It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran won't build nuclear weapon in 2012, says draft Isis report

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I could be wrong...Iran can always buy the weapons grade uranium
they need from the russians.The russians will sell any of their older
weapons to anyone with the right amount of money.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Tifozi

China has stated one thing [which is accepted by some] then is ignored on other issues because it is deemed unrelated. Meanwhile, their credibility is on the line.

No. China has stated that it does not intent to conquer the world, and that it only wants to grow economically , like it has done ever since it started to actually grow.

For a long time, China was a craphole to live in. That is changing, and they are liking it. They have figured out how to adapt enough communism into capitalism, and go through it. And since everyone is failing at their game and crashing down, China rises.

They have, for decades, maintained a peaceful stand, being even called to negotiations as moderators among disputes (North Korea example).

Just because you are friends with someone doesn't mean you can't advise them, or call their BS out when they make a mistake. That's actually how you find "true friends" (not comparing civilian life to diplomacy, mind you).

I wouldn't be so cocked sure about China and Iran's relationship. In Geopolitics things sometimes change in an instance esp when the wind blows in favor of one country's interests over another.

You're speaking in the definitive where there really are none.

You are partially right, my friend.

Mostly because global politics do change fast and often. I mean, the US and USSR were allies during a world war, and as soon as Berlin was out, they were the worst enemies for decades.

But China gets along with Iran because.... "the enemy of my enemy, my friend is". Then, you go to more concrete reasons, like oil trade, or business deals. China does have nuclear power, and maybe they are even talking about making Iran becoming nuclear experts and make profit from that. Have you considered that?

I'm not dismissing a threat or anything like that. But in my opinion, Iran never went after nuclear warheads, and you can see that from their lack of missile development, and their investment in energy research. Actually, most of their missiles are defensive, not offensive. In contrast, North Korea does have nukes, and does continue to develop missiles (although failing at that).

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
How would the "sanctions" actually stop the "program" ?

I thought the technology was being "smuggled" in anyway and it's all a big secret.

The black markets love sanctions.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tifozi
No. China has stated that it does not intent to conquer the world, and that it only wants to grow economically , like it has done ever since it started to actually grow.

Good to know.....
Relevance?
Or are you simply attempting to make a statement here?

For a long time, China was a craphole to live in. That is changing, and they are liking it. They have figured out how to adapt enough communism into capitalism, and go through it. And since everyone is failing at their game and crashing down, China rises.

It's called Mercantilism.
Also, I wouldn't be putting all your eggs into one basket if I were you. There is plenty of instability in China in spite of your glowing view of them. Every country has issues. The difference here is that in the West we read about it on a daily basis. China? Not so much. Why? They as a country hate criticism. If they are going to be a world power they will need to get over that phobia.

They have, for decades, maintained a peaceful stand, being even called to negotiations as moderators among disputes (North Korea example)

Did you miss the whole invasion by China of Vietnam [To teach them a lesson] back in 1979? Or the fact that the Chinese and the US both fought over Korea? Saying they have helped negotiate the dispute is nothing more than they, China acknowledging that their basket case of a puppet [Nuclear armed out cast] North Korea is a mess that continues to threaten it's neighbors.

Which is counter productive in their drive to become a world power. Which China now has closer and profitable economic ties with than they do with North Korea.

Just because you are friends with someone doesn't mean you can't advise them, or call their BS out when they make a mistake. That's actually how you find "true friends" (not comparing civilian life to diplomacy, mind you).

So let me get this straight, China Warning Iran against pursuing Nuclear weapons is China calling Iran on their BS now?

Mostly because global politics do change fast and often. I mean, the US and USSR were allies during a world war, and as soon as Berlin was out, they were the worst enemies for decades.

Have you ever asked yourself why? Western Europe went back to being Western Europe. Eastern Europe on the other hand, got swallowed up behind the Iron Curtain. That would put a nasty taste in any politicians mouth of that era...

No?

But China gets along with Iran because.... "the enemy of my enemy, my friend is".

So you believe China and one of it's largest and most important trading "Partners" is actually their enemy? Meanwhile they continue to invest in the US economy in spite all the online pop culture hoo-ha-ha

Then, you go to more concrete reasons, like oil trade, or business deals. China does have nuclear power, and maybe they are even talking about making Iran becoming nuclear experts and make profit from that. Have you considered that?

Sure.

The problem there is that China has been a Nuclear power going back decades. Why would they [With over 1.4 Billion people] need to rely on tiny Iran becoming "Nuclear" experts?

I'm not dismissing a threat or anything like that. But in my opinion, Iran never went after nuclear warheads, and you can see that from their lack of missile development, and their investment in energy research. Actually, most of their missiles are defensive, not offensive. In contrast, North Korea does have nukes, and does continue to develop missiles (although failing at that).

Well I've never advocated an attack on Iran but I am critical for various reason which I've stated numerous times here at ATS. We all know that every mistake and accident will eventually lead to success as they learn from them.

It's just a matter of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join