It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is evolution God’s decoy for pedants?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I love good ole evolution and the heated debates it generates. I believe [no pun] that it is a distraction sent from a power, to keep the more pedantic of us feeling comfy and satisfied. It’s a sort of scientific comfort blanket for the literal and unimaginative.

I love to hear a pedant saying something like ‘of course you know nothing about mutant DNA gene cells in early metamorphosis’ and watching the safety blanket of evolution clutched onto with both hands.

If I was a higher intelligence [shut up, you never know] I would throw a cheeky bone to non believers and mess with their minds a bit.

That is my philosophy anway; we are given what we can handle according to what and who we are and there is an intrinsic humour behind it.

edit on 26-1-2012 by mandroids because: title word change

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well why not

We struggle to explain everything we can see, touch and examine.

Understanding thoughts or realitys beyond our own is quite a lot to ask from a relitivly simple self aware, concious animal.

Perhaps there is a God,who is everywhere and is everything, because hes taking a lunch time nap and just dreamed up our entire universe randomly/accidentally.

Maybe human science will be able to explain everything one day, including the more currently philosophical questions.

If i was "in charge", of course id be messing with the minions, so i wouldnt blame gods among us for doing just that for both fun and to teach us lessons

edit on 26-1-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What is your philosophy of the dying innocents in this world? It seems this higher intelligence you believe in puts more effort in humoring than healing. Maybe im looking at it wrong, maybe those slow painful deaths are his way of bringing them home?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If believing in facts makes me "literal and unimaginative", then so be it.

I know that flights of fancy are more entertaining than the truth, but they don't make the truth less true.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Some people want to learn about and understand the workings of the universe. I myself am fascinated by the universe and spend a lot of armchair time thinking about the hows and whys of physical existence. I admire people who dedicate their lives to expanding our knowlege of the universe.

Other people couldn't care less about how things work or where they came from. They are satisfied with the little explanations given to them by their parents or a two-thousand year old book of fractured wisdom.

If you ask the former how the universe began, he might say "So far we have found evidence to suggest that the universe began at a singularity and expanded, but we aren't certain. We do know, at least, that the universe was once much denser than it is presently."

If you ask the latter how the universe began, he might say "God did it." or "I dunno."

Personally I find the former a lot more interesting.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

If I was a higher intelligence [shut up, you never know] I would throw a cheeky bone to non believers and mess with their minds a bit.

So basically you are saying you would be a trickster God, like Loki, the native american Coyote or the better known (not as a God however) Satan?

Hmmm interesting. I believe God (at least the one I believe in) would NEVER lie to or trick humans or allow us to be tricked (we do that ourselves). That stratification of Geology, Dinosaur bones (Evolution) and the vast distances of space are all FACTS made by God placed here for our wonder, curiosity and understanding. They also prove earth is older than 10,000 years and allow us to know what a truly amazing Creation that was made.

And as we were made in Gods image we are provded the insight of how the nature of things occur instead of being duped that things just poof into existance by a evil false creator...
edit on 26-1-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

If you ask the former how the universe began, he might say "So far we have found evidence to suggest that the universe began at a singularity and expanded, but we aren't certain. We do know, at least, that the universe was once much denser than it is presently."

If you ask the latter how the universe began, he might say "God did it." or "I dunno."

Personally I find the former a lot more interesting.

I have always liked that in the begining there was nothing than there was light! Pretty much described creation by way of Big Bang Theory to me (they just DUMBED it down for the masses LOL).

I agree with you and it is funny when people equate science with being anti-god I know many who persue science as a way to get closer and understand this creation not to disprove what they already know.
edit on 26-1-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join