It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt or Mitt who would you vote for if it came down to those two for the nomination?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowIsThe
reply to post by MrDesolate

. We spent as much money in one month in Afghanistan as we have in the last 34 years of funding NASA (That is from the mouth of Rush Limbaugh). The war is real. However, the reason for its existence is just completely different than what the Zionist owned media wants you to believe.
edit on 31-1-2012 by NowIsThe because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2012 by NowIsThe because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2012 by NowIsThe because: spelling

edit on 31-1-2012 by NowIsThe because: spelling

Pardon me but I believe I quoted those numbers on another thread and I gave credit to the science channel.

I then corrected myself and said the numbers were more to the tune of 50 years. I never gave credit to Rush Limbaugh.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

Yep, the guy that rode to the polling place with me at lunchtime was voting Santorum. I voted Paul. The guy said his wife is a registered Democrat, and she can't vote in the Primary, but she will vote for either Paul or Santorum in November, but if they aren't on the ballot, then she is voting for Obama again. I can't say it enough, but I don't think anyone is listening. Newt and Romney have no chance in November.

Another tidbit from the polling place. It was a ghost town! I got there at about 1 p.m., and I was their 72nd person all day. They said they had a rush earlier, 2 people showed up at once.
It seems there is very little interest in this Primary, and that is probably because of all the ridiculousness about "electability." People don't care about voting, because they think the GOP has already decided its nominee, and they are probably right.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well it depends where you live. Florida is a VERY VERY big state. Do you live in a rural town? I am sure in places like Tampa or Orlando or Miami things are a bit different.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

My town is kind of both rural and city. I live in Tallahassee, the Capital of the State, and the seat of State Government, so this place is hugely active in politics. Most everyone I know works for some capacity within the State Government, or is connected to it in some way.

BUT, I live on the outskirts of town, and my polling place is a little rural church, and this area is also right on the border with Georgia, and it is significantly different than Miami or Tampa or Ft. Lauderdale.

I'm sure there are different results in different parts of the state, but I know if the interest is lacking in Tallahassee, then it is probaby even worse in other areas of the state.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar

You criticize Paul supporters and even use the language of a 12 year old to describe him. You hide out in every Paul thread speaking negatively about him. I think you have an unhealthy obsession. It's alright to dislike him or not support him, he doesn't have to come out of your mouth in every post. It shows your bias.

I don't agree with you and think you're an idiot if you support either of Mitt/Newt as they are both completely in bed with the bankers who control our currency and rip off the people while doing so, but it is your choice to make. Neither one of them stands a chance at ousting Obama, he's the hand picked puppet, well maybe Romney, but can't see it. To fall for this sham at this day and age is frightening. I can't believe either one of them would get a single vote, they are completely full of #.

So we are having a nice conversation about Rick Santorum and you feel the need to call me an idiot and insult me some more because I hate Ron Paul the most out of all the candidates? For now on I will refer to Ron Paul as he-who-shall-not-be-named!!! Not, because of the fear he instills in me but because of the fear his followers have if he does not win the election. The blind following he-who-shall-not-be-named perfect analogy to Voldemort. Don't ya think!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I'm not registered in Florida, so I can't vote here, but it seems like people over where you are have just flocked to the center of the town to vote with their friends, since as you say you live on the outskirts.

There were a bunch of crowds at the villages when Newt went there on Sunday I have seen.
edit on 31-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I was surprised that we didn't get a visit from Newt or Romney here in Tallahassee. I think they might have visited Panama City. Santorum came here to Tallahassee, but it wasn't very publicized, I only saw it on the News after the fact. You would think they would market themselves a little better before a visit?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I was surprised that we didn't get a visit from Newt or Romney here in Tallahassee. I think they might have visited Panama City. Santorum came here to Tallahassee, but it wasn't very publicized, I only saw it on the News after the fact. You would think they would market themselves a little better before a visit?

well remember only until recently with the launch of the internet did politicians really become travelling celebrities likened to rock stars. I have read many political books by different politicians about their journeys and a lot of them used that word to describe their campaign speeches and the bus tours and whatnot. I don't think the politicians no how to use technology effectively just yet. Obama Sarah Palin and even Glenn Beck are prime examples of internet politicians. So is He-who-shall-not-be-named!!!! He has a huge internet following here on ATS and elsewhere. But they do need to allow people a little more than a day's notice to get people to come out to their events. I know the websites update them only weekly.

When newt came to the villages I couldn't go because it was on a Sunday at 1:30! That's usually when I am finishing eating Breakfast or Brunch with friends plus its a sunday! It was tough to synchronize anybody's schedules to go with them

I remember reading an article about Bauchmann showing up at some pizza shop in Iowa expecting a large crowd and the media, only nobody KNEW she was coming.
edit on 31-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
I'm in Southwest Florida. Wish I could have better news. Ran into a LOT OF PEOPLE voting Santorum.. kind of makes you question what world you are living in.

A world where people are allowed to choose who they vote for because of whatever logic they feel is right?

That's democracy.

Believe me, I voted against Former Bush every single time I could, contributed to opposing campaigns (including opposing Republican campaigns) and even voted in the Republican primary so I could vote against him. And he still got elected because more people wanted him in than didn't want him in.

Thankfully we do live in a country where the government can't force us to vote for a single party (Egypt was a not-very-shining-example of that) -- but we also live in a country where a large percentage of folks don't care enough about the process to get the heck out and vote.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think the MSM forgot about the seniors. They were talking about young people and that they were voting for he-who-shall-not-be-named. But now they are talking about the seniors voting for Santorum, Ya know he might actually beat Newt this time in Florida!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join