It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Debate Tonight 1/26/12

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Gingrich is completely off the ballot in MO and VA...that is a total of 102 delegates.

Where do the rest come from?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Ron Paul hit the nail on the head tonight with his comments about the bickering being pointless because they continue to argue about how government should run things. Some of the premises behind Santorum's attacks against Romney were based around medicare and medicaid, which Paul usurps completely because he argues the truth that those programs are bad government.

Ron Paul's foreign policy message, no matter how many wish to argue against it, is logical. The idea that our intervention forces fundamentalist extremism to continue by giving it a foundation of hate to stand upon follows patterns of the human psyche and cannot be dismissed as many do out of their basic instinct to disagree. Also, Ron Paul's stance that our actions have resulted in problems we are facing today also holds much merit. Simply examine the history of US intervention around the world and allow the nausea to well up within you:
www.youtube.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Let's take OutKast Searcher as an example of sweeping statements that are untrue and paint Ron Paul as something he isn't. Potshot criticism would be a good term for his attacks.

This is why Ron Paul is a crazy fool...because he honestly wants zero regulations and a 100% free market.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
A quote from Ron Paul on environmental regulation

The environment is better protected under private property rights ... We as property owners can't violate our neighbors' property. We can't pollute their air or their water. We can't dump our garbage on their property ... Too often, conservatives and liberals fall short on defending environmental concerns, and they resort to saying, "Well, let's turn it over to the EPA. The EPA will take care of us ... We can divvy up the permits that allow you to pollute." So I don't particularly like that method.

Once again, Ron's arguments are inherently logical in reference to regulations. Arguing that people can decide the fate of a company and through the use of public enforcement can better regulate than sweeping federal regulations does hold a lot of merit. Ron also brings into the argument the fact and example of drug regulation and how lobbyists even find their way in to the drug regulation market.

I would also like to point out the difference in Ron Paul's position and the other candidates when it comes to willingness to cut spending. Ron Paul recognizes that all the other candidates at this point only wish to have reductions in projected increases in spending, while Ron desires a flat $1 trillion in cuts the first year. Many are arguing, including Karl Denninger at tickerforum.org, that within 2-3 years there will be complete loss of control of the debt situation, with no actual cuts and only cutting out of projected increases. I will state again that the other candidates desire at this point only to cut projected increases in spending rather than taking care of the problem.

An examination of the math and exponential growth of US debt.
www.youtube.com...

Ron Paul is the only logical person to vote for. Any of the other Republican candidates are stuck in a fairyland tale where they can continue huge spending without truly addressing the issues at hand. It is the equivalent of placing their fingers in their ears and saying, "lalalalalala".

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

First you say he needs to focus on the general election and voters in general, then you say he needs to focus on the nomination. Which one do you want him to do?

His main challenge is to get the GOP nomination, after that, Obama would be cake walk compared to the road to the GOP nomination. We know this when we look at how consistently Ron Paul beats the other candidates and Obama with independent voters. None of the GOP candidates can say the same.

Proof of election fraud in Iowa, NH, and S.C., media manipulation and artificial surges of candidates who were 'nobody's'.

Objectivity?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

That is one thing that I have been worried about. I hope so. My generation in particular has a great trait of mistrusting their government enough to question what is going on, and standing up and saying no when they disagree. However, they also have a problem. That is the lack of a good education, especially in history and philosophy. Most I have spoken to are unaware of the various philosophies, and ideaologies that our founders based our nations law upon. This is dangerous, because ignorance in combination of skepticism, make it very easy to react and then be used as a tool for someone elses agenda. I belive you can see this with the Republican's manipulation of the Tea Party, and the Democat's manipulation of the OWS. No offense intended to those who support the movements, I mearly mean to say that the mainstream individuals within these movements know something is wrong, but are being manipulated into turning all of us against each other, which unfortunately distorts the original intent of the movements. I do not mean to imply I am any less ignorant than the others of my generation, I have a long way to go, and much to learn. on a positive note, some of my friends have younger siblings, and it does appear as if the quality of education is showing signs of drastic improvement. Had I gone to public school, I would feel like I had been shafted, but I was home schooled and taught myself, for the most part. Some of the people who come out of homeschooling don't make it out as well off as I did unfortunatly. haha
edit on 26-1-2012 by GaboVarfang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
American on moon...we already got there.

I know: shut down the overseas bases, I could easily double NASAs budget

America spent more in Afghanistan in one month than the entire budget of NASA for the past 34 years.

I learned that on the science Channel

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

If that is true, that disturbs me greatly.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I would also like to discuss several arguments of how illogical it is to vote for any of the other Republican candidates vs. Ron Paul in reference to religion.

The Christian evangelical right supports Santorum, Romney, and Gingrich on their foreign policy positions. However, an evangelical Christian naturally believes in the sanctity of life, the value of each human being individually as a child of God, in the right to life and/or redemption, and in the idea of loving ones enemies. However, when someone like Gingrich stands before a crowd of religious individuals and states, "Andrew Jackson knew how to treat his enemies........kill them!" they will cheer, smile broadly, throw their arms in the air, relish in the idea of the death of a "heathen" or "enemy" and give a standing ovation. Yet, when Paul invokes the Golden Rule in how we treat other nations he receives "booooooooo" from that very same crowd. This is inherently illogical and points to some serious issues with supposed belief vs. true belief. Many people have incorporated war as a spectator sport, have chosen their team, and will be happy is the face of victory...........death...........innocent and dead civilians. If one believes the war to be necessary and holds to the principles and values of "life" one should mourn the loss of any child of God, including those of their enemies, who never experienced redemption, the Gospel, or love.

There are many other illogical inconsistencies that I could examine, but the knowledge that they are glaring and present is enough at this point.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

earlier in this topic, I posted a link I think it was on page twenty, that goes to The War Prayer by Twain that illustrates what you just said wonderfully I think.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

His main challenge is to get the GOP nomination, after that, Obama would be cake walk compared to the road to the GOP nomination. We know this when we look at how consistently Ron Paul beats the other candidates and Obama with independent voters. None of the GOP candidates can say the same.
?

Would these independent voters support a Romney/Paul ticket? If Romney adopted some of Paul's policy regarding finance and smaller government would they have a chance against Obama?
Tonight was the first debate I have watched and my observations (despite being pro RP and anti Mr flip flop Romney) were that Romney was the only candidate who presented himself like a would be President. I liked all Ron Paul's answers and it was quite clear the other 3 are scared shirtless to engage in debate with Dr Paul but RP demeanor and they way he came across to me was not as strong as Romney. Also when Romney and Paul did interact they seemed liked two old palls playing a game to me with Romney quite ofter supporting Rons view.
Newt seemed like a deer caught in the headlights quite often and the religious wacko came across like a little kid playing with the big boys.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Both on stage and following comments, Ron Paul is finally getting not only some time, but nods from the 'post game' commentators as well. You finally got a brownie point, Blitzer.

Mostly though, I wanna see that 25 mile bike race!! C'mon you egomaniac puppets...get on yer bikes and RIDE!

And An Appeal: Fat Bottom Girlls, Ron Paul Loves You! Vote, Write, Holla the Name "Paul" across the land.

"Now your mortgages and homes, I got stiffness in the bones...get on yer bikes fat bottom politicos and riiiide!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Lmao @ Ron's response to that last question

"Congressman Paul, who do you think is right?"

"I think they're all wrong."

Gotta love it, lol

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Here is a poll to tell them who you think won tonight

theswash.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Oh my misunderstanding. I for some reason thought that they have both each time, wow, did I learn something new today? YES!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Big flaw with that idea is as a everyday person you cannot compete with corperate lawyers that has been shown time and time again. They have teams of lawyers where you will be lucky to aford one if they take your case. The last thing this country needs are more court cases.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I missed the last parts of the debate but guaranteed I will be watching it again since my bowling league is on Thursday nights...I will be back and bring up some key issues...If they re-show it...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

First you say he needs to focus on the general election and voters in general, then you say he needs to focus on the nomination. Which one do you want him to do?

Both, those analysis aren't mutually exclusive. Florida is a key State in the GOP primaries and a key state in the elections. You cannot say that you're taking focus away from a State like Florida because it's 'too big' and 'too expensive' because, reality check, to get the nomination and eventually the presidency, you're going to have to outlast your opponent financially, and you're going to win big States. Paul's plan is outside of reality.

after that, Obama would be cake walk

I beg to differ. But these are personal predictions and opinions. Your position is influenced emotionally as you are a faithful and loyal Paul supporter.

Proof of election fraud in Iowa, NH, and S.C., media manipulation

This is always the excuse of Paul supporters when their candidate fails to even win a State in the primaries, they pull out some big baseless conspiracy out of nowhere. Making excuses like this to explain why Paul is performing badly didn't do him any justice in 2008 and it will not do him any justice now.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GaboVarfang
reply to post by Grimpachi

If that is true, that disturbs me greatly.

I may be a little bit off on the years. Thinking back I think they said it was actually the past 50 years. Imagine we could actually have a moon base.

Our country spends 2% of its GDP on infrastructure whereas European countries spend 5 to 6% and China spends 9% on its infrastructure. Back in the 50s and 60s our country spent close to 10% now our country is trying to find a way to spend less than 2%. It is truly misguided.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Tenn. Did Not Qualify , Full Slate .

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Ive missed the last couple debates, but coming on here and reading these threads cracks me up! Ahh Fun

reply to post by Bugman82

nice insight bugman82

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12
reply to post by Destinyone

Mitt is the prettiest though!

Thats why its a good idea that women shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Just kidding.

Or am I?

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join