It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Debate Tonight 1/26/12

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Tenn. Did Not Qualify , Full Slate .

In Tenn. Gingrich is elgible for 34 of the 41 delegates.

So that brings up the total to what...109 delegates that he isn't eligible for???

Far short of the claim some people are trying to make.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

This reply is to your comment about working conditions what regulations did government introduce after a push from the unions? Also over here in Australia we have different health insurers how does it work over there in the US? Then the last question is what has Obama done to make your freedoms and life better?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Ok I can still see Outkast is still on here trolling this thread. I just watched the entire debate, and all I can say is that Paul trumped it big time..I wrote down 5 pages of what I've heard from this debate, and Paul gets them all...If you want me to reiterate I will do so... Please forgive me for my long reply but this is what I got from it all.

At the beginning they were introduced and Newt said something about a nuclear battle group…I don’t know what that really means…
Romney: I’m with my son Tagg? Ok who cares…
Paul: Stop being the policemen of the world..Good point
Illegal Immigration:
Santorum: Goes on about immigrants stealing SS numbers, but in favor of immigration.
Newt: Uses MS13 (Mara Salvatrucha) as an example of immigration….Don’t get caught on the streets your marked now buddy…
Romney: Use of an Identification card? His father was born in Mexico did he have a card when he made all that money here in the states that you inherited?
Paul: No managed boarders, to busy using resources to guard the boarders in Pakistan, and Afghanistan. Which makes plenty of sense.
Then Ron Paul was asked about Cuba, and he said there should be trade between the U.S. and Cuba, and we should work with the people instead of telling them what to do.
Santorum was confused about Honduras didn’t know if it was in Central or South America…Fail, and then uses the word Marxist to describe Venezuela and Iran, because of their influence within that region.
Paul: The U.S. uses the bully attitude and they choose the dictators they want running those particular countries. Makes sense
Santorum: Dodges that issue, and says something good about Columbia, yet Columbia is the #1 resource of coc aine…Fail
Romney: Of course he had nothing to say just agreeing with the others speaking before him.
Then they started talking about phasing out Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.
Newt supports these companies which Romney does as well because they made money off foreclosed homes. Yet they were going back and forth in denial which tells me they are lying about their investments in Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.
Paul: That subject doesn’t interest me, I would have auctioned them off long time ago, because of the excessive credit and risky loans they had going on.
Santorum: Agrees with Paul. Point for Paul
They go into taxes. Newt is obviously upset because of the question Wolf Blitzer brings up, but anyways.
Newt: Goes on to saying how can you have an American President who has a Swiss bank account. Good point. There has never been a U.S. President that has had a Swiss bank account from what we know.
Romney: Obviously busted, because how can you rebut what Newt just said. Yet these two candidates cancel out because they are both busted in a way.
Santorum: Is against that, because he is about being productive.
Paul: Wants to get rid of the 16th Amendment the welfare/warfare system. He trumps everyone on that subject with that simple remark.
Then they talk about being in shape and Ron Paul challenged them all to a bike ride.
Newt: Kisses Ron Pauls ass and says he is in excellent being up here on the stage with the rest of us.
Romney talks about the space coast? Or space ghost coast to coast? Mitt you obviously been watching too much cartoon Network. I never heard that saying before. This dude is a tool
At this point they talk about space travel
Newt: Wants to give leverage to commercial business, and he says that he rather have Americans be on the Moon before China gets there? So we never been on the moon? I knew it was a HOAX…
Paul: Send some politicians to the moon ROFL.Win for Paul. He rather have it for national defense instead of just wasting money on pipe dream space explorations.
Newt: Agrees with Paul on having a 90% private sector for space programs, not Government. Paul wins again.
Romney: Has no knowledge in this subject and his first words were your fired? Wow where have we heard that before? I thought you were for hiring not firing? Give it a rest Romney your fired.
Paul gets Newt on the subject during the Reagan era about social security, because the money wasn’t counted properly… Paul win
Health issues Paul trumps this subject
Paul: The reason for high cost health insurance is because the Governments involvement in medicine. Health insurance should be an individual’s choice that’s not mandated by Government policy.
Newt: Totally agrees with Ron Paul
Does no one have a rebuttal against Ron Paul at this point? Apparently not
Romney: Agrees that Ron Paul is spot on, and then changes the subject to Obama. Yawn
Santorum: Also agrees with Ron Paul and confronts Romney that RomneyCare is just as bad as ObamaCare…Blah Blah. So what else is new.

edit on 27-1-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
While Santorum and Romney were going at it like two kids in an elementary playground fighting over the ball Paul simply says.
Paul: I think there all wrong no Government should make your health care decisions, leave that for the people to decide what is right for them as an individual.
Newt: Agrees that the Ron Paul era of health care was more flexible. Well obviously Dr. Paul knows what he is talking about. He has a PhD.
I have more facts stated but I think I have said enough from my end. Ron Paul is the man, and I am sure other Americans are realizing that after this EPIC debate. Paul 2012

Quote from Ron Paul “We shouldn’t have to worry about jihadist hiding under our beds.”

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

WHAT IF ............Health Insurance and Car Insurance Played by the Same Rules ?

Because a car and a person are so alike.

And because auto insurance and health insurance are exactly the same.

The point is, you wont necessarily need health insurance if cost of medical care was affordable.
If we practiced prevention.
If we put more efforts or our money into cleaning up toxins in our environment.

Then, the only people that really would need the insurance were the ones who are taking risks.
Like soldiers, astronauts, nuclear power workers, professional athletes. They could be covered by their jobs.

Those who engage in risky behavior, mountaineers, amateur athletes, etc. could pay for affordable health insurance.

The rest of us, wouldn't need it.
breaking your bone, shouldn't break your bank.
And thats what I believe RP is talking about.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
OK, lets get it done now kiddies: ARM WRESTLING! Dr. Paul looks skinny, but it's always the skinny guy who whoops everyone's a$$!

Dr Paul was an athlete. He was on the wrestling and track teams in HS. As a junior, he was the state (Pennsylvania) 220-yd dash champ.
Sure he's 76, but he's in better shape than alot of people aged 26, 36, 46, 56, 66.

Here's a link to Paul's wrestling team photo:
From the Yearbook to the White House

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo

This reply is to your comment about working conditions what regulations did government introduce after a push from the unions?

Regulations to have safety equipment, regulations for truck drivers to not drive over so many hours within a time period, regulations to have inspections of worksites to ensure safe working conditions, radiation limits, workers compensation. I'm sure there are hundreds more...these are all government regulations...the free market didn't just start doing this things out of the goodness of their heart.

Also over here in Australia we have different health insurers how does it work over there in the US?

The health insurance industry here is large. There are 3 or 4 very large insurance companies that are in almost every state (that is why suggesting insurance across state lines will lower costs is a false claim). And then there are many smaller insurers.

Then the last question is what has Obama done to make your freedoms and life better?

Obama has done plenty for the working class. Outlawing pre-existing conditions alone will save many people's lives. He gave all Americans a tax break during the recession...although most don't know about it...most think he raised taxes. He has turned around a recession, kept it going into full blown depression, and we are still on the upswing of recovery. Yes, it is slow...recovery is always slow. But no one can deny that all the economic numbers are trending in the right direction.

Obama has done plenty when you look at the facts.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lapislazuli
CNN says applause is allowed

Applause should ALWAYS be allowed!!

Why run a debate with an iron fist? What's next? Tying people to their chairs and

gagging them?

--------
It sounds like a George Soros ground rule. Sit there and shut up.

With ground rules like that, everyone should just stand up and walk out.

Even the candidates should walk out.

The NBC moderator would be standing there all by himself.

Um.......what do we do now?

Oh......okay.......um......alright.....NOW you can applaud. We get it.

edit on 27-1-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FoosM

The point is, you wont necessarily need health insurance if cost of medical care was affordable.
If we practiced prevention.
If we put more efforts or our money into cleaning up toxins in our environment.

So let me get this straight...you think that if the government drops all regulations...that health care costs will just go down? Even though now insurance companies can do whatever they want? Do you really think insurance companies are just going to volunteer to pay for prevention for everyone???

And Ron Paul wants to remove regulations regarding toxins in our environment as well. Get rid of the EPA...get rid of the FDA. So exactly WHO is going to put more effort into cleaning up toxins in our environment?

Please don't tell me that you think if you get rid of the EPA that companies will just stop pollouting...are they just polluting now out of spite due to the regulations???

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

Don't waste your vote on Ron Paul. He can't win the general election.

Don't believe me? Ask him.

For right now it's Newt or bust.

Standing ovations mean you get to walk into the White House.

Click on the link.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The EPA is out of control. Seek the truth. Newt is not making this up. Just listen.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I would like to know what numbers we are referring to. We got a tax-break? I seem to remember getting a couple expanded wars, new wars, bailouts for everyone except middle-class. In a prior debate RP mentioned if they were giving out that kind of money made sense to give it to people struggling to keep their homes. What did he do, give it to the organizations that created the problem. Get real, Obama is for the destruction of the middle-class and he has much help from both sides of this charade political system of ours.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

How can you put seek the truth and then follow with Newt not making this up. The EPA, RP would ax them.
The coffee is brewing, lets all take a sniff.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I would rather waste my vote than vote for the other puppets.

They haven't said, done, or proven anything that's worthy of winning my vote... except for Ron. Because he makes sense more than anyone else on stage and Gingrich is just regurgitating what ron has said for years. he is a puppet, always a puppet, and is a politician.... will only say what the people want to hear... and people like you fall for it.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Kinds of reminds one of the crusades.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
RON PAUL ALL THE WAY!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

One of the the greatest things Obama and most other politicians has done through the Federal Reserve is increase the disparity between the upper class and the poor. You see Obama, Democrats, and many Republicans agreed with the policy of bailouts and "quantitative easing". However, what the bailouts and quantitative easing represent is increased printing of money, forced inflation, and an increase in the price of food and gas. Basically, the rounds of bailouts and quantitative easing represent a 14%+ increase in price on the basic necessities people buy. This of course affects the poor more than anyone else. The transfer of wealth is from the poor to the wealthy because the corporations and banks get first jabs at this system of money influx as it is poured out into their hands. Then we, the people, are left with the consequence and suffering that results. The Obama administration can parrot whatever he wants about class warfare, but he instituted class warfare with Federal Reserve policy and insured suffering for the poor. Forced inflation hurts those struggling to survive and those whose budgets are more focused on necessities like food, clothing, and oil (heating, transportation, power).
edit on 27-1-2012 by Bugman82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
@ Outkast

I have been lurking on this site for a few months, and I joined tonight because I cannot stand by any longer and listen to the frivolity of your continued existence on these threads. It is not that I care about you disagreeing with RP on any one subject, but merely your continued nonsensical responses to every Ron Paul thread that pops up.

You continue to say things about the free market that you in fact have no idea about that which you speak. The game of politics is a chess game, and Paul understands this. When he discusses the idea of a free market, he is in essence saying that he stands for a market with as little regulations as possible. This is because the regulations are written by those that would be regulated, and history has proven that regulations of the sort our current government passes are nothing more than subsidies to the multinational conglomerates that continue to destroy our nation. He does not espouse bringing us back to segregation, nor the terrible practices outlined in the Jungle by Upton Sinclair. What he does espouse is not allowing the government to pick winners and losers and to even the playing field for everyone. This is the exact stance he has when it comes to domestic policy and the Federal Reserve System.
Paul understands that the U.S. will most likely never go back to a true gold standard, but when you are negotiating and leveraging an opponent it is not wise to back down to opposition without some sort of workable compromise. With Obama and the health care fiasco, one can see exactly what I assert as true. Instead of Obama standing strong on single payer and then compromising down to a public option he folded the single payer, started at the public option, and we ended up with a 2000 page monster for the effort.

I personally voted for Obama, and stick by my vote, as his competition would have lead is into war with Iran. Obama has lied about so many of his campaign issues that only the blind continue to follow his path of deceit. Let’s see...Guantanamo still open. Did not end war in Iraq (we were kicked out at the deadline Bush signed). Public option, failed. He said he would stop the hemorrhaging of our financial sector, fail. I could go on and on but will stop with these as they are the most important in my eyes.

Don't you find it funny Outkast that the Pres is taking donations from the same people that Romney is taking donations from? Don't you find it interesting that O has 35k dinners for the rich and well off and yet espouses that he is a champion of the people?

In 2012 we no longer have the ability to own slaves. We have suffrage for women and all minorities. We have all of the right ingredients to return to the Constitution of the United States that the Founding Fathers could not perfectly enact with such things as slavery and lack of women's suffrage the two glaring discrepancies in the document. Now is the time to enact freedom and equality. I am tired of the government intrusion in the daily lives of Americans. It is time to take the monster that is the federal government and put a boot to its face before it does so to the citizenry and ideals it is supposed to protect.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneDukeson

I applaud your efforts to show some needed truth to our fellow ATSer/s and known anti-Paul commentator/s. I'm afraid it's going to fall on deaf ears (blind eyes rather?) for many because it doesn't really seem to matter how much someone makes sense, this is about dirty partisan politics for many. Some refuse to listen to reason because they love the chaos, mis-info and down right dirty tactics used in politics. For some reason it turns them on. There are those who do just disagree and express genuine concerns however, but we can tell they are genuine by their lack of immaturity and lack of constant bashing/baiting "just for the hell of it".

Then there are those who choose to be super paranoid about Paul (like saying OMG Paul would like to take us back to the 1800s, he hates blacks and would force segregation again putting up no blacks allowed signs, and he would force women to have babies etc etc etc) but don't buy into it, it's just rhetoric. They only say those things because they genuinely enjoy stirring the pot. No-one could possibly be that socially and politically paranoid in this day and age on these issues, but then again we are on ATS.

Welcome to ATS btw!

edit on 27-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I appreciate the welcome. I am not an avid supporter of Ron Paul, but I am an avid supporter of the message of Liberty. Honestly, I am somewhat nervous about joining and posting on ATS, but I can no longer stay in the shadows and have the message of Liberty be drowned in this increasingly complicated and sadistic world we live.
edit on 27-1-2012 by LoneDukeson because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28 >>

join