It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Ratings Collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Obama's Ratings Collapse

decoded.nationaljournal.com

If President Obama were a television show, the network executives might start holding some serious meetings about how to turn his ratings around.

Tuesday's State of the Union address was the third consecutive year Obama's overall audience has shrunk, even though the speech was carried on more networks than ever before.

37.569 million viewers tuned in to the speech, according to Nielsen's ratings, released late Wednesday.

That translated into a 24.0 rating -- better than American Idol's,...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
twitter.com...#!/whpresscorps" target="_blank" class="postlink">Twitter : White House Press Corps
edit on 1/26/12 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to Washington D.C.

I also see a potential for Obama stealing the upcoming election.

Remember he just signed into law the Military can detain citizens?

For any reason, worldwide, and he had major support.

Now, add to that, that 14 out of 50 states are in a state of "National Emergency".

And I believe he plans to use this new law to sweep up the "Occupy" movement.

How will his ratings fair then?

decoded.nationaljournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I am sorry, but you CANNOT base your choice for president off TV ratings. In fact you shouldn't base that choice off any type of ratings except for your own!

I am not surprised, cable companies are going

and we will see the rise of TV on the Internet

Personally the only info I got from the state of the union came from the internet.
edit on 26-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So who would Obama be stealing the election from? Romney? Gingrich? Both of their polling is crashing through the floor. Gingrich has a disapproval rating over 50% and is doing very poorly with independent voters, Romney isn't much better.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
I am sorry, but you CANNOT base your choice for president off TV ratings. In fact you shouldn't base that choice off any type of ratings except for your own!

I am not surprised, cable companies are going

and we will see the rise of TV on the Internet

Personally the only info I got from the state of the union came from the internet.
edit on 26-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

But the President, Congress, and Senate make their choices based on ratings?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I cant believe anyone would watch his pandering meaningless drivel.

But lots of people have too much time on their hands apparently.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I don't know if a Web blog called "2012 decoded" is much of a source... recent polling shows Obama rising in favorability, and a CBS poll showed a 91% approval of his SOTA speech. If you want to see a rating's collapse, just look at the GOP 2012 candidates approval ratings. Instead of getting behind a real conservative (Paul) they are giving us more corporate shills.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
I don't know if a Web blog called "2012 decoded" is much of a source... recent polling shows Obama rising in favorability, and a CBS poll showed a 91% approval of his SOTA speech. If you want to see a rating's collapse, just look at the GOP 2012 candidates approval ratings. Instead of getting behind a real conservative (Paul) they are giving us more corporate shills.

I don't know about the source I quoted honestly.

Reading through Twitter feeds however it was interesting.

The White House Press Corps is who posted that particular website.
edit on 1/26/12 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Depth and Insight Into the Post.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That article was completely useless. "Obama's ratings for SOTU watchers have collapsed! Oh, but this happens to EVERY president and can probably be attributed to the fact that it was offered live online in multiple locations..." If anything it makes Obama look like he's sitting pretty with the American people. Which, in comparison to the clowns who are the frontrunners of the GOP nomination, makes a whole lot of sense. Obama has at least weathered us through a financial crisis without a complete collapse of the US dollar and a 25% unemployment rate. Newt and Mitt are both too rich to care - even if the entire economy collapses they'll be fine and their buddies will be fine so they can spend their time talking about how they don't know anything about the Constitution and how inner city children should be forced to work to get through school. It's such a joke. The best PR events for Obama are Newt and Mitt.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If America was smart they would turn off the Obama show,and change the channel to the Family guy, at least they're entertaining, we get our money's worth,and they make sense

edit on 26-1-2012 by sweetnlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

If 91% of people BELIEVED Obama in his SOTU, America is really screwed and there's no hope.

They might have agreed, but it's a whole another thing to BELIEVE the crap he's spouting.

And it has value.

Yeah. As fertilizer.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

If 91% of people BELIEVED Obama in his SOTU, America is really screwed and there's no hope.

They might have agreed, but it's a whole another thing to BELIEVE the crap he's spouting.

And it has value.

Yeah. As fertilizer.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Obama said nothing more than vague, innocuous, and double-speak speech last night.

Nothing was specifically said, except everyone is wrong, and I'm (Obama) right!

Basically said, he did nothing but prance about, saying nyah, nyah, nyah, I got the money!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

but you CANNOT base your choice for president off TV ratings.

Sure you can especially if most of the Americans are tuned into the tube, and are actually realizing what the hell is going on, that may just be a sign that people are beginning to wake up, and becoming more aware of the poisonous food for thought these politicians are feeding us. Only time will tell now.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by truthinfact

but you CANNOT base your choice for president off TV ratings.

Sure you can especially if most of the Americans are tuned into the tube, and are actually realizing what the hell is going on, that may just be a sign that people are beginning to wake up, and becoming more aware of the poisonous food for thought these politicians are feeding us. Only time will tell now.

An informed citizen bases their decisions and choices off of all perspectives.

Both sides of the story.

With as much possible information as they can gather.

Otherwise they are an irresponsible citizen.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
We have the internet, if people did research on these candidates or what Obama has really accomplished since taking office it would narrow their choices greatly.

A little research gives more information than we will ever see in the media. The best part is there are numerous sources to back up a ton of it. We have the world at our fingertips, yet nobody really taps into the wealth of knowledge made readily available.

The tools are laid out in front of us yet cardboard corporate cutouts are leading in all the polls to this day.

I urge everyone to take some time and do some investigating of your own. Don't listen to what anyone tells you about who you should vote for. The only person who can come to a decision is YOU.

new topics

top topics

join