It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Has [not] Ruled, Obama [not] Off Of Ballot In Georgia! (erroneous news report)

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by candcantiques
reply to post by spoor

This thread is NOT a hoax.

The thread title states

Judge Has Ruled, Secretary Of State Agrees

That claim IS a hoax, the judge has NOT ruled, nor has the Secretary of State agreed

It is FACT.

No, it is a false claim.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

IT IS AUTOMATIC THAT OBAMA LOST THE CASE BECAUSE NOBODY SHOWED UP TO DEFEND HIM AGAINST THE CHARGES

News for you. It is not about Obama. It is about the wording in the Constitution.

So - who exactly should they be challenging? Not Obama.

This is what the Constitution says:

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

There is a distinction, a CLEAR distinction between citizen and natural born citizen. Obama is a citizen. He is NOT a natural born citizen.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spoor

I have proven my case OVER AND OVER AND OVER. you are nothing but argumentative and looking for a fight. As such you no longer warrent any more of my time. You already know the truth and you will be eating your words on the 5th when the judges decision is published.
OBAMA LOST.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

There is a distinction, a CLEAR distinction between citizen and natural born citizen.

no there is not

Obama is a citizen. He is NOT a natural born citizen.

he is a naturally born citizen. There are 2 types of citizens, naturalised and naturally born, as Obama was not naturalised he is a naturally born citizen.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infra_red
reply to post by mrlqban

So basically a arcane law that barred a woman from voting is the best you can come up with? In that case me being half african american and half puerto rican bars me from voting or running for office. C'mon , and that still doesn't explain what chance Romney has being that his father was born in Mexico.

No, it does not bar you from voting...no, it has nothing to do where your parents were born, and no it is not an arcane law, It is the Supreme Court law, U.S. law that has standing on the meaning of citizens today.. Reread...
edit on 26-1-2012 by mrlqban because: (no reason given)

link   
He's not above the law any more than we who get harrassed and arrested. He should have been arrested, I'm surprised the judge didn't order him brought in. The police should be arresting him.

link   

I have proven my case OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

no you have not, you have made a false claim over and over and over again, but despite you thinking if you repeat it enough times it magically becomes true, in the real world that does not happen!

Obama is the legal POTUS, and will get re-elected. I know you hate that, but you will just have to accept it.
edit on 26-1-2012 by spoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyMuerte

Au Contraire.....I live in Georgia, and the metro Atlanta area, and trust me when I say "Atlanta Voted Obama"
IT VOTED OBAMA....gay, straight, black, white, asian, hispanic...Obama was voted for.

When it was discovered that he won...I was working downtown and the night he won...the ENTIRE city turned into a party that night. I hadnt heard a city-wide party sound like that, since Freaknik.

Everyone nationwide fell for the vagueness of "hope/change" no different than the "No New Taxes" mantras of yesteryear....This RECOMMENDATION seems to be a reasonable one. No ones above the law...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

I have proven my case OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

no you have not, you have made a false claim over and over and over again, but despite you thinking if you repeat it enough times it magically becomes true, in the real world that does not happen!

Give it up, brother/sister. The point has been made many times all day long he/she doesn't care. It's called confirmation bias; sometimes cognitive dissonance.

Obama is the legal POTUS, and will get re-elected. I know you hate that, but you will just have to accept it.

And there you have it!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket
Are there any Americans here?
All I see is a Republican/Democrat debate going on here.
Ignore the labels, vote America, unless we are to un-American to abandon the labels.

There are, so far, NO candidates running for the benefit of America, on any side.

Each and every one of those with their hats in the ring so far will burn this nation to the ground. Obama will only be the most efficient at it, since he has a head start.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomthoughts12
reply to post by SpaDe_

We are talking about Atlanta here! I am pretty sure they are very open to blacks and gays. Was told Atlanta is one of the biggest locations for black gay and drag pageants. Saying this only cause I am guessing the court is close to or in Atlanta. Race card will not work I believe in Atlanta.

You're right about everything but the last statement.

There 's still racism in Atlanta, no different than anywhere else. but other than that, ATLANTA is a pretty open place, where you can mostly do whatever it is personally, that you care to do. i've lived in ATLANTA since '94, and my phrase for the city is "Pick your Poison....it's here, and in copious amounts..." lol!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
the SCOTUS in 1875 Minor vs Happersett defined who is a Natural Born Citizen. if congress wanted the 14th amendment to mean anyone born in the US to be a Natural Born Citizen then they would of said they were NBC but they didn't they said "Citizen". who cares who your parents are just come across our border have a kid and be president? yeah right don't think so. go read John Jay letter to Washington about the concern he had about foreigners assuming the roll as CIC that is why the framers said NBC and not just a Citizen.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Okay...the lawyer still didn't show up either thus no defendant showing up. Thus they lose the case. The court must assume that he is not an american citizen if that is the plaintiffs case because there was no defendant. It has nothing to do with control it has everything to do with how law works. You were right about the lawyer and actual defendant though I will give you that.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
IF this is true this would be a good start. In my opinion Obama has already one. In my opinion he'll start a war just to get re-elected since every wartime president has been voted back into office. We're screwed any which way.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by candcantiques

I know what the Constitution says. I am not ignorant to what this case is about.

Why do you think the Constitution has amendments?

This is not about Obama - - but about wording.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

You are not paying attention. Obama Sr was never at any time a citizen of the US. He was here while he was attending college.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by getreadyalready

He lost his Kenyan citizenship at 18 (or 21, I forget). I did all the research on the Kenyan Constitution and their citizenship law. He is no longer a dual citizen and has no allegiances to any other country.

What if his father was dead when he was born? What if his father had no citizenship? Would he be a natural-born citizen? Yes. Having been born to a citizen on US soil...

What I want to know is: why has this not been handled with the respect and dignity McCain's situation was handled (and others).

McCain really was not a natural born citizen. Something was drawn up - people signed it - "poof" now you are a natural born citizen.

His skin color was more agreeable.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by candcantiques

Well thats interesting news. Is it reliable though?

A grand thing if it is; hopefully this will set a powerful precedent for other states to follow, that no one is above the law regardless of your ill-gotten title

edit on 1/26/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

Not sure if you read the story... The Judge did NOT rule Obama off the ballot.... That is how I read it... Maybe I missed something...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacklondonmiller
These backwoods idiots are simply amazing, as big government as they come,
they get to determine who people can vote for, two men make that decision for
the whole state of people.

Riiiight - Because Barry is above the law after all. You should follow suit the next time you get called to court and just not show up. I'm sure your hero's legal team will come to your rescue. Since you're not in Georgia, you don't have to worry about any right to vote being "infringed" upon - vote for Barry in your own state, and shout the loser mantra "I am somebody!" to your heart's content, little boy.
edit on 26-1-2012 by mandella1099 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacklondonmiller
These backwoods idiots are simply amazing, as big government as they come,
they get to determine who people can vote for, two men make that decision for
the whole state of people.

The Constitution made the decision for the whole "country".

He had no business running in the first place.

cheers

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join