It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spacetime is life.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Think about it.

You have matter and spacetime. You have inanimate and animate. How do you get the inanimate to become animate? How do you get the animate to evolve? SPACETIME. Its not life that we can physically identify as progressing. Its spacetime. Space expands and time goes on so life evolves.

We can't find consciousness because we're looking in the wrong place. We can't find the initiator of life because we're looking in the wrong place. It's SPACETIME.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Did you know that the quantum physicist David Bohm gave up his research into plasma, because he considered that it arranged its self as a life form would. could that be connected?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
Did you know that the quantum physicist David Bohm gave up his research into plasma, because he considered that it arranged its self as a life form would. could that be connected?

It could be. That's crazy though. If I figured out something like that, I'd immerse myself more heavily into the research. Thanks for this.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

a bit about my story. have been going through the ascension process & have been disconnected from source (consciousness) now for nearly 5 years

let me share with you what i have experienced (very painfully..
)

if you disconnect yourself from source there would be nothing. there is a void. a deafening nothingness. it doesn't matter where you go or what you do you cannot connect to or interact with the physical world. so right now where you physically are if you disconnected yourself from source you would not be able to feel anything (except your karma playing out if you have any.. which most of us do.. which is a diff story..)

the only reason we experience space/ time is because of what we ourselves are projecting or creating. it is a reflection of the self.

because space/ time is part of our projection and the self is what we use to connect to source our relationship with space/ time changes as the self changes. It changes as we transcend the ego or align with the true self.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Like the good old "if a tree falls in the wood and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?"

If theres a big bang and no life evolves to witness it, did it even happen?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
Like the good old "if a tree falls in the wood and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?"

This is something I have been thinking about everyday for the past couple of months. Did it happen? Maybe, but it is meaningless without life. Life has the power to define the universe and assign it meaning. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if you want the universe to be something spectacular, then it will be, if only you can see it that way.
edit on 26-1-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)
You have the power.
edit on 26-1-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hmm.. Another evolution/big band debate. Been several of those lately. But, I quite fancy this debate. Almost every time this discussion is brought up, I learn some new perspective or result of research that adds a piece to the all encompassing puzzle that is the single truth.

First of all, read my recent reply to a thread Here

Now, the thing about this thread that got me thinking was a poster above commenting about David Bohms Plasma research. Plasma, of course is the 4th state of matter, which is basically just ionized fluid particles, most similar to the gas state (not sure is ionized liquid could yield a plasma). Probably the most relevant aspect of plasma, relating to the purposes of this debate is the

Cellular Structure of Plasma

Narrow sheets with sharp gradients may separate regions with different properties such as magnetization, density and temperature, resulting in cell-like regions. Examples include the magnetosphere, heliosphere, and heliospheric current sheet. Hannes Alfvén wrote: "From the cosmological point of view, the most important new space research discovery is probably the cellular structure of space. As has been seen in every region of space accessible to in situ measurements, there are a number of 'cell walls', sheets of electric currents, which divide space into compartments with different magnetization, temperature, density, etc

David Bohm - Implicate Order

Bohm believes that life and consciousness are enfolded deep in the generative order and are therefore present in varying degrees of unfoldment in all matter, including supposedly "inanimate" matter such as electrons or plasmas. He suggests that there is a "protointelligence" in matter, so that new evolutionary developments do not emerge in a random fashion but creatively as relatively integrated wholes from implicate levels of reality. The mystical connotations of Bohm's ideas are underlined by his remark that the implicate domain "could equally well be called Idealism, Spirit, Consciousness. The separation of the two -- matter and spirit -- is an abstraction. The ground is always one."

The entire basis of Bohm's suspicion that Plasma was or aided the 'initiator' entirely depends on the possibility that "there is a 'protointelligence' in matter" which seem to possess the ability organize matter into cell-like regions. I am reminded of a scene from Terminator2, where T-1000 gets blown to smithereens and all of his pieces melt and Intelligently Collect in order to reform the cyborg. Even 1990 Hollywood understood that process required a controlling intelligence. So according to Bohm, represented by T-1000, all/most/some matter inherently contains a characteristic degree of prototintelligence. This is plausible, in my opinion, while still being able to believe in Once God, that created the universe.

As far as I know, evolution kinda depends on the big bang theory (correct me if im wrong). There is a large degree of evidence pointing to the big bang trillions of years ago. Working back in time, all the way to the singularity, where all the space, all the time, all the matter that exists in the universe (same amount of matter now as there was then) (time increases as a function of increasing space) was contained in a singularity. Even at that point, where did all that stuff come from? How was it organized? How was it set in motion? Suppose:

All intelligence (though intangible) was contained in matter at the time of the big bang.
All matter resulted from the big bang event.
Therefore, all intelligence resulted from the big bang.

So, I believe the one true God to everything.... literally. Consider a possibility before the singularity (and i dont mean the elastic big bang effect, we know it's accelerating still) God 'exerted' (for lack of a better word) itself into a completely blank nothingness, where the result is the big bang. Therefore, God's intelligence makes up the universe. According to the Bible, we all have God inside us. I believe to be literal in that we are all pieces of the spiritual, intellectual, physical incarnation of God. A basic law of physics: Matter can neither be created nor destroyed. I.e. is it possible to add to or subtract from God? No!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound isn't the question, did the tree actually fall is the true question, for if no one heard it fall, how can you know for sure it actually fell?

Space = Body/Skin of Source
Time = Thought Process of Source
Matter = Mind of Source

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I am going search very hard now for that Bohm plasma source [no pun] and write it up on here.

wish me luck, its going to takes ages.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

We hear a lot from people that have had NDEs that everything is love. Perhaps the nature of matter itself is what they have told us it is. I ask myself, "What IS a proton". Of course we all know its a positively charged particle, but I'm not sure if that's a complete definition. You know?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

We hear a lot from people that have had NDEs that everything is love. Perhaps the nature of matter itself is what they have told us it is. I ask myself, "What IS a proton". Of course we all know its a positively charged particle, but I'm not sure if that's a complete definition. You know?

Trons = Light + Magnetics

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Ribbit

Ok. And we also here from them that love is light, which is something that, so far, I have not been able to fully understand. So if it is as you say, "Trons=light + magnetics", then maybe there is a connection to your view and mine.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Ribbit

Ok. And we also here from them that love is light, which is something that, so far, I have not been able to fully understand. So if it is as you say, "Trons=light + magnetics", then maybe there is a connection to your view and mine.

You and eye think alot alike but you are stubborn and won't listen.

What if Light is generated by the Love of Source?

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Space, and movement, as the framework through which the occurance of life flows, and without which life cannot exist (you're right about that part), however magnificent, and beautiful it (movement in space) is to witness and to experience, first hand, is still a frame, not the "painting" itself. And in the same way that any great painting, however well adorned with a beautiful and magnificent frame, is greater than its frame, so too is life itself greater than, or transcendant of, the spacetime continuum, imho.

Perhaps even the frame itself may be subject to change and transformation in hyperdimensional, multiworld/universal spacetime, while the painting alone remains, both eternally AND as a continual "work in progress"...? OMG

After all, in the quantum domain (of infinite and unbounded possibility), given enough time (and space) anything is possible, even ACTUAL! OMG, what a marvel! (imho).

new topics

top topics

join