see it on a few small websites but not on any big, more reliable sources. If this was
100%, it would be all over CNN and every news channel/website at the moment.
No where to be found on CNN.
edit on 26-1-2012 by OGOldGreg because: (no reason given)

I laughed out loud.You are on a conspiracy website and you doubt anything that wasn't on the MSM. It did happen. What the outcome is is still up in the air. But there was a judge and a courtroom and lawyers and such.

I have no dog in this fight, but really.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNitro94

I am on record here as posting that I opposed the PATRIOT ACT and even gave a Power Point Presentation on it. I wonder how many people here have done that without an anonymous mask.
edit on 26-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
You wonder if this will do any damage to the man securing the nomination. It will certainly make people wonder.

But with the NWO does our vote even matter?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by mrlqban

No, that is not the argument. The argument is that a natural born citizen would require both parents to be Citizens, either naturalized, or born in the U.S. at the time of the person's birth. The parents can be born anywhere, they just have to be citizen at the time of one's birth. And Mitt's parents were citizens when he was born.

I don't believe it has to be both parents, only one. In Obama's case, there are age and length of residency requirements that his mother did not meet, which are complicated by the fact that Hawaii was not a state until shortly before his birth. This means that she may have been a life-long resident of Hawaii, but it had not been a state long enough for her to meet the residency requirements in the United States.

There are other murky factors as well, such as the fact that since his father was Kenyan, Obama started out life with a dual US-British citizenship, and then there was that sojourn in Indonesia where he acquired another citizenship status for educational purposes, and the waters get pretty dog gone muddy.

I think this is the argument against his "natural born citizen" status, rather than his father's citizenship or the actual patch of ground he was born upon.

Honestly, i think you are totally confused about this whole issue. Whether you believe that it has to be one parent or two has no relevance. Besides, state why do you believe so. Do you really know what's being presented? Comon, just read a bit.
There were 3 cases that preceded in Georgia today. All of those 3 cases have different arguments. The first 2 dealt with similar issues and the question whether or not Obama is a natural born citizen because his father was never a citizen. The third case is about the kenyan stuff and the ssn, and the birth certificate, and the Indonesia stuff and so on.
I personally not interested in the last case. The first two cases are based on a legal question and it's a legal matter only, that is, if you are born with divided allegiance, meaning, with one or no U.S. citizen parents, are you a natural born citizen of the United States per the Constitution? That is the argument.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by candcantiques
Did you catch that?
Every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of PARENTS (2) NOT OWING ALLEGIANCE TO ANY FOREIGN SOVERIGNTY, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural-born citizen.

At birth Obama was a citizen of 2 countries. NOT ONE TWO. He is NOT NATURAL BORN

This is false.

The "Owing allegiance to foreign sovereignty" refers to children of diplomats on US soil.

His mother was a US citizen, and he was a US citizen by birth at the moment of his birth, hence he is natural born.

There are only two classes of citizens, those who are natural born and those who are not. There is no dispute that Obama is a citizen of the US.

Somebody who is not natural born citizen needs to be naturalized (as in go through a process with forms, tests, signatures and oath).

Obama was not so naturalized.

There is no positive evidence Obama was born outside the USA, as in an official birth certificate from a foreign jurisdiction.

Conclusion: Obama is a natural born citizen.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Finally !!! When I first saw this clown years ago I new within a few minutes he was a fake from hell.
His "yes we can" bullsh*t turned out just as I new it would. It's to late for this Nation of bloated zombies
but it"s good to read that finally a state calls his number.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It is all hustles and stunts. A load of Bollocks.
There are fixed plans in place for this year. Everything else is distraction.
Obama is an actor playing his part.
9/11 and JFK have surely taught us that NO government official
is trustworthy.
The real world teeters, yet the beat goes on.
Fakery shapes, and the many fall.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Annee

Obama is Marxist. That is no religion.

Name a Marxist policy that Obama has actively pursued, one which Marxists would recognize as Marxist.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
we have been following this story all day. Obama has actually said ''THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO DON'T WANT TO DISCLOSE THE TRUTH ARE THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE.'' -he has fought each ''birther'' case with millions of his own dollars to avoid the TRUTH.guess BARRY knows what he is talking about in this one instance. one INDONESIAN CITIZEN is sitting in the WHITE HOUSE pretending to be A LEGITIMATE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA.-AND IT IS DISGUSTING that out CONGRESS turned a blind eye to this TREASONOUS INDIVIDUAL. Orly Taitz and THE LIBERTY FOUNDATION have just saved our country from being destroyed from the inside by domestic enemies. GOD BLESS ORLY, she is an AMERICAN HERO...who has NOT been silenced by the MAINSTREAM MEDIA even though they were frightened that their ''golden child'' might be a FRAUD. HE IS PRETEND JOURNALISTS the TRUTH CAN NOT BE SILENCED.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by jacklondonmiller
These backwoods idiots are simply amazing, as big government as they come,
they get to determine who people can vote for, two men make that decision for
the whole state of people.

Or,....perhaps somthing called the Constitution tells us who is eligible to run for president, and finally someone has looked at the definition of "natural born citizen"...

If that is the case, then surely ONLY Native Americans should be eligable to be the President

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by candcantiques
There is a distinction, a CLEAR distinction between citizen and natural born citizen.

no there is not

Obama is a citizen. He is NOT a natural born citizen.

he is a naturally born citizen. There are 2 types of citizens, naturalised and naturally born, as Obama was not naturalised he is a naturally born citizen.

No, this is not the case or any one born here could become President. Why is there a different classification for President than for Senators? The answer is that there is a difference between a citizen and a natural born citizen.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by candcantiques

I know what the Constitution says. I am not ignorant to what this case is about.

Why do you think the Constitution has amendments?

This is not about Obama - - but about wording.

No, it's about whether or not Obama ignored that wording. The Constitution did not ignore itself - if such was done, someone, some person had to have done it, and that is what is under consideration. It's not a matter of the Constitution being on trial.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by spoor

he is a naturally born citizen. There are 2 types of citizens, naturalised and naturally born, as Obama was not naturalised he is a naturally born citizen.

No, this is not the case or any one born here could become President.

Unless they were born to diplomats, then yes.

Why is there a different classification for President than for Senators? The answer is that there is a difference between a citizen and a natural born citizen.

Natural born citizen is a subset of citizen - the difference has been explained to you - try to understand it.

Her's some more:

In the case of United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898), the Supreme Court ruled that a person becomes a citizen of the United States at the time of birth, by virtue of the first clause of the 14th Amendment, if that person:

Is born in the United States
Has parents that are subjects of a foreign power, but not in any diplomatic or official capacity of that foreign power
Has parents that have permanent domicile and residence in the United States
Has parents that are in the United States for business

The Supreme Court has never explicitly ruled on whether children born in the United States to illegal immigrant parents are entitled to birthright citizenship via the 14th Amendment,[6] although it has generally been assumed that they are.[7]
deny ignorance

link   
reply to post by candcantiques

Obamas father was NEVER an American citizen.

Neither was Wong Kim Ark's.

link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Spread the word? What word? What a joke this thread, as almost every "birther" thread, is.

Letter from letter from President Barack Obama’s attorney, Michael Jablonski...

blogs.ajc.com...

The Secretary of State should withdraw the hearing request as being improvidently issued. A referring agency may withdraw the request at any time. Ga. Comp. R. & Regs. r. 616-1-2-.17(1). Indeed, regardless of the collapse of proceedings before the ALJ, the original hearing request was defective as a matter of law. Terry v. Handel, 08cv158774S (Superior Court Fulton County, 2008), appeal dismissed, No. S09D0284 (Ga. Supreme Court), reconsideration denied, No. S09A1373. (“The Secretary of State of Georgia is not given any authority that is discretionary nor any that is mandatory to refuse to allow someone to be listed as a candidate for President by a political party because she believes that the candidate might not be qualified.”) Similarly, no law gives the Secretary of State authority to determine the qualifications of someone named by a political party to be on the Presidential Preference Primary ballot. Your duty is determined by the statutory requirement that the Executive Committee of a political party name presidential preference primary candidates. O.C.G.A. § 21-2-193. Consequently, the attempt to hold hearings on qualifications which you may not enforce is ultra vires.

We await your taking the requested action, and as we do so, we will, of course, suspend further participation in these proceedings, including the hearing scheduled for January 26.

Brian Kemp's reply...

docs.google.com...

In following the procedures set forth in the Georgia Election Code, I expect the administrative law judge
to report his findings to me after his full consideration of the evidence and law. Upon receipt of the
report, I will fully and fairly review the entire record and initial decision of the administrative law judge.

Anything you and your client place in the record in response to the challenge will be beneficial to my
review of the initial decision; however, if you and your client choose to suspend your participation in the
' OSAH proceedings, please understand that you do so at your own peril.

Thread heading is misleading. This has barely happened yet and all this foaming at the mouth? Wow. And it's all a waste of time and money, in my opinion, and thinly veiled racism hiding behind cries of "Constitution!!!" to boot. Every time I come into a birther thread I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Highly speculative? This is a HOAX thread with outright lies in it.
edit on 1/26/2012 by ~Lucidity because: bolded

If the Sec. State for GA has acted ultra vires, that is actually quite a shocking and serious thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by jacklondonmiller
These backwoods idiots are simply amazing, as big government as they come,
they get to determine who people can vote for, two men make that decision for
the whole state of people.

Or,....perhaps somthing called the Constitution tells us who is eligible to run for president, and finally someone has looked at the definition of "natural born citizen"...

If that is the case, then surely ONLY Native Americans should be eligable to be the President

Indeed. What about their parent's parents. And theirs. And theirs. And so on!

Answer? Wotan wins the internet!

edit on Thu Jan 26 2012 by Rren because: unintentional "h"

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join