It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Rumbling Noise Heard in Victoria B.C.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by twistedroots

There.....use the 11-digit YouTube code, bracketed between the 'yvid' and '/yvid' BB codes, in their respective brackets [ [ ] ].....Just those last 11 digits after the " =" sign in the YT http address.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Thanks so much proud bird! You learn a little something every day
Back on topic - I'm in Vancouver, BC right now - and I have two friends on facebook that live in Victoria that have mentioned hearing these noises. I'll follow their posts and see if any kind of explanation is posted there and share it here.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Interesting news vid...I know that there can't have been any naval exercises anywhere near Victoria due to the San Juan Islands, which constitute a high population area.

My wife and I are totally stumped by this whole thing. The only other time I have been this confused/interested was when I saw a UFO in 2006.

Gotta love the Pacific Northwest!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Well it seems we share the exact same feelings regaurding what we are feeling. I have been looking for a place where people are joing together to combine knowledge and specialties to try to accomplish more then just waiting on something we are not suppost to do anything about.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Maybe it's the earth getting ready to crack and break apart. They did say it's hollow. And, the noises sound like there hollow. Who knows?
edit on 27-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
So now that we have gone beyond "Its all a hoax.", what do we do now? I for one have been getting spiritually perpared for awhile. I understand that there will be strange things going on, but, it doesn't make it any easier to digest. BTW, some of these sounds seem very haunting and extreamly creepy.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
My guess, from the start to the end, DUMBs.

This may be the right site to say such, or may look crazy, but that is my guess.

The ever-striving, little 'dong', military folks, need bigger, and more BIGGER bases to save their arses from the future they 'signed for us' ... Where better than my granite mountains?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think its really the end of the world this time. Finally.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Siberbat
So now that we have gone beyond "Its all a hoax.", what do we do now? I for one have been getting spiritually perpared for awhile. I understand that there will be strange things going on, but, it doesn't make it any easier to digest. BTW, some of these sounds seem very haunting and extreamly creepy.

Well I live in Victoria, but somehow I didn't hear or feel any of that.
Maybe I was at work, in the truck in the morning, then asleep in the afternoon. I work nights.

Like 3am when there is almost no one, on the roads. If I was at work, and there were a few weirdos lurking around in the dark, like the odd time there are, and I heard this???

yeah that would be pretty freaky.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Stop the "I lived in victoria # is not impresimg me!

cheers though telll me if you feel the rumbling.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Stop the "I lived in victoria # is not impresimg me!

cheers though telll me if you feel the rumbling.

Its 3:06 PM here in Victoria, and someone is outside blowing a trumpet. I think they might be just crazy, but I thought you might want to know.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocketman7

Thanks for the update

I'm sorry for my post from last night, to be honest I don't remember typing it. I try to avoid ATS after a few drinks for this exact reason.

I've spoken to a few people from Victoria and none of them heard the recent incident that was reported on the news. Hopefully some footage of will surface. The only video from Victoria I have seen appears to be a really bad hoax.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
i'm in Surrey right near a place called mud bay, the only weird noise i've ever heard had a metallic sound except that it was pounding every 3-4 seconds , up to 10 seconds
not one continuous noise that fades out, it sounded like someone was hammering with a huge hammer against something steel, the only problem with that was it was 1 A.M and dead silent except for this massive steel pounding sound which sounded like it was coming from the islands direction. I could hear it from inside my house and it sounded like it was miles away once I went out.

I recorded it and i'll have to see if I deleted it or not to make room for other video, just letting you know i've heard something metallic in that general area.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Rocketman7

Thanks for the update

I'm sorry for my post from last night, to be honest I don't remember typing it. I try to avoid ATS after a few drinks for this exact reason.

I've spoken to a few people from Victoria and none of them heard the recent incident that was reported on the news. Hopefully some footage of will surface. The only video from Victoria I have seen appears to be a really bad hoax.

Peace.

There are a bunch of jokers around here who have been riding bikes and blowing trumpets and thats not unusual around here. This is a mythological kingdom. You know in Tibet, where they make loud noises to scare away the demons? Around here they use cherry bombs, and every once in a while they will let them go to scare away the demons.
Its not that they are superstitious, its just that they never got any religion.
People are not known for their church attendance around here.
Yet they probably know Revelations off by heart.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I spoke to a few more people from the area and no one has heard this noise.

When winter is over I will pay more attention in the hopes of hearing it, whatever it is.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm on the mainland (BC) not on the Island so I can't speak to what happened there.

On the evening of Jan.18th however, there was an alleged 2.8M quake less than 20km from me.

The odd thing is, there was no rumbling, or shaking, or other common things you'd associate with a quake... it was just a sudden and massive BOOM. Like a massive sonic boom but it was so close to my house that i jumped off the couch and ran outside because I thought someone had ran into it with their truck.

I quickly realized that wasn't possible, as there was no crashing of wood and concrete, no screetching tires... just a sudden and massive low frequency THUD of a sound. A few ceiling panels in the basement were on the floor but otherwise no damage.

Talking to a co-worker the next day I mentioned it sounded to me like "God put his foot down in my back yard"

Sorry if this isn't exactly relevant. I did some research and apparently a quake can cause such a sound (really??) ... but at 2.8 and 20KM away ... I was just skeptical. I've never been party to a quake that didn't rumble... and quakes in this part of the region are extremely rare.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join