It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Rumbling Noise Heard in Victoria B.C.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

CE - what you are describing sounds like maybe what my wife heard yesterday (Tuesday, January 25th). We live in Bonney Lake, WA which is south of Seattle. Much closer to Tacoma than Seattle. Anyway, when I got home from work yesterday my wife asked me if I had heard anything about an earthquake, which I had not, and she told me that she both felt and heard a rumbling somewhat like an earthquake. Having read all of the "atmospheric noise" threads on ATS lately, I pulled up a couple of the videos and played them for her. She said that was not the sound that she felt/heard and we just kind of blew it off as maybe wind or something (lots of heavy wind yesterday around the Puget Sound region).

So today at work, I'm taking a little ATS reading break and come across your thread and my "spidey sense" gets to tingling and...well I'm just adding my little "event" to the whole thing. Just the way you describe it (other than the street cleaner thing) is so familiar to what my wife described.

For anyone not familiar with the area, my location is approximately 100 miles southeast of Victoria, BC - a very beautiful city I have visited a few times and am long overdue for another visit.
edit on 26-1-2012 by tallcool1 because: Geography lesson

OOps - Sorry CE, the street sweeper comment was made by NuminousCosmos and not you - sorry for the confusion.
edit on 26-1-2012 by tallcool1 because: Replied to the wrong person

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Your theory from the other thread is certainly possible. At first the Tallahassee vid sounds like a normal rumble that could be described as many different things, but when I listen real close I can hear the humm that you hear in the recent vids but the rumble kind of overpowers it. The best description I can offer for the humming noise I'm trying to explain is the noise that happens when you take an old plastic vaccum tube and swing it around real fast like a lasso, I find the new noises to be similar to this but with much more bass to them.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bw_drum
reply to post by SkyMuerte

All I can add to that is....at least people are looking and listening. Instead of the norm, just popping your had back in your tv, ipod, iphone, pc or game console....for whatever reason they are at least looking.

Two stars for anything that wakes people up!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bw_drum

At first she didn't hear it, or at least notice it. Only when I asked her to listen did she hear the sound. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I had not heard of the phenomena here on ATS.

The only reason I am now concerned is at the same time, in nearly the same area, an entire CITY noticed it. I don't think that street sweeper could've crossed the Sound

The Whidby Island Naval Air Station is semi-close to me and I hear about a dozen sonic booms a week in this area, but what I heard was nothing like that. It was a low bass throb with an undercurrent of chiming bells. It was as if someone was playing classical music with all of the treble cut off.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

Yeah what I experienced is about that hard to describe too. I am very familiar with air traffic noise - military and civi and even to some extent a little with EQs. I am also an audio engineer (side hobby as a musician) and the noise and associated feeling are not normal in my 40 years on this globe...nor can I really put a sound source to it.
It is just very hard to ignore or tone out or shelve with the "just another odd noise" label. It really does catch your attention. No clue what we are all experiencing. And for the record...I experienced the sounds wayyy before any of the hoaxy youtube vids were even thought of.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by chrismicha77

The first time I ever heard of this phenomena was down in Florida, I'm not sure if it's been "debunked" but here is the video.

I am now desperate to find some audio sound simular to the sound I heard. So far this one is the closest to what I heard. I dont know if it just does not come out as loud in recordings, but what I heard was frighningly loud.

There also seem to be other sounds that people have recorded that does not sound like anything close to what I heard. So, now I wonder if there are different sounds.

I hope people will keep their integrity high and not make up stuff, because for those of us who have heard loud, strange noises coming from the sky, in the absence of any visible crafts in the sky, it creates an urge to want to know what it is. Since I heard it here, Pretoria, South Africa the other night, I really really want to know.

Am spending money to listen to recordings on the net, as I don't have free internet access 24/7 but have to buy data bundles which gets used up.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm trying to find videos since this is a fairly populated area and if there were reports, there should be people who recorded it. I found this video but it appears to be a really bad hoax so don't say I didn't warn you.

Anyone who would hoax something like this needs some serious help
I'm still waiting for a reply from some people I contacted out there so I will let you guys know if I hear anything.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I listened to / watched the video from Florida.

Have to say the Southern accent does lend credibility to any story.

Did she tell her son 'Jed' to take cover, at one point?

The sounds reminded me of this...

www.youtube.com...

And you know what that means...

I saw that movie years ago and have never eaten soy products since.

edit on 26-1-2012 by BRAVO949 because: damn video can not be embedded

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BRAVO949

It does sound similar to the machines in your first video. IMO the Florida video is the most credible one to date, there were a few other videos that had a similar sound, regrettably I'm starting to become a bit skeptical about most the newer videos. I hope some of my friends from out West heard this. There is a lot of ocean traffic in the area so that could be it too.

I can't make come to any conclusions if I haven't even heard the noise yet, all I've seen so far are a few news reports.

BTW...I've n ever seen that movie, it looks like it's from the early 70's, a bit before my time.

"Soylent green people"

That guy looked like someone slipped him some moldy ergot.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I just got off the phone with a friend from Victoria. He never heard the sound but he just saw a report about in on the news. The report said there were military exercises going on near Port Angeles (Washington State) and there are more scheduled for tonight. I don't know whether or not this is true yet but I will look into it.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I live in Victoria. Personally, I didn't hear the sound on Tuesday, but I have heard it many, many times in the past. The sound stopped for quite awhile, but recently started up again... maybe three-ish weeks ago? I found it rather interesting that threads started popping up about "strange sounds" literally a day after I started hearing them again. Just goes to show that something really does seem to be happening!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

This is just getting weird. I have said it before and will repeat it here. These sounds are ominous, and when we find the answer to this riddle, I have a feeling we aren't going to like it one bit.

I feel the same way as of late. The sounds are increasing and over major cities around the world. What if it is an invasion or the return of something.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CaPpedDoG

Have you heard any news reports claiming it's naval exercises?

I don't buy it because I doubt they would be shooting stuff in the strait or the Gulf Islands. They have to go out a certain distance for various reasons. I'm searching with every word combination I can think of and cannot find any info on any drills last night.

If these drills were going on in the area the media would have known about it this morning and this afternoon so I think they are trying to make it sound like these noises don't exist.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I may live in Victoria and haven't heard anything lately but there were reports of sounds in Sooke also. I heard on the radio that they blamed it on blasting being done across the Haro Straight in Squim Washington. Which is roughly 60km (30mi) across the ocean.

I guess sound does travel farther on water but unless they were taking down one of the Olympic Mountains I find that hard to believe.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

I had a friend of mine from Sooke tell me she heard the noise a couple weeks ago. It was in the daytime when you guys were getting some snow. Not the most recent storm, but the one before that. She said it sounded just like the Florida video. She isn't one to make stuff up so I believe her.

Regrettably all we have to go on is word of mouth.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
During the wars with Sadam, very late at night I used to hear very deep growly rumbly noises which I knew were large planes on their way to deliver more death from the uk. Then about 2 months ago I heard the same noise however unlike those of the planes which I could tell were moving across the sky this noise was static. When it stopped it was like someone turned the volume down. My guess is SOME of these noises are real and they are some kind military plane so huge it can be heard but too high to be seen. I also suspect the reason it sounded like the volume was turned down is because it dissapeared over the horizon.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I heard this noise in Arkansas on the 18th. I live in central Arkansas, and it was a very surreal moment for me. My girlfriend cried, we have been reading about it since early last year, but to finally experience it for yourself is unexplainable.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
All joking aside, that sound scared the hell out of me.

It sounds like a huge blowtorch.

I know something this evil must involve Zionism - I just can't make the link yet.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I havent inbedded a youtube video before, I hope this works! It seems to have hit the local news! Very strange indeed! I somehow feel too, that if and when the source of the rumbling is revealed, it might not be anything we could have imagined! I guess we'll wait and see!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
ok I obviously didnt do it correctly. I'll just add the link here: Sorry folks!

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join