It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage girl taken to hospital after eating almost nothing by McNuggets since age two....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Wow!

I don't eat the healthiest and need to improve...but this is nuts! Oddly though I now have a caving for a McChicken sandwhich....odd since the story it self is pretty gross.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 26-1-2012 by SrWingCommander because: forgot to post body

edit on 26-1-2012 by SrWingCommander because: link

edit on 26-1-2012 by SrWingCommander because: SP

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

edit on 26-1-2012 by FullMetalAlchemist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
the topic should be "Teenage girl taken to hospital after eating almost nothing but McNuggets since age two"

Anyways though, i'm not surprised. Its fast food. Fast food should only be for what its used for which is if you are out and about with nothing but a Mcdonalds, burger king, or any other fast food joint near and nothing that has good food for miles then thats what you'll get, can't go starving. Like anything, having too much of one thing can be very bad, specially fast food.
edit on 26-1-2012 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

May wanna edit your title, nothing "BUT", not by. This is a strange story, but I guess someone had to do it, that is eat nothing but Micky D's most of their life. She sure does kick the crap out of SuperSize Me. I wanna read all her results

Btw for a girl whose eating nothing but nasty crap most of her life she looks to be in pretty good shape. I was expecting a blob.

Killing herself: Stacey Irvine, 17, eats little else apart from chicken nuggets. She recently collapsed after struggling to breathe and was rushed to hospital

Oh, and apparently she's a 17 y/o factory worker. Didn't see that coming

Shocked doctors learned of her habit when the factory worker, from Castle Vale, Birmingham, collapsed and was taken to hospital after struggling to breathe.

Not only does her diet suck, but it really really really really sucks. How is she not a blob? Maybe she's all buff from working in a factory? Anyway, her tounge veins swelled up, ouch.

Miss Irvine, who has never eaten fruit or vegetables, had swollen veins in her tongue and was found to have anaemia.

en.wikipedia.org...

Anemia (/əˈniːmiə/; also spelled anaemia and anæmia; from Greek ἀναιμία anaimia, meaning lack of blood) is a decrease in number of red blood cells (RBCs) or less than the normal quantity of hemoglobin in the blood.[1][2] However, it can include decreased oxygen-binding ability of each hemoglobin molecule due to deformity or lack in numerical development as in some other types of hemoglobin deficiency.

Because hemoglobin (found inside RBCs) normally carries oxygen from the lungs to the tissues, anemia leads to hypoxia (lack of oxygen) in organs. Since all human cells depend on oxygen for survival, varying degrees of anemia can have a wide range of clinical consequences.

Anemia is the most common disorder of the blood. There are several kinds of anemia, produced by a variety of underlying causes. Anemia can be classified in a variety of ways, based on the morphology of RBCs, underlying etiologic mechanisms, and discernible clinical spectra, to mention a few. The three main classes of anemia include excessive blood loss (acutely such as a hemorrhage or chronically through low-volume loss), excessive blood cell destruction (hemolysis) or deficient red blood cell production (ineffective hematopoiesis).

edit on 26-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

She looks a little emo in that picture, but the other pictures she looks really cute. Especially for a McNugget eater. I was thinking that she collapsed from morbid obesity before I saw the pics.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

May wanna edit your title, nothing "BUT", not by. This is a strange story, but I guess someone had to do it, that is eat nothing but Micky D's most of their life. She sure does kick the crap out of SuperSize Me. I wanna read all her results

Btw for a girl whose eating nothing but nasty crap most of her life she looks to be in pretty good shape. I was expecting a blob.

Killing herself: Stacey Irvine, 17, eats little else apart from chicken nuggets. She recently collapsed after struggling to breathe and was rushed to hospital

Oh, and apparently she's a 17 y/o factory worker. Didn't see that coming

Shocked doctors learned of her habit when the factory worker, from Castle Vale, Birmingham, collapsed and was taken to hospital after struggling to breathe. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Not does her diet suck, but it really really sucks

Miss Irvine, who has never eaten fruit or vegetables, had swollen veins in her tongue and was found to have anaemia. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 26-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Vegetables have nothing to do with it, its that fast food garbage that has to do with it. I am almost 24 and don't eat any vegetables and i'm perfectly fine. Now if I was like her and ate fastfood every day of my life since 2 years old, then yes I would probably be collapsing like she does.
edit on 26-1-2012 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

The dark circles under this little girl's eyes are a dead giveaway. She has allergies, no doubt, and also fluid retention (from too much salt), iron deficiency anemia and possibly dehydration (from sodas).

She will be a blob when she gets older, of that you can be certain.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'd hook up with little miss nuggets there, McDonalds is obviously putting something in the food

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Intereting...I just thought it was funny how they are making the comparison between a chicken nugget and an orange.....

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yikes, I'd hate to think about what her blood pressure, pulse rate, etc are. I mean, from working in the factory she's obviously working out pretty strenuously but just.. WOW. Now, when I was about two or three all I wanted to ever eat were peanut butter sandwiches and cookies, but my diet branched out as I grew out of that phase.
Which leaves me to wonder: What started all of this and what made it continue? Was her family poor? Was her mother neglectful? (I'm sorry if this information is in the article, I was planning upon reading it a bit later seeing as I have to leave for a class here in a few brief minutes.)
edit on 26-1-2012 by Myomistress because: "Neglectful" only has two "l"'s.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Before you flame her, realize that it is a serious medical condition.

It is called a food jag.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by Swills

The dark circles under this little girl's eyes are a dead giveaway. She has allergies, no doubt, and also fluid retention (from too much salt), iron deficiency anemia and possibly dehydration (from sodas).

She will be a blob when she gets older, of that you can be certain.

Her eyes look like they belong to someone who is 32! That can't be good.

And yeah, what FS said...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
why no negative attention on mcdonalds? like it is the holy grail itself.
they are selling crap, for cheap so that poor & dumb people are simply forced by their own poor and dumb occams razors to buy it. or through mass marketing through their favorite sportsteams, mcdonalds is a root of the problem as well..

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Chicken Mcnuggets are made of:

“The ingredients listed in the flyer suggest a lot of thought goes into a nugget, that and a lot of corn. Of the thirty-eight ingredients it takes to make a McNugget, I counted thirteen that can be derived from corn: the corn-fed chicken itself; modified cornstarch (to bind the pulverized chicken meat); mono-, tri-, and diglycerides (emulsifiers, which keep the fats and water from separating); dextrose; lecithin (another emulsifier); chicken broth (to restore some of the flavor that processing leeches out); yellow corn flour and more modified cornstarch (for the batter); cornstarch (a filler); vegetable shortening; partially hydrogenated corn oil; and citric acid as a preservative. A couple of other plants take part in the nugget: There's some wheat in the batter, and on any given day the hydrogenated oil could come from soybeans, canola, or cotton rather than corn, depending on the market price and availability. According to the handout, McNuggets also contain several completely synthetic ingredients, quasiedible substances that ultimately come not from a corn or soybean field but form a petroleum refinery or chemical plant. These chemicals are what make modern processed food possible, by keeping the organic materials in them from going bad or looking strange after months in the freezer or on the road. Listed first are the "leavening agents": sodium aluminum phosphate, mono-calcium phosphate, sodium acid pyrophosphate, and calcium lactate. These are antioxidants added to keep the various animal and vegetable fats involved in a nugget from turning rancid. Then there are "anti-foaming agents" like dimethylpolysiloxene, added to the cooking oil to keep the starches from binding to air molecules, so as to produce foam during the fry. The problem is evidently grave enough to warrant adding a toxic chemical to the food: According to the Handbook of Food Additives, dimethylpolysiloxene is a suspected carcinogen and an established mutagen, tumorigen, and reproductive effector; it's also flammable. But perhaps the most alarming ingredient in a Chicken McNugget is tertiary butylhydroquinone, or TBHQ, an antioxidant derived from petroleum that is either sprayed directly on the nugget or the inside of the box it comes in to "help preserve freshness." According to A Consumer's Dictionary of Food Additives, TBHQ is a form of butane (i.e. lighter fluid) the FDA allows processors to use sparingly in our food: It can comprise no more than 0.02 percent of the oil in a nugget. Which is probably just as well, considering that ingesting a single gram of TBHQ can cause "nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse." Ingesting five grams of TBHQ can kill.”

www.alnyethelawyerguy.com...

As of October 9, 2010, dimethylpolysiloxane and Tert-Butylhydroquinone (TBHQ) are listed as ingredients in the McNuggets cooking process.[5] According to Lisa McComb, a media relations representative for McDonald's, dimethylpolysiloxane is used as a matter of safety to keep the frying oil from foaming. The chemical is a form of silicone also used in cosmetics and Silly Putty.

One gram (one-thirtieth of an ounce) can cause "nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse", according to A Consumer’s Dictionary of Food Additives[10], though the book neglects to indicate you would need to ingest 11 pounds of cooking oil in one sitting in order to achieve this. Application to the skin may cause allergic reactions[15] and industrial workers exposed to the vapors suffered clouding of the eye lens, without other obvious systematic effects.

en.wikipedia.org...

Doesn't sound reaL healthy to me, especially if eaten daily
edit on 26-1-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
OMG poor girl, what was she thinking, better yet where are her parents?!!

They enabled her to eat nuggets her entire life. Who bought her nuggets at 2? Her parents! You control what your kids eat not the kid!

Where does this girl live, I have some food she can have and will never want a nugget again in her life! Please can I feed her!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sorry. I don't believe this story one bit. Child had to eat something other than nuggets at one point.
edit on 23-2-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join