It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newt or Mitt who would you vote for if it came down to those two for the nomination?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by macaronicaesar

Listen bud all politicians do that and so does RP!!!!

When debating with a onslaught of pro-RP supporters attacking me I have little time to check my grammar dude!

So you are against corruption, but want my right to vote taken away? The logic of RP supporters never fails to amaze!!!!
edit on 29-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by macaronicaesar

Listen bud all politicians do that and so does RP!!!!

When debating with a onslaught of pro-RP supporters attacking me I have little time to check my grammar dude!

So you are against corruption, but want my right to vote taken away? The logic of RP supporters never fails to amaze!!!!
edit on 29-1-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

It was a joke, hence the LOL, but you really do need to wake up and that's no joke.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

Newt's Chances on Actually Winning the Republican Nomination ? Slim To None.............

Washington Times

communities.washingtontimes.com...

............." Along with establishment candidate Mitt Romney, Ron Paul is the only candidate who was able to get on the ballot in all fifty states. Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum will not get enough delegates from the states they have qualified for to receive the Republican nomination. Rick Santorum still has very poor name recognition, and Newt Gingrich is one of the most polarizing political figures of our generation , and he could not even get on the ballot in his home state. In other words, Mitt Romney and Ron Paul are the only electable candidates to choose from."

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by macaronicaesar
It was a joke, hence the LOL, but you really do need to wake up and that's no joke.

Yeah, I need to wake up and submit to the Ron Paul propaganda, no thank you! I'd rather stick with my own values instead of yours or Ron Paul's. We need a leader, not a feel good ideological message. Obama has messed up enough times for me to understand that Ideologes don't work that well in politics.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The Radio programs in Florida are completely bombarded by anti-Newt, and anti-Romney ads. Those two are having at each other. The thing is, both negative spins are exactly right, so I don't know how anybody can vote for either candidate?

Newt does have too much baggage, he was run out of the Congress in disgrace, he did resign his position, and he did take up a high paying lobbyist position that he is trying to claim was as an "historian?" Nobody makes millions as an historian.
He is a lying flip-flopper and entrenched DC man. Romney's ads are right on the money.

Romney is supposedly a Mormon, but he was pro-choice in Massachusetts. His reasoning? Massachusetts is a pro-choice state! So, he admittedly changes his own morality to fit the climate to get elected. AKA, he is a liar, and not even true to his own faith and religion, let alone his word! Now, he is supposedly pro-life? He also favored a law that would allow minors to get an abortion without any parent's approval. He is also extremely rich, and his position on immigration sucks, it is far too rigid.... not that it matters, because he is just saying what he thinks is popular, once in office, he will lighten up on it and try to center himself more.

Newt is being attacked by the Hispanic community, and even Marco Rubio! But, Newt did get the endorsement of serial sexual harasser Cain.
Makes sense I suppose, since Cain's own sexual deviancy is what ran him out of the race, so it makes sense that he would support the guy who left his wife because she was not first lady material.

So, this thread is supposed to be just about those two guys. I am in Florida, and I am hearing the ads, and I even took a phone survey today, TWICE, because they called back to verify my answers?
But anyway, I am in Florida, and we go to vote Tuesday, so someone tell me how anyone in their right mind, with any kind of conscience can vote for either of these two?

I won't mention where my vote is going to go, but I think there is only a single candidate that has not been attacked in the press once this weekend.

Every single commercial break today had an anti-Romney, or anti-Newt ad, and about every 4th one had an anti-Santorum ad. Nobody is running a positive ad about their own ideas, but I have seen some billboards promoting one certain Doctor that are positive.

I've reached this conclusion after two days of radio bombardment with negativity. When Florida ultimately votes, and they ultimately pick one of these two rich, elite, lying losers, and they do so with full knowledge of their histories and their lies, then we will get exactly what we deserve. I'm a prepper, so I couldn't care less anymore. I'm prepared for when SHTF, and I believe I'll even start making preps for over-bearing govt and escape from a SWAT assault. I truly believe the country will vote for another lying POS, and I truly believe if the SHTF, we deserve it. It is our own fault. We've been told over and over and over again what bad guys these guys are, but we are probably going to elect one of them anyway.

/rant
edit on 29-1-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Gingrich and Romney both are funded by the same interests. They don't care which one gets the nomination, as long is it is not you know who. The unspeakable Dr. Paul.
Bollyn does his homework.
Bollyn
So Newt or Mitt is a mental exercise in futility.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SurrealisticPillow

I thought so too, but everything they are doing to each other is only helping Obama, so it doesn't fit the conspiracy angle?

They are being far too hard on one another.............. unless, maybe this is a vetting of sorts? Maybe they are being harsh, because Obama will be harsh, and they need to see which candidate can whether the negativity and still keep the voters?//

Either way, they are both a guaranteed Obama victory.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Actually it does. Obama is firmly in their pocket.
His role he is playing perfectly. He is the guy that is SUPPOSED to be against Israel, while meanwhile he has done more for Israel than any other president.
It is great con game where they hold all of the cards except one.
RP.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Maybe just like RP supporters shut their ears and sing lalala to anyone who questions their man, I don't listen to TV ads that are full of anti-whoever propaganda paid by super pacs supporting the other whoever!

It's really quite simple. LIsten to each of their messages, see which ones can ACTUALLY be implemented into the White House in a practical manner and there you have it. This is why RP will never win, he is too extreme, even for the Tea Party!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
i realize that being canadian, i cant vote.But I think that Mitt has a lot of skeletons in the closet. Ones that have yet to come out.... However he has a lot of business experience.... right at the moment... i would pick newt.. EH

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmysimpson
i realize that being canadian, i cant vote.But I think that Mitt has a lot of skeletons in the closet. Ones that have yet to come out.... However he has a lot of business experience.... right at the moment... i would pick newt.. EH

Thank you for actually answering the question at hand sir, and not mentioning RP. Star for you!

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
*snip*
Polling shows the general public is waiting for someone completely new.

If the unemployment rate jumps back over 9%, i can easily see Hillary arriving on the
scene. She is polling better than Obama against ALL of the GOP candidates.

When that happens we will also pull a rabbit out of our hat.

You might be onto something. it's a fact that BO isn't going to be ON the ballot in Georgia, and there are other states that are holding similar proceedings. if that snowballs, and he's off, Hillary is the only option for the left. If she does run, we will need a completely different game plan.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This thread is so hijacked, it's beyond all hope. Nice try, OP, but you can't win. I can't even post WHY, because that would be removed.

This is supposed to be about two people, a "what if" scenario. Doesn't matter if you want one or the other; that wasn't the question. You can say one or the other, or neither, but why it it permissible to attack people that don't support a person that has NO CHANCE of winning? A person that would leave the country vulnerable to attack? Seeing these things as considerations does NOT make people "sheep", "shills", "brainwashed", etc. The problem with RP fans is they can see his good points, but are unable to see his bad points. Since he keeps being forced into the thread, let's get those out in the open, and explain exactly why the rest of us do not want him.

1. Racist, anti-Semetic positions
2. Pro-legal drug use
3. Isolationist
4. talked about "privacy" when asked if he was pro-life
5. cult-like behavior from much of his fan base

That's a start. Now, while telling us how bad Newt and Mitt are, can we discuss those points as well, in fairness?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It's good to find out who all the candidates are even though he's not
mentioned in the thread title. Did you know Santorum cancelled some
appearances yesterday and today to go to the hospital, I think in Philadelphia, his youngest, Bella is very sick. Say a prayer for Bella.

This video tells you who Santorum is...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
appearances yesterday and today to go to the hospital, I think in Philadelphia, his youngest, Bella is very sick. Say a prayer for Bella.

www.youtube.com...

Any update on bella's health condition? I mentioned that he could drop out if he feels the need to stay with his daughter during this diffiicult time and if he backs Newt He can give Romney a fighting chance.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
This thread is so hijacked, it's beyond all hope. Nice try, OP, but you can't win. I can't even post WHY, because that would be removed.

1. Racist, anti-Semetic positions
2. Pro-legal drug use
3. Isolationist
4. talked about "privacy" when asked if he was pro-life
5. cult-like behavior from much of his fan base

RP people don't see any other scenario without RP being President, and then they need to come in here and not answer the question at hand. This has actually been proved by a few of us who had posted a different scenario about RP being VP if they would be ok with that. Selfishly, 99% of the posters in that thread said hell no, they wouldn't support a Newt President Paul VP slot. Although, I see Newt going with a person like Herman Cain, now that would be interesting!

Btw what's your answer to my OP would you go with Newt or Mitt?

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

www.youtube.com...

Any update on bella's health condition? I mentioned that he could drop out if he feels the need to stay with his daughter during this diffiicult time and if he backs Newt He can give Romney a fighting chance.

jjf3,

Hi, I haven't heard. My prayer is that Santorum keeps on..."walking" as he states. I wish Romney wasn't Mormon and Newt such a turn coat.

thanks for asking,

colbe

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
A vote for Gingrich or Santorum is a wasted vote! Here's why....

The MSM is using Internet polls for the sheep...just like the man behind the curtain in the wizard of oz! No matter what the media wants you to believe, it’s already a two-man race. Of the 2286 total Republican delegates, 1144 are needed to win the nomination. In five states: Virginia, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee and Illinois - Gingrich and Santorum are not even on the ballot. That’s 564 delegates that they cannot get. After South Carolina, only 59 delegates have been allocated to the four candidates. Mitt Romney has 39 of those. This means Santorum or Gingrich has to pick up 1144 delegates from the remaining 1683.

Dr. Paul is on the ballot in every state so let’s say that Dr. Paul only picks up 20% of the total number of delegates – I happen to believe he will do much better – but let’s pick 20%. That’s 457 delegates for Dr. Paul. Add that to the 564 that Newt and Santorum won’t have a shot at and now there are 1021 delegates that Santorum and Gingrich have no chance of getting. Subtract that 1021 from the total 2286 and you’re left with 1265 delegates. That means that Gingrich and Santorum, one or the other, must pick up over 90% of the available delegates to get the nomination. So, essentially, we’re down to Dr. Paul and Romney.

A vote for Gingrich and Santorum is a wasted vote! A vote for Ron Paul is not a wasted vote and may well mean that the next President of the United States will be a man that, for the last 30 years, has never broken a promise, compromised his principles or waffled his position on an issue. A man that still believes that the Constitution of the United States is THE law of the land and that the protection of our individual liberties is the primary reason for the Federal Government. Dr. Paul does not need to win FL. He only needs to win the caucus states, which overwhelmingly support him.

As much as the media would like us to believe, this race is not over.

RON PAUL 2012!
edit on 30-1-2012 by NowIsThe because: Bold/typo

edit on 30-1-2012 by NowIsThe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

It's early morning...so, this is five hours ago.
From the Philadelphia Inquirer:

+ + +

Santorum says daughter, Bella, 3, will be OK

January 29, 2012|By Anthony Campisi, INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, who scaled back campaign appearances to be with his 3-year-old daughter, Bella, at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, said Sunday night the little girl was getting better and should be able to go home in a few days.

Speaking to Florida supporters by phone from Bella's hospital room, Santorum said she'd had a rough 36 hours with pneumonia, but was awake, alert and back to being a "beautiful, happy girl."

Bella, one of seven Santorum children, suffers from a serious genetic disorder called Trisomy 18, a condition caused by a third copy of material from chromosome 18 instead of two, leading to a wide array of physical and mental problems.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

It's early morning...so, this is five hours ago.
From the Philadelphia Inquirer:

+ + +

Santorum says daughter, Bella, 3, will be OK

January 29, 2012|By Anthony Campisi, INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum, who scaled back campaign appearances to be with his 3-year-old daughter, Bella, at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, said Sunday night the little girl was getting better and should be able to go home in a few days.

Speaking to Florida supporters by phone from Bella's hospital room, Santorum said she'd had a rough 36 hours with pneumonia, but was awake, alert and back to being a "beautiful, happy girl."

Bella, one of seven Santorum children, suffers from a serious genetic disorder called Trisomy 18, a condition caused by a third copy of material from chromosome 18 instead of two, leading to a wide array of physical and mental problems.

Thanks for the update Colbe! Santorum is a good guy, maybe with too much religious overtones for me, but I could definately get around him if he wins, I'm just more liberal when it comes to social issues, actually like RP I beleive it's free choice what you do to your own body. See Paulites, I do believe in some of RP stances!!! Jeez.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join