It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Rumbling Noise Heard in Victoria B.C.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The rumbling noise that we have all heard so much about lately has now been heard in Victoria B.C., it even made the local newspaper.

Unusual shaking and rumbling reported around the capital region had people thinking "earthquake" - but, rest assured, there was no seismic event.

Natural Resources Canada responded to public concerns by posting an explanation on its website, saying what was felt could have come from an "atmospheric source," likely sound waves travelling over a long distance.

Taimi Mulder, a seismologist at the Pacific Geoscience Centre in North Saanich, said it received several calls from the public reporting rumbling at about 10: 45 a.m. and 2 p.m. Tuesday.

www.timescolonist.com...

Many of the locals thought it might be an earthquake since it even caused a shaking sensation but there was no seismic activity in the area. It's being blamed on sound waves "traveling over a long distance" which coming from an "atmospheric source" which is similar to the explanation in North Battleford, Saskatchewan.

I'm unable to find this explanation on the Natural Resources Canada website but I will provide the link in the hopes that fellow members can help me find it.

www.nrcan.gc.ca...

This noise is being heard everywhere including various places in Canada, even though some of these incidents might be a hoax I believe a lot of them to be true. I believe this most likely has to do with changes in our galactic neighborhood regarding increased solar activity, I'm also open to the idea that it may have something to do with our magnetic poles.

Please add any videos from the Victoria, B.C. regions if you can find them, my search came out empty handed but I will continue to look for some examples.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

This is just getting weird. I have said it before and will repeat it here. These sounds are ominous, and when we find the answer to this riddle, I have a feeling we aren't going to like it one bit.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

I agree, the answer to this phenomenon will probably be outside our realm of understanding. Either way I still find the noise to be soothing and if it's cleansing time for Mother Earth, I support her.

I'm not religious but now would be a good time for everyone to make sure they're in spiritual peace with themselves and their loved ones. I have had a really good feeling since the end of last year so I'm not scared one bit no matter what happens.

peace

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

This is just getting weird. I have said it before and will repeat it here. These sounds are ominous, and when we find the answer to this riddle, I have a feeling we aren't going to like it one bit.

I get the same feeling from these strange sound videos... As a matter of fact, at times when listening to them I get the urge to cry. I don't know why, because I am very much not an emotional person. I just have an overwhelming feeling of (something), if that makes sense.

Could these be some kind of signals coming from an intelligent source and directed at our planet? Perhaps they could be decoded in some way, if information can be encoded with sound.
edit on 26-1-2012 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This expert has a different explanation. I like the ones that whole areas hear, I won't pay attention unless multiple people in an area report/film it.. Too many hoaxes, but check it out, tell me if that explanation makes any sense

Apparently it's normal

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IFeelForty

I have heard various explanations from "experts" but I think this is mainstream science's way of saying "nothing to see here move along".

This has not been reported in our recent history so IMO this is something fairly new, at least to present day humans.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I agree 100%. I am far from religious, but very spiritual. I have told my family and friends that now is the time for us as a species to ascend to a new level of consciousness. They look at me like I should be committed, of course. However, I have found an inner peace I have not experienced in my life before.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I was going to make my own thread on this, but this one comes darn close to what I wanted to share:

I live in Western Washington, about 25 miles east of Victoria near the coast. My wife and I were visiting our local library- when we came outside we were discussing where we would go to eat lunch-when I stopped mid sentence and listened intently to a strange noise. My wife asked me what was wrong, but I motioned for her to remain silent so I could determine where I had heard this before. Then it clicked.

I was hearing the same weird 'waterphone' like sounds that have been posted here on ATS. I told her about the threads I had been reading and explained to her that I thought it was a hoax. However, the sound was loud and literally started to scare the piss out of me. We got into the car and we tried to follow the source. After about four miles of twists and turns, we came across a street sweeper doing it's rounds. She and I laughed about it.

Now, at almost the same time, Victorians heard the same sound-in very much the same region. Now I am a very big believer in the scientific method and I thought I had solved the problem by finding the sweeper. I am not so assured today.

edit on 1/26/2012 by NuminousCosmos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Why isn't the US hearing these sounds, I wanna be in the Hum club. I smell a conspiracy!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

I used to live in Victoria would have loved to witness this. It's only 9 am over there so it's too early to call most people but I'm going to fire off a few text messages shortly. I'm hoping some video footage of this noise pops up, and I hope it's not another rehash of the Kiev sound

The Times Colonist is usually consistent and is considered to be somewhat reliable as far as mainstream sources go as long as it's not politics. Thank you for sharing your experience, it seems everyone has heard this except for me.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

The first time I ever heard of this phenomena was down in Florida, I'm not sure if it's been "debunked" but here is the video.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

this statement I can agree with wholeheartedly.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Many years ago Pink Floyd played at Hughs Stadium in Sacramento. It is a 30,000 seat open air stadium. It had rained for three days straight however the rain stopped just as the first note was struck on the stage. PRetty darn cool. Anyway the point is that despite it not being an intolerably loud concert the were fined for excessive noise. There was a low dense cloud cover and people could clearly hear the concert ten miles away.

People were hearing the bass rumblings nearly 20 miles away........ When Areojet is out testing their ion pulse motors I can hear the low throb from ten miles away.

I am sorry folks but I simply think that people are jumping on the strange sound bandwagon. That or a giant cloaked alien mothership is waiting for the right time to invade.......

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SkyMuerte

I lived in Victoria for 12 years and never heard this once, and there are a lot of different types of clouds there too. This world wide phenomena may have a natural explanation, but it's no where near normal by our standards.

ETA:

When I said there are lots of diff clouds, I mean there are lots of diff weather systems.
edit on 26-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Yeah seems like that one started it all but ever since the US has been pretty quiet. Seems like Canada though has been the hot spot for it. I've got my video recorder ready just in case!!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

That particular video from Tallahassee, Florida, was mentioned in another thread as possibly one of the "first" cases.....and that the trend on the Internet to "go viral" has led to many hoaxes and mimics since.

In that other thread I wrote a post that may have an answer...or not, but at least it's worth considering:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

Just curious here...you said you heard the sound...but you said your wife asked what was wrong....did she hear it as well?
I am on a small theory here that maybe only certain people hear it. Just a thought.
And tracking down the source and finding the sweeper was a very logical thing to do. Glad you took the time to find a logical reason behind the sound.
As humans we try to find the simplest answers to puzzles....even to the point of, at times, making the logic fit to something when it doesn't fully explain things at all. I think we find comfort in being able to explain away the "boogeyman", even when deep down we know that the logic isn't really spot on. Just food for thought there.
This noise, unless people experience it first hand, is hard to really understand.
On the pics or video or it didn't happen note...No way can I put faith into videos and audio recordings. It's just too easy to hoax everything these days. Technology is a blessing and a curse in cases like these. Even with the new tech (that we know of - like direct brainwave transmission, directional audio, nonlethal tech - heat rays, etc) I am even wondering if we can trust our own senses....they may not truly be our own.
Anyway...peace and happy hunting for the answers.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SkyMuerte

All I can add to that is....at least people are looking and listening. Instead of the norm, just popping your head back in your tv, ipod, iphone, pc or game console....for whatever reason they are at least looking.
edit on 26-1-2012 by bw_drum because: typing too fast for my own good - spelling blooper

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well , i live in Nanaimo, about a hundred miles from Victoria, and the "noise" was definately not heard here......
I have been listening for it since it has become "popular" on u toob.
My domicile is a school bus, and outside sounds are very audible in it.
I doubt that i have missed anything yet ....
(I am an avid skywatcher etc)
Plus being retired gives me lots of time to do so.....
So far no noise here......i await hearing the sound live.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

That particular video from Tallahassee, Florida, was mentioned in another thread as possibly one of the "first" cases.....and that the trend on the Internet to "go viral" has led to many hoaxes and mimics since.

In that other thread I wrote a post that may have an answer...or not, but at least it's worth considering:

As sounds in the sky go that one from Florida is exactly what I heard in early Nov 2011 and there are no NASA rocket test bases near me.

But that's what I heard and haven't heard it before that or since.

When I heard it it was like: "What is that?! Where is it coming from? Strange." The only suggestion I got is a refinery sound. The sound of something being burned off. There is a refinery near me but never had I heard it make this sound in 25 years (if it did). But check location of refineries as well as air bases and test places.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join